Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Paulter Fentarelli Strikes Again!!!

How many trades does Gretzky complete prior to the deadline (including on deadline day)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
It's a young team so inconsistency is to be expected. Guys like Brodziak and Lucic dont bring enough to the table, same with Rieder. Gambardella is another guy that could make a career for himself if he can improve his footspeed.
You're right, but this org needs to stop giving spot. i would rather overpay a useful vet just a tad then throw a guy into the lineup.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bouchard at minimum needs a year in the AHL to work on his defensive game. Still too many mistakes at the OHL level to make a straight transition

We have Bear and Persson, possibly Berglund as well vying for that spot. If he isn't ready he wont be on the team.

You're right, but this org needs to stop giving spot. i would rather overpay a useful vet just a tad then throw a guy into the lineup.

I agree, however when you have guys knocking the door down on the farm you cannot simply ignore them either. This isn't giving Yamo or Jesse a spot after a few AHL games, they will have been down there for a full season and postseason.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We dont need another line driver we have 2 on bad days and 3 on good days. We just need that guy that isn't playing with One of the other big 2 to have someone that isn't hopeless offensively.
2 line drivers on bad days and 3 on good days? Are we assembling a bubble team? We need more than that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We dont need another line driver we have 2 on bad days and 3 on good days. We just need that guy that isn't playing with One of the other big 2 to have someone that isn't hopeless offensively.

Agreed. That's the luxury of having elite talent, all you need is players with some semblance of skill to play off of them. Just look at the difference that a player like Gagner is making already, Maroon a couple of years ago, Chiasson for a while earlier this season and on the PP when he got moved to the top unit. They need somebody a bit better than those guys but they don't need another star up front.

Reactions: NeutralFan888

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I know it's hard when you've been through what we have, but I've decided I hope Gretzky/New Guy focuses on the draft. The Oilers have 31 players in the system basically 23 & under (2014 draft eligible or later), which is about the middle of the league in number and probably fairly average in quality as well, for the ones that aren't in the NHL. I wouldn't mind seeing those numbers bumped up, and I hope they start to value picks more than Chiarelli did.

Chicago has 44 of those players, while Pittsburgh only has 22.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Maroon looked like he was skating in quick sand and now we've heard that he had apparently rubbed teammates the wrong way. I agree that Chiasson usually would cost a 3rd but he might be the best remaining asset that doesnt cost an arm and a leg and we gave a GM thst might not sell low this time around.
Honestly I'll be surprised if we even get a 3rd. He's got 1 goal in the last ~20 games. And without the scoring he's been basically useless.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
With all this Cap Ottawa is shedding Lucic might actually start looking attractive. After July 1st, 2019 Lucic is owed 4 million in cash each year (averaged) that's a 33% discount for cap space. If traded after July 1, 2020 he is owed 3.33mil in cash averaged each year, even better. Now only to deal with that NMC... We all know how cheap Melnyk is.
A Lucic for Bobby Ryan swap would benefit both teams. Lucic might have a longer contract but his buyout would save Melnyk 6 million dollars this summer.
Ryan is quietly having a decent season for the Sens

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
A Lucic for Bobby Ryan swap would benefit both teams. Lucic might have a longer contract but his buyout would save Melnyk 6 million dollars this summer.
A lucic for anything that doesn't skate like a refrigerator and has ok hands would be nice.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Would the Sens trade Ryan for a panic passing checking line player though? Ryan has a lot more to offer and should have a much higher value imo

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He's 26 and is an elite player. An elite player in his prime with lots of leadership skills (character) who was also born in the area doesn't fit the Oilers?
Not that there's any chance of the Oilers signing him but I didn't understand your post.

If Stone was 20-24 I’d want him. But he’s going to want big money and when you look at goal scorers, they usually score the majority of their goals before their 25th birthday. I don’t want another boat anchor contract in 2-4 years when Stone’s scoring at a 20 goal 50 point pace. Draft and develop our team, while we’re waiting on prospects we should be signing middling UFA’s to hold the roster spots.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So he doesnt work on a team like this with 20 million in 2 centres already. I'd rather spend 10m on a #1 dman or 12m on two good wingers etc.

Doesn't work? Like how the Pens were spending a pile on two centres and went out and got Kessel and promptly won back to back Cups?

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
If there is a way that we can trade Pulju for one of the hawks defensive prospects, I make that trade all day long.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Stone's not really a goal scorer though, he's an all-around player with a great two way game. He's not a power forward either so there's no reason to think he'll break down. I guess it's possible he falls of the cliff before he turns 30, but I highly doubt it.

How does landing a big fish preclude you from drafting and developing?

There’s only so much money to go around. If you draft and develop then you could potentially not have the cap to re-up guys. As it is it’ll be tight after we re-sign RNH. Now imagine we end up drafting a #1 dman or winger and they need big money after their ELC is up.

As another poster said if we’re going to spend 10M on another player it should be a #1 dman.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Doesn't work? Like how the Pens were spending a pile on two centres and went out and got Kessel and promptly won back to back Cups?

The Pens got Kessel on a retained deal, they didn’t pay him 8M to come play for them. If Stone would sign for 7M, I’d sign him.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
I'd way rather attach Pulju to Lucic and try to get rid of that albatross contract. Even for like a 3rd.

Would free up a ton of cap for the next four years (through Connor and Drais prime) and give us some depth which is far and away our biggest issue. All for a player who doesn't look like they will turn it around here, or maybe anywhere.
Yeah, that would probably work too. Use the cap space to get a player that can actually produce in your lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad