Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Paulter Fentarelli Strikes Again!!!

How many trades does Gretzky complete prior to the deadline (including on deadline day)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
With Ottawa's drafting and development team, they could very well be back on the map in no time especially if they're getting LaFreniere next year

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Exactly, keep our futures and collect more. If we want to add to the team do it through free agency or by trading some of the older players on shorter contracts for young NHL depth. Hold onto our young players and let them play in the AHL until they force their way onto the roster.

That's just it: the only players who would land us decent returns are players we can ill-afford to part with.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So 1 out of 8 wingers is even remotely capable of playing top 6 minutes. And both of them are best allocated to the center position to truly benefit the team the most.

That's not a recipe for success. The Oilers have 2 wingers capable of putting the puck in the net in Draisaitl and Chiasson. One of them is more than likely gone by Monday.

I mean sure, the team is probably in contention for the playoffs with Draisaitl and Stone on the wings. McDavid-Drai and Nuge-Stone is probably going to get you there. But as per your original post, Tanev or Donskoi doesn't get us there. Not even remotely. They need two lines capable of putting the puck in the net. A high level winger is the only solution to that. Mediocre 20 goal wingers ain't gonna cut it with the horrendous state of our bottom 6 in terms of putting the puck in the net.

You don’t sign wingers like Stone though. Guy is to old and doesn’t fit the team. If we want another good winger then we need to trade a dman for that winger. Also I disagree adding 2 15-20 goal scorers to this team would totally turn the ream around. For example as it stands with signing this two UFAs I mentioned:

Tanev-Mcdavid-Gagner
RNH-Draisaitl-Donskoi
Khaira-Marody-Puljujarvi
?-Brodziak-Kassian

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You don’t sign wingers like Stone though. Guy is to old and doesn’t fit the team. If we want another good winger then we need to trade a dman for that winger. Also I disagree adding 2 15-20 goal scorers to this team would totally turn the ream around. For example as it stands with signing this two UFAs I mentioned:

Tanev-Mcdavid-Gagner
RNH-Draisaitl-Donskoi
Khaira-Marody-Puljujarvi
?-Brodziak-Kassian
I like the idea of Dzingel, he is younger and will be much cheaper and do very well with us

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
With all this Cap Ottawa is shedding Lucic might actually start looking attractive. After July 1st, 2019 Lucic is owed 4 million in cash each year (averaged) that's a 33% discount for cap space. If traded after July 1, 2020 he is owed 3.33mil in cash averaged each year, even better. Now only to deal with that NMC... We all know how cheap Melnyk is.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
That's just it: the only players who would land us decent returns are players we can ill-afford to part with.

Not really, it depends on the return. RNH, Nurse, Russell, Sekera, Benning, Manning, etc... if RNH returns two good RFA wingers it’s a deal you need to consider. Ditto to Nurse if he can land you a few good wingers or prospects I think you look at moving him. Russell I’m sure returns a prospect or pick. These are the moves we should be making if they’re there.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You don’t sign wingers like Stone though. Guy is to old and doesn’t fit the team.
2ud547.jpg

It's even more funny that you want to sign Donskoi and Tanev who are 26 and 27 respectively.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not really, it depends on the return. RNH, Nurse, Russell, Sekera, Benning, Manning, etc... if RNH returns two good RFA wingers it’s a deal you need to consider. Ditto to Nurse if he can land you a few good wingers or prospects I think you look at moving him. Russell I’m sure returns a prospect or pick. These are the moves we should be making if they’re there.

If you're moving RNH or Nurse you need to get a similar calibre of NHL player in return. Continuously downgrading NHL talent has never worked for this org. We have 13 years of evidence of that.

The other guys you name are salary dumps, so it doesn't really matter.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Even if you have a million bucks, you'd trade it for a ticket with a chance to win...a million bucks.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

Tanev-Mcdavid-Gagner
RNH-Draisaitl-Donskoi
Khaira-Marody-Puljujarvi
?-Brodziak-Kassian

What? He's 26 years old.

That bottom 6 is capable of what... Contributing 40 goals between the 6 of them all year? Bottom feeder playoff team scored 230+ goals last year. That leaves us with around 200 goals to disperse among the top 6 guys, or on average about 33 a piece. McDavid Drai and Nuge are the only ones capable of cracking 25 in that top 6, maybe even 20.

The Oilers NEED to add another proven 30+ goal scorer on the wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Pulijujarvi for a first round pick? Do you do it if you're the Oil? If you're picking in that 15 overall range, I think you do it. Gives the team and new GM a do-over on developing a player properly. The bigger question is would a team offer their fist for Pulijujarvi?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think the method to Dorion's madness is to accumulate three or four first round picks, package them up to get into the top 10 at the draft.
This draft looks like it has a lot of hit and misses even in the top 10. I'd rather hang onto the two 1sts. With the Sens drafting team, they are capable of finding gems anywhere

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Stacked cupboard. I hope they offer-sheet Marner.

D0B4UYCXQAA0hP9.jpg

This draft looks like it has a lot of hit and misses even in the top 10. I'd rather hang onto the two 1sts. With the Sens drafting team, they are capable of finding gems anywhere

To contradict my own post, this is a Melnyk owned team. His goal is probably to have a 23 man roster all on ELCs.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Pulijujarvi for a first round pick? Do you do it if you're the Oil? If you're picking in that 15 overall range, I think you do it. Gives the team and new GM a do-over on developing a player properly. The bigger question is would a team offer their fist for Pulijujarvi?

Teams with multiple first round picks.

Reactions: AVE MAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad