Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Paulter Fentarelli Strikes Again!!!

How many trades does Gretzky complete prior to the deadline (including on deadline day)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I've been wondering if Pageau for Manning+ could make sense. Manning likely has some negative value but his actual contract is less than his cap hit next year, and Pageau makes more than his cap so for a team with Melnyk in charge it could be appealing to them...

Manning for Zack Smith...

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If Stone was 20-24 I’d want him. But he’s going to want big money and when you look at goal scorers, they usually score the majority of their goals before their 25th birthday. I don’t want another boat anchor contract in 2-4 years when Stone’s scoring at a 20 goal 50 point pace. Draft and develop our team, while we’re waiting on prospects we should be signing middling UFA’s to hold the roster spots.
Stone does everything well though. He's Selke quality defensively and is a solid character. Basically he would be in a similar role to what Hossa did for the Hawks.

Reactions: Jet Walters

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
1. I was not talking about freaking points, I was looking at possession numbers, high quality chances, Corsi etc. He is one of the worse of the bunch at that, and that's even when he was playing second pairing minutes.

St Louis - Good point on this one Edmundson is better defensively by quite a bit but so is Nurse offensively. He would probably play with Parayko on the second pairing.

Dallas- Interesting one. The left side is stacked against him with Lindell, Heiskanen being better than him and Klingberg better on the right. He would have to play right side there which I think makes his game worse but he would be the 4th best guy there for sure.

Chicago- Keith, Gustafsson and Seabrook are still better...but yeah #4 there

Colorado- Girard, Barrie, Johnson are better. Graves has looked good this year but Nurses offense pushes him over the edge.

Good points on that. Nurse is better than I say for sure, I am hard on him. He is a #4/5 defender, still not a solid second pairing guy, although he can do it.

3. People weren't mad when Nurse couldn't make up for others short comings. People get upset when Nurse makes the obvious wrong decision every secone shift. This is him playing second freaking pairing minutes too.

Nurse is a second pairing defender when his partner is muchmuch be at hockey than him, when not he is ideally on a third pairing.

The problem with these views are they are very subjective . I bet Nurse playing with prime Pronger would look like a top pairing D . The Oilers D are weak at moving the puck to the forwards . Now I have always defended Nurse but I am at the stage where Nurse needs to go . Not because he can't get any better and not because he is bad but we need some puck moving D . Nurse and Larsson should be traded/upgraded for PMD . Also the other problem with a blanket statement is that Nurse was always a shut down D and now some coach got the ideal he an offensive D so use also has to be factor into it . McDavid saying Nurse was 1 of the best D he played against was probably base on how the coached used him . Coach probably told Nurse you are they only one that can skate close to McDavid guard him at all cost .

Spurgeon , Parayko type for Larsson

Gardiner for Nurse .

I am not saying to trade for these guys but a defence or

Klefbom Spurgeon
Gardiner Parayko
Jones Bouchard

The about D would score 40 plus goals plus probably increase our forward scoring by 20 goals

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
We should be focussing on adding a 3C with term at the deadline. Brodziak or Cave just won't cut it and Khaira looks better on the wing. Pulju + Benning would be the package I'd shop.
You might have better luck in the off season. Solid #3's are too valuable for a playoff team to move at the deadline and are perhaps too expensive because teams also want such guys. Miller can play the wing and the middle. Tampa is going to have a challenge managing the cap. They might bite on a deal centered around JP and futures. CBJ might also be willing to move Jenner in the off season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You might have better luck in the off season. Solid #3's are too valuable for a playoff team to move at the deadline and are perhaps too expensive because teams also want such guys. Miller can play the wing and the middle. Tampa is going to have a challenge managing the cap. They might bite on a deal centered around JP and futures. CBJ might also be willing to move Jenner in the off season.
Don't have to target playoff teams though. Maybe non-playoff teams are looking to move some salary

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Yeah a playoff team wouldn't move that type of player right now but some bottom feeders have a few intriguing options.

OTT- Pageau or Thierny

NJ- Zacha

Detroit- Helm with some retention

LA- Kempe or Lewis

BUF- Sobotka although his play seems to have taken a dip.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Don't have to target playoff teams though. Maybe non-playoff teams are looking to move some salary
That's true but the only incentive they have at this time of the year is if there is a significant over pay. Plus this year there are not many teams that are clearly "non-playoff" teams. And the few that there are are mostly focusing on moving expiring contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad