Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Paulter Fentarelli Strikes Again!!!

How many trades does Gretzky complete prior to the deadline (including on deadline day)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-duchene-not-expected-in-lineup-on-thursday~1615383

McKenzie
"Boy oh Boy, I wonder if this situation is fractured beyond repair between Puljujarvi and the Edmonton Oilers."

"There's lots of speculation that Puljujarvi would not look kindly on being sent down to the minors."

"Would he go? We don't know...Future very much in the air."
it's too bad the kid doesn't realize he looks like a 5th liner out there. not even a 4th liner. spoiled brat

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
it's too bad the kid doesn't realize he looks like a 5th liner out there. not even a 4th liner. spoiled brat
For as bad as the Oilers have been to him, if everything we are hearing is right and him and his agent dont want to be sent down?

Teams wanting to do the right thing and send him down. Like what, does the agent think there is a single team in the league that's not bad that Puljujarvi would be an improvement on anyone in their top 12?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I wonder if there is something to be made around Kassian (and small add) for Janmark?

Kassian is 1.9 signed until next year, Janmark is 2.3 and RFA this summer. Dallas is close to the cap and doesn't have much wiggle room to make a move at the deadline.

North

Jun 25, 2009
For as bad as the Oilers have been to him, if everything we are hearing is right and him and his agent dont want to be sent down?

Teams wanting to do the right thing and send him down. Like what, does the agent think there is a single team in the league that's not bad that Puljujarvi would be an improvement on anyone in their top 12?

He and his agent think seem to have contributed to his lack of progress.

Chia should have taken a hard line with him from the start and kept him in the minors for as long as necessary but Chia decimated the depth on this team and hoped Puljujarvi would turn a corner and make him look good.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
:popcorn:Here’s my proposal as painful as it may sound....Lockout......a full year lock out. Buys us some time to get shit together and a full development year for players in the AHL. Connor gets a little break from here and most importantly is we can’t loose if there isn’t a season........

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Saying what I always say, I would throw JP on the 1st PP unit FFS. Chuck him on the first line.

Let him drown and make him swim if he doesn't want to go down.

At least put him somewhere to put up some numbers if he can and gain some confidence.

Stand in one spot on the PP like Laine FFS

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-duchene-not-expected-in-lineup-on-thursday~1615383

McKenzie
"Boy oh Boy, I wonder if this situation is fractured beyond repair between Puljujarvi and the Edmonton Oilers."

"There's lots of speculation that Puljujarvi would not look kindly on being sent down to the minors."

I could see he might not like all the air miles back and forth, but give me a break - he's terrible and he should know he needs the work.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

McKenzie

Man, I wonder what he'll think when I tell his agent I want him to go back to Europe next year. :laugh:

What is with us getting these spoiled kids who think they can play hockey? Toby can tell him that the grass isn't always greener.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Saying what I always say, I would throw JP on the 1st PP unit FFS. Chuck him on the first line.

Let him drown and make him swim if he doesn't want to go down.

At least put him somewhere to put up some numbers if he can and gain some confidence.

Stand in one spot on the PP like Laine FFS

He doesn't have the shot Laine does.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
What is the boards opinion of packaging Lucic with Pulju simply to get out of the contract, with no retention? I'll admit I'm not the biggest Pulju fan, but he has obvious tools, even if he turns into a 20-20 guy down the road, is it not worth moving him to get rid of Lucic for the next four years?

An additional 6 million would be massive to solving our depth issues, which is far and away our biggest issue. Do people think any teams would do this, for like a 3rd or a 4th even?

Pick up some depth, draft the highest skilled forward we can in the draft, IMO that puts us in a good spot going forward.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Man, I wonder what he'll think when I tell his agent I want him to go back to Europe next year. :laugh:

What is with us getting these spoiled kids who think they can play hockey? Toby can tell him that the grass isn't always greener.

Crazy that Oiler fans have seen this same song and dance over and over and still blame the player haha

Reactions: Aerrol

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Crazy that Oiler fans have seen this same song and dance over and over and still blame the player haha
It's funny that people still think this kid is an NHLer. Maybe those fans are the problem. This kid has no idea what's happening on the ice around him. Going to the AHL would aide his development. As would a one or two year trek back to Europe.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
It's funny that people still think this kid is an NHLer. Maybe those fans are the problem. This kid has no idea what's happening on the ice around him. Going to the AHL would aide his development. As would a one or two year trek back to Europe.
They f***ed him around right from the start. A properly run organization would have hired a tutor right after drafting him and they would have eased him into the NA game. They wouldn't have spent three seasons sending him up and down between leagues, slotting him mostly on the 3rd and 4th line in really limited roles, and press boxing him Everytime he made a mistake.

Yeah he has to own some of this too, but if he had been drafted by any decent, competent organization I firmly believe he's a better player than he is today.

Reactions: Aerrol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
A poster on the main board proposed Puljujarvi for Pionk. I feel that'd be a steal for us and would make that trade immediately.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They ****ed him around right from the start. A properly run organization would have hired a tutor right after drafting him and they would have eased him into the NA game. They wouldn't have spent three seasons sending him up and down between leagues, slotting him mostly on the 3rd and 4th line in really limited roles, and press boxing him Everytime he made a mistake.

Yeah he has to own some of this too, but if he had been drafted by any decent, competent organization I firmly believe he's a better player than he is today.
They gave him a roster spot right from the start. How is that f***ing him around? He was given NHL ice time out of the gate. Todd McLellan lit a fire under this player and got him to focus on his puck pursuit and game without the puck.

This kid had the tools to be a very effective NHLer, which is why he was so highly ranked. He didn't prioritize the language, nor has he really improved any facet of his offensive game--including his coordination, which is still hilariously awkward.

The organization deserves criticism for rushing this kid to the NHL, but seeing how he's come out as someone who thinks he's too good for AHL competition, you really need to question whether he was willing to slow play his NHL career at all.

I don't get the thought process of sticking him on scoring lines either. He kills plays. He's never in position--defensively or offensively. He stifles breakouts and he's ineffective on the cycle. How is sticking him up there at all beneficial to his development as an NHLer?

He needs a one or two year raincheck. He needs to learn English, he needs to fill out physically and he needs to learn the game. He a looooooong way away from being the player he was expected to be.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A poster on the main board proposed Puljujarvi for Pionk. I feel that'd be a steal for us and would make that trade immediately.
Pionk doesn't defend. He's also more of the Bouchard, Bear type defense that we have plenty of moving forward.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I wonder who Russell would waive for and who would want him.

I know some people love him but he makes a lot of sense to move. He should have value and that clears 4 million in cap space and he's very replaceable.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Pionk doesn't defend. He's also more of the Bouchard, Bear type defense that we have plenty of moving forward.

Pionk would arguably be our best dman. Getting him for Puljujarvi would be a win IMO. Looked very good in every game Ive seen him play.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Pionk would arguably be our best dman. Getting him for Puljujarvi would be a win IMO. Looked very good in every game Ive seen him play.

I don't think so.

Second or third maybe but that means little on this team. I don't think you can argue he's better than Klefbom.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The only one arguing would be you.

Pionk is a very good defensive prospect, and is younger then Nurse. Guy has the makings of another Letang. In saying that I now see he had a bad looking eye injury. Not sure if Id make the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad