Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Neal gone. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers fan say Bear was bad in the top 4 too lol so who knows

One group of fans says bad because of a few plays that stand out. The other, and many teams fans before say bad because the guy is just bad at hockey. Think Ceci is a guy that is able to unify a fan base in agreeing he sucks. Bear is split like most young D that can move a puck but make the odd bad mistake.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Also another big problem with going both Barrie+Ceci is that it leaves us with less money for goalies, and with Boob Stauffer pushing for Smith+Koskinen tandem again that could be a dark reality.

We absolutely cannot sign both Barrie and Ceci, one or the other, keep the two cheap cost controlled options in Bear/Bouchard, and invest the rest on an actual human starter so I don't have to watch Koskinen flop about uselessly for another season.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Also another big problem with going both Barrie+Ceci is that it leaves us with less money for goalies, and with Boob Stauffer pushing for Smith+Koskinen tandem again that could be a dark reality.

We absolutely cannot sign both Barrie and Ceci, one or the other, keep the two cheap cost controlled options in Bear/Bouchard, and invest the rest on an actual human starter so I don't have to watch Koskinen flop about uselessly for another season.
Unless the goalie come in a trade

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
God Oiler fans on Twitter are like teenage Emo's.

Thanking Bear for his services lol. Like f***, relax. He is still here. They talk like we are about to lose Chris, F'in Pronger

Those are the same people who have half a shaved head and green hair. They read a graph and think they are smarter than everyone else. Insufferable.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Perry is a secret weapon to reaching the finals... 2 in a row for him... not quite as good as having a Maroon lucky charm who actually wins Cups... but hey reaching the finals is a good 1st step. :)

Having a Keith-Getzlaf-Perry trio in the lineup would certainly help with the "veteran presence" on the team and respect from the refs would potentially be at an all-time high. ;)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd rather spend the money on Murray than Ceci...

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bear
Murray - Bouch
This is the way.

I am not cool with trading Bear, especially for the likes of Cody Ceci. Someone mentioned the whole
Keith Bear mentoring partnership, it’s 100% not ideal from what we’ve heard of Kieth, but it makes ALOT of sense for Bears development. There’s just way too much potential in Bear not to try this before cutting loose. What if Kieth teaches him a lot and he hits another level. The Oilers will look like dummies again like when all our other “bad” RHD moved outta here only to become legit good to great NHLers for the teams that got them.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I'd be all for re-signing Barrie to a 4 year deal. We haven't had a dman with his offensive ability since Souray/Visnovsky. In a couple of years he could always be sheltered on a 2nd/3rd pair if need be.

He needs to be sheltered there now against dangerous opponents. In a couple years maybe he will actually learn how to play defence and wont have to be riding the bench in the final minutes of a game.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Unless the goalie come in a trade
The only decent goalies available for trade are Kuemper whose made of glass and Jarry whose inconsistent. I'd much rather just spend money on Grubauer or Ullmark every day of the week. Bear and Bouchard will most likely be better players than Ceci and Barrie within the next 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad