Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Neal gone. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why do people think we need a 3LD. Cant fill the spot with Samurokov, Lagesson, Russell, etc?

Are we trying to make the playoffs or make noise in the playoffs? If it's the former then that's good enough right now. If it's the latter, unless Samorukov has healed 100% and is ready for the step to the NHL, it is not.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Lot of people thought petry was trash too

Petry was trash, more often than not for the Oilers, but still a lot better than Ceci was awhile back.

For the record. Ceci "could" be the best thing since sliced bread now. I am only commenting on how bad Ceci used to be. For clarity.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bear
Murray /Forbort - Bouchard
Russell

or

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Russell

I like the look of the second option a lot more.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
How bout a PTO to Ho Sang?
Might create some magic with McDavid if he gets a fresh start.

Looked impressive the one game he played against us a few yrs back.
I'm not sure if he's in top condition after reading this article. He was sent packing after 5 games in the SHL.

Josh Ho-Sang sent packing by European team after a handful of games | Markerzone.com
After just five games with Örebro of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL), Josh Ho-Sang, who remains the property of the New York Islanders, is coming back to North America. According to Örebro's official website , Ho-Sang was cut for physical conditioning reasons.

Thanks to @Perfect_Drug for providing the link.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Montreal-Lady.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Mathesson actually made a good point. Imagine Hyman replacing Chiasson as the net front guy on our already deadly Pp.

Honestly don't really care much for Hyman's PP prowess. It's his even strength scoring that they desperately need.

Anyway, if they're still in on Ceci after the Barrie signing, you'd have to think that Bear is being dealt. I'm not as big a Bear fan as some others but if they could get a good forward for him, they might as well do it because he's never going to get the opportunity here with Barrie and Bouchard soon being ahead of him on the depth chart.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Even in playoffs Tatar was creating chances, supported by analytics and *my* eye test. Just zero puck luck. Was immediately labelled soft and unfairly scratched. The fact they went on a run was despite that rather then because of it, IMO.

Yeah I didn't think he was bad either. I just would prioritize guys that actually offer an advantage in the playoffs.

What happens in the regular season doesn't matter if they get knocked out in the 1st again.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I can't see Holland trading Bouchard. Bear, on the other hand, I think is, unfortunately, too small.

Bouchard is 6'3 194lbs and probably still growing into his frame.

Bear, however, is only 5'11 @ 197lbs.

I can see Bouchard in Tippet & Holland plans for the D in the future. Bear, after this season, I don't think he fits in the Oiler plans.

Chris Johnson Just posted this:

Reactions: Oilhawks

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bear
Russell

or

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Russell

I like the look of the second option a lot more.
pittsburgh fan said the ceci was bad in the top 4 so the first one is better

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly don't really care much for Hyman's PP prowess. It's his even strength scoring that they desperately need.

Anyway, if they're still in on Ceci after the Barrie signing, you'd have to think that Bear is being dealt. I'm not as big a Bear fan as some others but if they could get a good forward for him, they might as well do it because he's never going to get the opportunity here with Barrie and Bouchard soon being ahead of him on the depth chart.
I don’t see why we can’t just make Bear a 3rd pair guy. We made the same mistake with Maroon, didn’t have room in the top 6, convinced maroon he was a top 6 guy… then he leaves and becomes the effective 4th liner (paid cheaply) like he always should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad