Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Neal gone. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

To a point kinda.

Camp is definitely different than game time. In camp vets are at half speed trying to just not get hurt, prospects are supposed to be pushing hard for a spot. If you can't look better than a half speed vet in camp then you aren't the best option. Waivers will give Benson and co a longer look in camp but they have to outplay someone

Bear is also 24 and played his second NHL season last year. Let's see how he plays next year.

As for Barrie, yeah McDavid and Draisaitl might have to chase a bit more, but then again players grow. Nurse did a job at transition last year and as much as I crap on Keith he still has his hockey IQ and should be able to move the puck at least.

Hopefully our fanbase is better to Nuge now that it’s becoming clear just how much of a discount he took.

Ya, those deals aren’t necessarily overpays, but you can’t now ask Landeskog/McKinnon to take discounts either.

Well I mean depending on free agency they gotta beat out... *checks notes* Devin Shore.

If they can't do that then yeah I guess move em.

With the numbers thrown around this offseason dman contracts, RNH's contract is unbelievable. So much respect for him.

View attachment 456740

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Letting Barrie walk after he just led the league for scoring among dmen because you’re unwilling to budge off of 3 years while simultaneously being willing to give Hyman max term....

What a slap in the face of Barrie.

It’s astonishing Holland is going to lose Larsson and Barrie in one off season and people are okay with the idea of Hamonic or Savard to secure the right side.

What a disaster it would be to lose our top 2 RHD.

Major fail letting Barrie walk after losing Larsson.
Couldn't dump Neal off on teams actively looking to add bad contracts.
Koskinen is still an Oiler.

Sigh.....back to the liquor bottle.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Surprised Holland didn’t cave when Larsson left.

Reactions: Proko88

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Spector acting like he knows something saying Koskinen will be bought out in the 2nd buyout window.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

If Bouchard was the cost of the Neal dump, do you do it? Or do you buy him out?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Mark Spector:

200w.gif

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

"Let"? Barrie is a free agent,,you cannot make him sign here and if holland overpays when we have holes to fill on a one dimensionaly dman you would be bashing him for that/

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I honestly don't know that dumping Neal was the best move. Given what Ghost cost to dump I don't think I'd want to do that. Given that Neal costs more and really didn't add anything and has really no potential one has to assume it would've cost more than a 2nd and a 7th.

Schwanck

Sep 29, 2020
Edmonton, AB

I don't get this thought process, Barrie isn't what this team needs on the right side unless we're moving on from one of Bear or Bouchard. Bouchard shouldn't be moved and Bear plays both sides of the ice well. We need a shut down Dman and that isn't Barrie, so unless we move one of Bouchard or Bear for a bonafide shut down D man, I don't see how we can bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad