Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: More Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Struds is essentially the best thing to happen to local radio in years. The day he told Brownlee "no, that's not how it is" was one of the greatest days of my drive homes ever.

Hes solid, as well as the Spittin Chiclets podcast. Those guests are all pretty candid and speaking the truth and say pretty similar things

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oilers re-sign Patrick Russell.

Good news. Keeps the Gambo-Malone-Russell line around in Bako assuming they make it through waivers and Gambo doesn't make the big club.
I don't get capfriendly. Was checking details and they say 700k. No mention of minor salary, so maybe TBD.

However, there source is the Oilers tweet that literally doesn't say anything about dollars. So where they get their numbers from?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hes solid, as well as the Spittin Chiclets podcast. Those guests are all pretty candid and speaking the truth and say pretty similar things
I need to listen to spittin chicklets more. Problem is in an office I'd be laughing too much.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Agree to disagree. I see him as sehll of his former self right now. Totally disengaged in games, and a far cry from the complete madmen he used to be. I have rarely seen him change a game with physicality in his time here. And his notable physical moments have came in pretty non important games

I could live with Lucic if he was still moving the needle physically and not putting up much points (see Tom Wilson pre 2018 and how much Caps fan loved him). But right now, I dont see that either
I feel like his "hits" are credited because of his past reputation. He is too slow, 95% of the force from his hit is his body hitting the boards, if lucky he gets an arm on them.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So if it's for a chance to play for China at Olympics couldn't he have waited? Seems like he was doing well in the AHL and now is kind of putting an end to his NHL career before he even gave it a chance to start.
Well as a star of Chinese decent being a star in the KHL in China might be worth something to him.

Note on Kunlun, 2 former Oilers, Gilbert Brule and Andrew Miller, feature on the roster.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I was wondering the samething, although some things I read is he just bought a big house in London and might want to go there.

I could however see Buffalo giving him a decent offer to replace Pominville

Which leads me to ask do we sign Pominville to a one year deal?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On a reasonable 1 year deal, he should still be able to contribute.
I don't even care if he comes in and busts. Simply put we need bodies to provide depth and challenge everyone.

He comes in and is done, then so be it. But if the plan is to try some bargain bin wingers he would fit the bill.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Both Neal and Perry seem to have one really bad down year (both are declining forsure, but to go for consistent 25+ goals/45+ points to under 20 is a crazy drop). One of them will have a big bounce back year on a new team, one will continue to suck. Hopefully we make the right choice. I have no clue who will be the good one and which one wont tho

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I would take both if they're really cheap and it works with the cap. Team desperately needs goals, both would be candidates to play alongside McDavid. Both have wicked shots and should be smart enough to get open for either McDavid or Draisait (maybe even on two separate lines).

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Both Neal and Perry seem to have one really bad down year (both are declining forsure, but to go for consistent 25+ goals/45+ points to under 20 is a crazy drop). One of them will have a big bounce back year on a new team, one will continue to suck. Hopefully we make the right choice. I have no clue who will be the good one and which one wont tho
I'm more likely to believe Perry could do it because he's been a higher end of the two players for their career.

I wasn't suggesting either or, just that 1 year of Perry at, say, $2.5M (Because Vet) would probably serve the Oilers well honestly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dreger is the worst insider of them all. Throw **** at a wall kind of reporting.
Problem is if you took what he said as a rumor then that's your issue, not dregers.

Far too often people just assume because these guys say something that it's a rumor. Seems quite clear that he's just talking about his opinion here.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Not related, just a player v player comparison. I would trade Lucic for Perry but no chance Anaheim does that.

It isn't too outlandish.

2 years for $15M of Perry.
4 years for $16M of Lucic.

Lucic is younger, healthier, arguably better and costs you close to half of what Perry does in actual dollars per year.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It isn't too outlandish.

2 years for $15M of Perry.
4 years for $16M of Lucic.

Lucic is younger, healthier, arguably better and costs you close to half of what Perry does in actual dollars per year.

TBH, I don't think Lucic is "arguably better".

Perry had as many goals in 30 games as Lucic did in 80. He's coming off 49 and 53 point seasons.

He IS slow and that's not what the Oilers need, but if you can bargain basement him in the same way that Chicago bargain basemented Brad Richards after his big buyout, you do it. The problem is why wouldn't Corey Perry do that on a team that's closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad