5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It isn't too outlandish.

2 years for $15M of Perry.
4 years for $16M of Lucic.

Lucic is younger, healthier, arguably better and costs you close to half of what Perry does in actual dollars per year.

Problem is the term for Lucic and the NMC.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Id love to do something around Perry and Lucic, but with these teams its hard to even out contracts and value.

Lucic + Russell + 38th

For

Perry + Silvferberg ?

Ducks save money gain good pick, Oilers improve F. Probably a no go for Ducks.
Its tough to balance contracts and value, tough fit. They have 0 4 yr contracts and just a couple 5+. Maybe Henrique would be more palatable to them but the money is tight for Oil. Oh well.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Question for people.

Can someone explain to me, why some teams love Duchene so much?

I mean I get that hes a center, hes a great skater, and overall hes a good hockey player. On average hes like a 60 point player (which is very valuable in the NHL), who at times seems like he has attitude problems? I know some players get overvalued because they won things, but Duchene has never done that.

Nugent Hopkins or similar types of players have similar production and it doesnt seem like people really gush about him. I am sure if RNH was going to UFA there would be teams interested, but Duchene already got a ransom from Ottawa, Columbus paid a pretty healthy price and from reports, it seems some teams are going to wait around the block to pay him as a UFA.

I mean I get it, hes a good player but I have never really understood the hype he seems to get. What am I missing? (or am I wrong)

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad