Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: More Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think the 2RW position makes the most sense?

Quick mock up:
2nd 2019 for Jack Campbell
Bear for Roslovic
Benning for a pick
Sign Vanek 1 yr x 2.35M
Sign Brassard 1 yr x 2.75M (show the world you can rebound deal and sign elsewhere next season)

View attachment 234051

We have anywhere from 1.77M to 3.77M in cap space depending on where the cap comes in at with the option to buyout Gagner for 2M in savings if you find a really good deal on a UFA or another trade.

I personally would look to either upgrade that 1RW slot and push Kassian to the 4th lins with Brodziak or Khaira as the 13F. Or alternatively see if Jones + Russell + can get you Spurgeon to really solidify the D.

I think we sign Nyquist in free agency, I really do.

Kassian worked on the top line with Drai and McDavid, I would leave him there to start.

Lucic for Eriksson

Larsson+Russell+2020 1st top ten protected to Carolina for Hamilton and Darling (who we then buy out)

Khaira+ for Roslovic

Puljujarvi to NYR for Pionk (Rangers fans suggested this)

Benning for Brown

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Nyquist
Eriksson-Roslovic-Brown
Nygard-Cave-Gambardella
Gagner

Klefbom-Hamilton
Nurse-Sekera
Jones-Pionk

Koskinen
McElhinney

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Kassian worked on the top line with Drai and McDavid, I would leave him there to start.

Lucic for Eriksson

Larsson+Russell+2020 1st top ten protected to Carolina for Hamilton and Darling (who we then buy out)

Khaira+ for Roslovic

Benning for Brown

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Nyquist
Eriksson-Roslovic-Brown
Nygard-Cave-Gambardella
Gagner

Klefbom-Hamilton
Nurse-Sekera
Jones-Pionk

Koskinen
McElhinney

I don't think Benson is quite ready.

I'd much rather sign Filppula/Brassard/Sheahan for #3C and then run with Nyqvist-RNH-Roslovic in that scenario.

Reactions: 780il

Macblender

May 5, 2014
That may be so (as their have been some Trouba rumors) but the Jets are still pretty deep on D.
I just wouldnt do the Jones for Roslovic deal.
Jets fans seem to prefer Bear for Roslovic. Would you do that with maybe a small add from our end?

Roslovic put up 24 points averaging 9:45 of playing time per game and he only shot 12.2% so it is not like he was lucky during those minutes. To me he instantly becomes our second best winger (he is bad on the draw so I would not play him at 3C).

As I have said previously:
Bear, Jones, and Lagesson all lose waivers exemption at the end of this season and none are displacing Nurse, Klef, or Sekera without a major trade on our side.

Long term our right side is ideally XXX (Spurgeon/etc), Larsson, and Bouchard however without landing a top guy then it is realistically Bear/Persson fighting it our for the bottom pairing spot with Persson having more years of waivers eligibility so we likely have to move on from Bear before we fully find out if he is our future 3RD. Berglund is another wild card for this 3RD slot.

Our left side is locked in on the top 2 pairs with Jones, Lagesson, and Samoroukov competing for the bottom pairing slot.

I think we are getting to the point we either have to make room i.e Benning and Russell gone this offseason for cheap internal replacements or to where we need to trade 2 out of the 3 before they lose too much value in that they are no longer waivers exempt and we dont have room therefore we lose leverage in a trade as we lose them for nothing or for a bad return.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014

Lucic for Eriksson

Khaira+ for Roslovic

Benning for Brown

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Nyquist
Eriksson-Roslovic-Brown
Nygard-Cave-Gambardella
Gagner

Klefbom-Hamilton
Nurse-Sekera
Jones-Pionk

Koskinen
McElhinney

Yes to Hamilton. Good numbers, good contract, seems like Carolina might move on from him.

We also have Fort Edmonton, which should suffice as museum history stuff.

Reactions: Crude

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think Benson is quite ready.

I'd much rather sign Filppula/Brassard/Sheahan for #3C and then run with Nyqvist-RNH-Roslovic in that scenario.

I think Benson will surprise a lot of people in camp. He’s been working hard on his play on the boards and down low.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jets fans seem to prefer Bear for Roslovic. Would you do that with maybe a small add from our end?

Roslovic put up 24 points averaging 9:45 of playing time per game and he only shot 12.2% so it is not like he was lucky during those minutes. To me he instantly becomes our second best winger (he is bad on the draw so I would not play him at 3C).

As I have said previously:
Bear, Jones, and Lagesson all lose waivers exemption at the end of this season and none are displacing Nurse, Klef, or Sekera without a major trade on our side.

Long term our right side is ideally XXX (Spurgeon/etc), Larsson, and Bouchard however without landing a top guy then it is realistically Bear/Persson fighting it our for the bottom pairing spot with Persson having more years of waivers eligibility so we likely have to move on from Bear before we fully find out if he is our future 3RD. Berglund is another wild card for this 3RD slot.

Our left side is locked in on the top 2 pairs with Jones, Lagesson, and Samoroukov competing for the bottom pairing slot.

I think we are getting to the point we either have to make room i.e Benning and Russell gone this offseason for cheap internal replacements or to where we need to trade 2 out of the 3 before they lose too much value in that they are no longer waivers exempt and we dont have room therefore we lose leverage in a trade as we lose them for nothing or for a bad return.

Yes...I would do Bear and a small+ for Roslovic.
I could be wrong but I think that Jones has a higher ceiling (more versatile) than Bear. I even have Pearson ahead of Bear.
Its not that I dont like Roslovic...he has potential and he might well be a good fit.
I just really like Jones. :D

I agree about Russell and Benning...one of those or maybe both are likely gone.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think Benson will surprise a lot of people in camp. He’s been working hard on his play on the boards and down low.

I think he's ready to play a complementary role, but I'd like to see him drive offense away from Marody down in the AHL for a bit first to hopefully really unlock his offense.

Trade Broadziak + 2020 4th for him, Broadziak is a vet and soon to be UFA.

Sheahan is a UFA. No need to trade.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Lucic for Eriksson

Khaira+ for Roslovic

Benning for Brown

Drai-McDavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Nyquist
Eriksson-Roslovic-Brown
Nygard-Cave-Gambardella
Gagner

Klefbom-Hamilton
Nurse-Sekera
Jones-Pionk

Koskinen
McElhinney
I dont think that team would be cap compliant it would be close though. We are relying a lot on rookies in that scenario and I also do not think Carolina touches that trade as they have a surplus of RD anyways and they would have no use in Russell.

I am all fine for signing Nyquist but anything north of 6M and I dont think it is worth it. Roslovic is also terrible on the draw as in 43% bad so I think he is a RW option in that case.

Also where did Brodziak go or is he buried?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I dont think that team would be cap compliant it would be close though. We are relying a lot on rookies in that scenario and I also do not think Carolina touches that trade as they have a surplus of RD anyways and they would have no use in Russell.

I am all fine for signing Nyquist but anything north of 6M and I dont think it is worth it. Roslovic is also terrible on the draw as in 43% bad so I think he is a RW option in that case.

Also where did Brodziak go or is he buried?

I waved my fingers and he disappeared...

I dunno he retires or gets buried or something. Generally he gone.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I waved my fingers and he disappeared...

I dunno he retires or gets buried or something. Generally he gone.
Fair enough mind trying that trick on Lucic for us!

I do like the idea of Hamilton he did play quite well in the playoffs and all the smoke around Faulk for the last couple year makes me think he is likely the odd man out.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ok here's my go at it (idk if this is cap compliant but f*** it lol)

Bear for Roslovic
Puljujarvi + Russel + 3rd for Pionk
Benning for Brown
Lucic for Eriksson
Larsson + Gagner + 2020 1st (lottery protected) for Spurgeon extended

Sign Nyquist, Brassard/Filpula, and a backup

Kassian - Mcdavid - Draisaitl
Nyquist - Nuge - Roslovic
Eriksson - Brassard - Brown
Khaira - Cave - PTO/Bako

Klefbom - Spurgeon
Nurse - Pionk
Sekera - Jones

Koskinen
Backup

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
EDM's first for Kapanen
EDM's second for Haula

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Haula - RNH - Kapanen
Kapanen for our first??? boom is right ,thats the trade blowing up in our face

Boom :D
Ya the boom is that trade blowing up in our face

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Jones for Roslovic
Lucic for Eriksson
Nyqvist 6x6
Sheahan 1.3x2
Gagner and Manning buried.

83ec516cc71e0c0a752671604f8aea00.png

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think he's ready to play a complementary role, but I'd like to see him drive offense away from Marody down in the AHL for a bit first to hopefully really unlock his offense.

Sheahan is a UFA. No need to trade.
My mistake, this moving Broadziak out would be even more prudent then.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That may be so (as there have been some Trouba rumors) but the Jets are still pretty deep on D.
I just wouldnt do the Jones for Roslovic deal.

Not really. Myers is a UFA as is Chiarot. They don’t have a lot of depth bubbling under either.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jones for Roslovic
Lucic for Eriksson
Nyqvist 6x6
Sheahan 1.3x2
Gagner and Manning buried.

83ec516cc71e0c0a752671604f8aea00.png
I would say the Oilers then move, after July 1st (I assume Lucic for Eriksson is done before July 1 because Eriksson is due a larger bonus) Eriksson($1M Retained) + Puljujarvi to Ottawa for Pageau and 2020 2nd

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not really. Myers is a UFA as is Chiarot. They don’t have a lot of depth bubbling under either.

Good points.
I guess we will see how things shake down.
I know one thing for sure...I feel much better going into this off season (with Holland making decisions) than I did last year. :nod:

Reactions: North

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Yes...I would do Bear and a small+ for Roslovic.
I could be wrong but I think that Jones has a higher ceiling (more versatile) than Bear.

I agree. Jones got swamped last season (the poor kid was playing 1st and 2nd pairing some games!), but showed a lot of promise IMO. Particularly his passing looks to be better than most of our other prospects (and some of our roster guys), which is increasingly important for a defender - Especially for a team which has some dynamite forwards, pretty solid defensemen, but seriously lacks in transition.

I'd hold onto him over Bear (who I also like, just less so).

Reactions: guymez

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
Ok here's my go at it (idk if this is cap compliant but **** it lol)

Bear for Roslovic
Puljujarvi + Russel + 3rd for Pionk
Benning for Brown
Lucic for Eriksson
Larsson + Gagner + 2020 1st (lottery protected) for Spurgeon extended

Sign Nyquist, Brassard/Filpula, and a backup

Kassian - Mcdavid - Draisaitl
Nyquist - Nuge - Roslovic
Eriksson - Brassard - Brown
Khaira - Cave - PTO/Bako

Klefbom - Spurgeon
Nurse - Pionk
Sekera - Jones

Koskinen
Backup

You’re being WAY to generous in Pionk deal, unless Puljujarvi is what you’re paying them to take Russel?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m not sure what’s worse, giving up the 8th overall pick to dump Sekera and Gagner, or buying out Manning. Both are terrible.

The only way the Arizona deal makes any sense is if you think Kuemper can come in and be our starter. And even if you’re really high on Kuemper, and he manages to repeat last season, he immediately prices himself out of an extension. Bad idea.

Manning is cheaper to bury than to buy out. Bad idea.

To be honest I didn't really know how to bury Manning on capfriendly so I just bought him out :laugh:.
I think our team would be a lot better with those moves though.

Eriksson-McDavid-Draisaitl
Brown-Kadri-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Vanek
Crouse-Brodziak-Currie

Nurse-Karlsson
Klefbom-Russell
Jones-Benning

Kuemper
Koskinen

Another move could be trying to trade Koskinen for some more forward help or even pick/prospect and bringing in Mike Smith on a cheap deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad