Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: More Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Its interesting to hear that the Jets are shopping Trouba. If I were the GM of the Jets I would be looking to trade some higher priced forwards...not Dmen.

In any event I think some posters are undervaluing Jones. I really like the player...he has a great tool set IMO.
I would be reluctant to trade him. I have him pretty much at the top of the list of NHL ready dmen in Bakersfield right now.

Trouba doesn’t want to commit long term. He wants to go back to the States. The Jets have no choice but to maximize the value they can get for him.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
If we were to acquire Roslovic, where does he fit in on the depth chart? 3C, top 6 RW?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
at least Matthews isn't in his prime yet..he's only 21 and getting better

Skinner is a good player but 9 million is for 80 point players, not guys that average like 50-55 points a year

Is Matthews getting better?
11.6 for a player consistently hitting around 70 points is junk.

I agree though the Skinner contract is mind blowing. Players like Tkachuk must be licking their chops.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
What would people think of trading for Jack Campbell?

675K Cap hit this coming season and he played 31 game with a 2.3GAA and .928 S%.

Would save a ton of cap space vs signing a Smith or Elliot who played a similar number of games with worse states.

LA seemingly prefers to trade him to open up room for a Cal Petersen/Quick tandem.

Reactions: Jet Walters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Heard yesterday that the cap is expected to be between 81-82M depending on what the players do with the inflator, and not the 83M initially projected. Teams going with that for salary modelling until the firm number is given later this month.

Enjoy that one Toronto.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Here is my dream offseason:

Screenshot_2019-06-06-10-46-50.png

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
yes...he would've easily hit 85 points if he stayed healthy and he's getting better
Unfortunately for the Leafs, they didn't push back when Matthews agent used McDavid as a comparison on an 8-year deal (and he's losing ground in that comparison). As a result, they ended up at $11.6M over 5 seasons, buying only one UFA season.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
On our team? 3C and 2nd powerplay.

Probably would mean a third line of Khaira-Roslovic-Gagner and a 4th line of Nygard-Cave-TBD.
I think the 2RW position makes the most sense?

Quick mock up:
2nd 2019 for Jack Campbell
Bear for Roslovic
Benning for a pick
Sign Vanek 1 yr x 2.35M
Sign Brassard 1 yr x 2.75M (show the world you can rebound deal and sign elsewhere next season)

upload_2019-6-6_10-49-0.png

We have anywhere from 1.77M to 3.77M in cap space depending on where the cap comes in at with the option to buyout Gagner for 2M in savings if you find a really good deal on a UFA or another trade.

I personally would look to either upgrade that 1RW slot and push Kassian to the 4th lins with Brodziak or Khaira as the 13F. Or alternatively see if Jones + Russell + can get you Spurgeon to really solidify the D.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
EDM's first for Kapanen
EDM's second for Haula

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
Haula - RNH - Kapanen

Boom :D

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Here is my dream offseason:

View attachment 234049

I’m not sure what’s worse, giving up the 8th overall pick to dump Sekera and Gagner, or buying out Manning. Both are terrible.

The only way the Arizona deal makes any sense is if you think Kuemper can come in and be our starter. And even if you’re really high on Kuemper, and he manages to repeat last season, he immediately prices himself out of an extension. Bad idea.

Manning is cheaper to bury than to buy out. Bad idea.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Trouba doesn’t want to commit long term. He wants to go back to the States. The Jets have no choice but to maximize the value they can get for him.

That may be so (as there have been some Trouba rumors) but the Jets are still pretty deep on D.
I just wouldnt do the Jones for Roslovic deal.

Last edited:

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Am I the only one who wants to keep Sekera? He can be Jones D partner this year and Bouchard next season. Seems like a good guy to have around.

We all like him as the player he can be when healthy but there's a lot of miles and two major surgeries on those legs, and he has one of the larger contracts with only half-league trade protection. If we can trade or buy out Sekera and Lucic that frees up a ton of cap space, and younger players should be able to step in soon.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Am I the only one who wants to keep Sekera? He can be Jones D partner this year and Bouchard next season. Seems like a good guy to have around.
I think he is a great option as a partner for Jones this season but in the coming year he is likely a cap casualty so that we can fully revamp our forwards.

Holland also shares you view as he has greatly talked up Sekera as a guy who seems to be a good mentor.

I have a feeling that we see Russell move this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad