Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: I've Got Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
The question becomes can we win with rolling out Bear-Barrie and Bouchard long term? IMO Barrie adds an element that the other two don't in terms of his skating and jumping into the play that would supplement our offensive depth and improve the offensive options with our skilled lines. If we could sign Barrie for under $6 million I would probably make that deal and not even care if Jesse breaks out for the Leafs.

As long as Tippet is our coach Barrie is coming no where near this team.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Dryden Hunt on waivers. You want a real 3rd/4th liner bring him in. He is still young just didn't have chemistry with the Florida 3rd or 4th liners.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
As long as Tippet is our coach Barrie is coming no where near this team.
I don't buy this but makes one wonder how Larsson would look under Tippet for a stretch of 20 games. Not too long ago Larsson was on par if not more valuable than Klefbom as our best Dman.
Would be dumb to just give him away without seeing if he still can get there at 4.1M per

Reactions: ujju2 and LaGu

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Well he'd need to have a solid rest of his season with us before he'd get to that kind of $ based on his play in Toronto. Shattenkirk is a good reminder to teams why you maybe don't toss so much $ at a one dimensional player.

He's averaging just over 50 points per year in his last 5 years. He's very likely going to get paid as a UFA since money typically follow points. For all his flaws those numbers put him in an elite group of offensive defenseman production-wise Over those 5 years there were 62 50+ point seasons by defensemen or about 12 per year, and the guys who averaged 50 per year were Burns, Karlsson, Josi, Hedman, Letang, Klingberg, Barrie, Yandle, and Giordano. While Yandle might indeed have been a cautionary tale it I still an elite group he is in and I would expect a few GM's will want to take a shot especially since he is a RH shot.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Meh, Holland should call up Treliving right now, I bet we could get Bennet for Pullijarvi straight up with Calgary eating some salary

After the Lucic - Neal swap, I don’t think Tre is going to be making any deals with Holland any time soon :laugh:

But I would love for that to happen. I think Bennett will breakout once he’s out of Calgary. Don’t think he ever lives up to that 4th overall hype but I think he can still be a 50-60 point winger.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I don't buy this but makes one wonder how Larsson would look under Tippet for a stretch of 20 games. Not too long ago Larsson was on par if not more valuable than Klefbom as our best Dman.
Would be dumb to just give him away without seeing if he still can get there at 4.1M per
It would be very dumb.
Larsson should be back on Thursday and I bet he'll draw in with Klefbom. That will stabilize the pairs, ending the revolving door of D partners Klefbom has had lately, and probably ease the burden off of Nurse/Bear a bit. Could prove to improve the play of both of our top pairs. 20 games are left this year, we'll get an idea of what we have by then.

Reactions: ujju2

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Who would take this deal?

Larsson + Bouchard + Pulju + Gagner for Hall + Vatanen + NJ 1st this year

Why in the world would the Devils do that?
Trading their best Dman and forward signals tanking so it's essentially, Hall+Vatanen+top 10 probably top 5 pick for a good not elite prospect, #4 Dman and a bust.
They could probably get a Bouchard level prospect for Hall alone if it was a sign and trade.

Last edited:

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Meh, Holland should call up Treliving right now, I bet we could get Bennet for Pullijarvi straight up with Calgary eating some salary
I think Calgary had to block Hollands number

Why in the world would the Devils do that?
Trading their best Dman and forward signals tanking so it's essentially, Hall+Vatanen+top 10 probably top 5 pick for a good not elite prospect, #4 Dman and a bust.
They could probably get a Bouchard level prospect for Hall alone if it was a sign and trade.

Yeah they wouldn't do this. Hall and Vats UFA's but their 1st is never being moved.

But when do sign and trades happen... Hall is not bringing a Bouchard level prospect back this day and age

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah they wouldn't do this. Hall and Vats UFA's but their 1st is never being moved.

But when do sign and trades happen... Hall is not bringing a Bouchard level prospect back this day and age

It happened twice last season with Vegas, Pacioretty and Stone. Both returned a top prospect on the Bouchard level (Suzuki and Brannstrom) although the Pacioretty trade happened before the season.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
It happened twice last season with Vegas, Pacioretty and Stone. Both returned a top prospect on the Bouchard level (Suzuki and Brannstrom) although the Pacioretty trade happened before the season.

Yeah but those players had a signing in place, so they werent rentals. Hall with agreement of an extension is probably worth a bouchard level of prospect but I dont think the Oilers could make Hall work with an extension anyway unless hes signing around 6-7mil, and would probably result in us trading away RNH, Klefbom, etc. I guess the team could trade Larsson to shed his salary. But I dont think Hall is signing for 6-7mil anyway, hes probably going to want 8+ and I personally wouldnt give it to him on a longer deal. No desire to trade Bouchard at this point either unless we are getting another RD whos young/potential.

Reactions: Aerchon

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019

Those were trade and signs, they decided they liked what Vegas was offering :p

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019

nit the same Stone was signed right away they had permission to talk contract so more valuable then most rental same with Patches

not saying could not happen Hall but if he is wanting go free agency he wil get true rental value like a first and B prospect

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah but those players had a signing in place, so they werent rentals. Hall with agreement of an extension is probably worth a bouchard level of prospect but I dont think the Oilers could make Hall work with an extension anyway unless hes signing around 6-7mil, and would probably result in us trading away RNH, Klefbom, etc. I guess the team could trade Larsson to shed his salary. But I dont think Hall is signing for 6-7mil anyway, hes probably going to want 8+ and I personally wouldnt give it to him on a longer deal. No desire to trade Bouchard at this point either unless we are getting another RD whos young/potential.

That's exactly what I said my friend.
I know that Hall as a rental won't return nearly that much.

The Devils will probably work with him to find a destination of his choice for sign and trade so they can make him happy and also maximize return. If they can't work something out then it's an unprecedented situation with an elite player being dealt as a rental. Karlsson was a bit of an odd situation different than the Hall one because of the outside the rink noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlameChampion

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Bouchard is a better prospect than Suzuki, Brannstrom. Would you trade Bouchard for Valimaki or Tippet?
Could Hall fetch NJ a Zadina, Boqvist or Q.Hughes?

Reactions: nabob

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
After the Lucic - Neal swap, I don’t think Tre is going to be making any deals with Holland any time soon :laugh:

But I would love for that to happen. I think Bennett will breakout once he’s out of Calgary. Don’t think he ever lives up to that 4th overall hype but I think he can still be a 50-60 point winger.

Bennett and Puljujärvi are very interesting comparables. Both 4th OA. Both very hyped. Both used to provide depth scoring rather than given the keys to the club.

But in terms of player strengths are almost complete opposites.

Puljujarvi has nhl size skating shooting but has no grit/perseverance.

Bennett has below average nhl size skating shooting but a ton of grit/perseverance.

I personally think Kassian has a better chance with his skillset to be a 50 point winger than Bennett and both only accomplish such a feat playing on a top line as the third wheel complimentary piece.

I take Puljujarvi 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over Bennett at this point because Puljujarvi legitimately still have 50 point upside and Bennett really does not without being carried. Plus Bennett is like Pouliot and takes too many bad penalties.

Having said that if we got Bennet he would be our best bottom 6 forward and provides enough drive to be effective in that role. Kinda overpaid for that role tho and I think moving forward hard to sign to a cost effective number.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Dryden Hunt on waivers. You want a real 3rd/4th liner bring him in. He is still young just didn't have chemistry with the Florida 3rd or 4th liners.

We don’t need a forward who any make that Florida team

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I dunno about you guys, but I love the fact we got depth in the AHL to call up and bring down whenever we need it. Seeing Persson go down, seeing how our defence right now is doing very well now, is something to behold. We never had this kind of luxury in the past. Holland was the best thing this team needed, and he will set us up for years of being competitive and meaningful hockey. If we can get 20 years of making the playoffs and having a chance to compete every year, that would make up the crap we had to endure from 2007-2014.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad