Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: I've Got Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Leaf fans think Barrie + Kap or AJ fo Larsson Pulju 2020 3rd cond 2nd 2021 if Barrie signs is fair

crazy good trade to me keep thd 1st to add Hall

The question becomes can we win with rolling out Bear-Barrie and Bouchard long term? IMO Barrie adds an element that the other two don't in terms of his skating and jumping into the play that would supplement our offensive depth and improve the offensive options with our skilled lines. If we could sign Barrie for under $6 million I would probably make that deal and not even care if Jesse breaks out for the Leafs.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
What’s it like in their dressing room? Take any pictures for us?
Yup clearly him wanting to leave was never reported, at all. Actually I think Winnipeg was deadset on making their team worse by all means necessary because that makes sense.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm definitely not as confident in our D depth as you are. One injury and Russell/Benning are playing more and that's not ever a good thing

I just don't want Barrie on the team but if we can move Larsson and Puljujarvi and in the end come out with a 3rdC and a top a winger I would probably go for it . I am less confident in our forwards .

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The question becomes can we win with rolling out Bear-Barrie and Bouchard long term? IMO Barrie adds an element that the other two don't in terms of his skating and jumping into the play that would supplement our offensive depth and improve the offensive options with our skilled lines. If we could sign Barrie for under $6 million I would probably make that deal and not even care if Jesse breaks out for the Leafs.

Barrie will certainly be earning over $6M in his next contract. Shattenkirk reportedly left money on the table to sign with the Rangers a couple years ago at $6.65M, and was inferior to Barrie in pretty much every facet than Barrie is now.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He’s not good.

His upside is Riley Sheahan.
Riley Sheahan didn't make the NHL full time until 23. His first three seasons in the NHL were actually fairly positive for a bottom six center on his ELC years.

It's an odd comparison based on nothing, but Andersson is exactly this--a 21 year old high pedigree center prospect with two years left of waiver exemption. If he becomes a 30-40 point per year NHLer, is that really so bad?

I think if we're moving Puljujarvi for a maligned prospect, we're probably looking at a prospect whose trajectory is heading more towards a third liner than a scorer at this point.

The fact that you can call Andersson a prospect at this point is probably going to hold a lot of value to Ken Holland. Puljujarvi technically isn't one.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wonder if they'll have some interest in Dryden Hunt who is on waivers right now.

e9cbf04b08636df79ae2c1d5a51c64d6.png

Seems like a Tippett type player. Tossed Russell in there for comparison's sake.

24 years old in a week, basically a league minimum contract, 10 points in 31 games last year, has a history of solid AHL production.

Not much offense this year, but as you can see above, he's been top notch defensively.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Riley Sheahan didn't make the NHL full time until 23. His first three seasons in the NHL were actually fairly positive for a bottom six center on his ELC years.

It's an odd comparison based on nothing, but Andersson is exactly this--a 21 year old high pedigree center prospect with two years left of waiver exemption. If he becomes a 30-40 point per year NHLer, is that really so bad?

I think if we're moving Puljujarvi for a maligned prospect, we're probably looking at a prospect whose trajectory is heading more towards a third liner than a scorer at this point.

The fact that you can call Andersson a prospect at this point is probably going to hold a lot of value to Ken Holland. Puljujarvi technically isn't one.

I would rather package Pulju in a trade for an established offensive forward or puck moving defenseman.

Examples: Kreider, Palmieri, Barrie, Vatanen

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Leaf boards are hemorraging right now. Consensus they all want nylander gone. Would way rather have him locked up for years at 7 than hall back end of his injury prone career.

Nylander makes RNH look like Gordie Howe.

He’d be the whipping boy here before he even finished his first game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homesick

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Leaf boards are hemorraging right now. Consensus they all want nylander gone. Would way rather have him locked up for years at 7 than hall back end of his injury prone career.
If they'd take Larsson, Jesse and a minor piece Id take him and run. Yes he has his warts but he has loads of skill. Not too many skilled guys on our team.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I feel like if you got Nylander, you'd have to separate Connor and Drai. I feel like Nylander and Nuge wouldn't go well together. But we've soon Nuge succeed with Connor and I feel like Nylander and Draisaitl could be good

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'm on board with Larsson and JP for Barrie and Kapanen.

I'd try and flip Barrie for someone that's not a UFA at the deadline after a quick pump and dump.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Barrie will certainly be earning over $6M in his next contract. Shattenkirk reportedly left money on the table to sign with the Rangers a couple years ago at $6.65M, and was inferior to Barrie in pretty much every facet than Barrie is now.

Well he'd need to have a solid rest of his season with us before he'd get to that kind of $ based on his play in Toronto. Shattenkirk is a good reminder to teams why you maybe don't toss so much $ at a one dimensional player.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
Who would take this deal?

Larsson + Bouchard + Pulju + Gagner for Hall + Vatanen + NJ 1st this year

I would if you could resign Hall.

Bouchard would be hard to give up but I would make the trade.

Hall>Larsson
NJ 1st = Bouchard
Pulju+Gagner<Vatanen

That 1st could end up as Lafreniere or Byfield.

Also, I am not sure that Bouchard is going to be that good defensively in the NHL. Does not play with enough urgency.

You would pick a forward with NJ 1st in 2020 and pick another RHD with the Oilers pick at the end of the 1st round.

Mc / Drai / Kass
RNH / Hall / Byfield

Nurse / Bear
Klef / Vatanen
Russell / Benning

Jones, Lagesson, Broberg, Samorukov

Imagine your forward depth would still include Benson, McLeod, Lavoie, Yam, etc. and you would still have McDrai for a number of years. RHD depth would be a concern again, but you would have the luxury of time to draft and develop. LHD top to bottom would be the best in the league.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We wouldn't get Hall anyway. We don't need the history. It's just a distraction. And you're right that Nylander has his whole prime ahead of him

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would rather package Pulju in a trade for an established offensive forward or puck moving defenseman.

Examples: Kreider, Palmieri, Barrie, Vatanen
The problem with that is that Puljujarvi doesn't exactly push the dial very far in a package for an established player.

There's uncertainty with Puljujarvi. If we want full value for him, there's uncertainty coming back.

Throwing him in a deal for a rental would just be a waste.

Reactions: oilcountry17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad