Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: I've Got Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To give Persson some more icetime and work on getting better with and without the puck. We can afford to do it and he's waiver-exempt. Jones has been playing decently enough.
They probably also feel more comfortable if Jones is in the #7 role then they would with Persson.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
They probably also feel more comfortable if Jones is in the #7 role then they would with Persson.

Jones can learn in practice with the big club and get into the odd game as a #7. It’ll be good for him. Persson needs ice time to help complete his adjustment to NA ice and game speed.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Jones can learn in practice with the big club and get into the odd game as a #7. It’ll be good for him. Persson needs ice time to help complete his adjustment to NA ice and game speed.
Totally agree. As much as I'd like to see Jones play, he is the best #7 choice at this time.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, of the 2 players, Persson is likely to get more out of the AHL as Jones is probably too good for the league (more or less)

Reactions: guymez

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Sportsnet talking about Nylander for Nurse+Pool.. ..ooooooof

Yeah we are in no situation to deal a top 4 D man. You fill a hole and create one just as big at the same time. Nurse is more valuable then Nylander in my eyes.. no need to add Jesse Puljujärvi.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Sportsnet talking about Nylander for Nurse+Pool.. ..ooooooof

tenor.gif

uVNkqgQ.gif

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Good thing we don’t have the cap space to make that swap. We don’t need a soft winger who wouldn’t even have a spot on the 1st unit PP anyways.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I mean I'm not sure I do that trade right now, but Nylander is just shy of a PPG player this season. Is that underperforming?
Well, 17 points in 22 games to be exact. And for someone making over 7 mill/year on a team that plays offense heavy, then yes, I guess I expect more. Not to mention with a cap hit like that, how do you create room to do it?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Well, 17 points in 22 games to be exact. And for someone making over 7 mill/year on a team that plays offense heavy, then yes, I guess I expect more. Not to mention with a cap hit like that, how do you create room to do it?

Sounds like he's been one of the few laffs playing good hockey. One of the few actually getting shots in the slot on a regular basis. All other lines on the leafs have abandoned the slot.

We definitely have a spot for him in the top 6 :) I think his style would actually compliment Nuge pretty well. But, yeah, taht price tag, it's just too much.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hypothetically..

Hall - 10M x 7 years

vs.

Pageau - 4.75M X 6 years
Kassian - 3M x 3 years
Janmark - 2.5M x 4 years

Which do you take?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hypothetically..

Hall - 10M x 7 years

vs.

Pageau - 4.75M X 6 years
Kassian - 3M x 3 years
Janmark - 2.5M x 4 years

Which do you take?

Not a great hypothetical simply because you have to fill 2 more roster soots if you go with Hall, and that probably takes another 2-4 million at least.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Not a great hypothetical simply because you have to fill 2 more roster soots if you go with Hall, and that probably takes another 2-4 million at least.
That's not really relevant to the question though. Hall will take 10M to sign.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Big no to Nylander on this team. He’s overpaid and soft, makes Eberle look like Tom Wilson.

Also a big no to moving Nuge. We need him for the 2nd line so that McDavid and Draisaitl can play together.

Reactions: TB12 and nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad