Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: I've Got Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
No it isn't. That's a fair deal with the Jets getting a top 4D plus a reclamation project where JP is still young and can play with Laine. If the Jets wants to save their season, they have to make that trade soon and they have to give up quality or they can enjoy watching Sbisa get turned upside down.
This is a pipe dream. Kyle Conner is a high end LW that can drive a line and dictate the pace of the game. Perhaps if the perfect storm happens and one of Morrisey or Pionk goes down ...maybe Larsson and JP for Ehlers they might consider....even then they probably wouldnt do that....they probably would want Nurse ....
LOL...a Kyle Conner on the second line and a Pageau for 3C and a year of development for the D,,,,,we wouldnt be talking playoffs....we be talking top 4....contending...especially if Starrett in Bakersfield could continue his development curve and replace Smith next year....See now thats dreamin.......

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dryden Hunt would be a good waiver claim by someone. Kid’s a gamer.

32 SOG, 29 hits, 4 assists, good fancies, good AHL numbers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Dryden Hunt would be a good waiver claim by someone. Kid’s a gamer.

32 SOG, 29 hits, 4 assists, good fancies, good AHL numbers.
That's Khaira's role. I don't see him going anywhere soon. Hunt is a decent fourth liner though.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
This is a pipe dream. Kyle Conner is a high end LW that can drive a line and dictate the pace of the game. Perhaps if the perfect storm happens and one of Morrisey or Pionk goes down ...maybe Larsson and JP for Ehlers they might consider....even then they probably wouldnt do that....they probably would want Nurse ....
LOL...a Kyle Conner on the second line and a Pageau for 3C and a year of development for the D,,,,,we wouldnt be talking playoffs....we be talking top 4....contending...especially if Starret in Bakersfield could continue his development curve and replace Smith next year....See now thats dreamin.......
It was also a pipe dream for the Devils to get Hall for Larsson when the Oilers were desperate to get a RHD.
Once the Jets start to fall apart, they're going to be making quick fixes to survive just to squeak into the playoffs. Their GM better start exploring options of dumping Ehlers or Connor now for a top 4 D or they can plan their spring vacation early.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It was also a pipe dream for the Devils to get Hall for Larsson when the Oilers were desperate to get a RHD.
Once the Jets start to fall apart, they're going to be making quick fixes to survive just to squeak into the playoffs. Their GM better start exploring options of dumping Ehlers or Connor now for a top 4 D or they can plan their spring vacation early.
Except Winnipeg management have generally proved themselves to be patient and competent, neither of which attribute suits Peter Panic.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
As in Josh Anderson? Their young, big, skilled, right-wing power forward who notched 27 goals last year for a cap dump and an AHL defenceman when they are already loaded on the left side?
Take this to the mains.
Yes, same guy who has 2pts this season and has been a plus player only once this season. Maybe change Chiasson with another bottom 6 player.
Idea is to buy low on guys who have put up big numbers in recent past. Anderson, AA, Barrie and even Hall.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kapanen + a 2nd would be a very nice return for Larsson. That being said, I'm wondering if Bear and Nurse may need a little less TOI at some point this season because Benning, Persson and Russell aren't going to afford us that.
Maybe try and work Barrie into the deal. Say Larsson + Pulju for Kappy + Barrie.

Treat Barrie as a rental and if he will resign for a good price then bring him back so we can ease Bouchard into a bigger role.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Yes, same guy who has 2pts this season and has been a plus player only once this season. Maybe change Chiasson with another bottom 6 player.
Idea is to buy low on guys who have put up big numbers in recent past. Anderson, AA, Barrie and even Hall.

There's a slew of star players who get off to slow starts every season. They don't get flipped for bottom sixers.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Leaf fans think Barrie + Kap or AJ fo Larsson Pulju 2020 3rd cond 2nd 2021 if Barrie signs is fair

crazy good trade to me keep thd 1st to add Hall

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Leaf fans think Barrie + Kap or AJ fo Larsson Pulju 2020 3rd cond 2nd 2021 if Barrie signs is fair

Oilers take that and run. Unfortunately I don’t think Dubas is as overreactive as Leafs fans.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

as soon as you sign Barrie, you lose the ability to add Hall. Unless Barrie suddenly signs for half of what he’s been wanting, it’s just not doable. And when it comes to one or the other, we’ve got Bouchard coming along who can hopefully do what Barrie does. We don’t have anyone that will be able to fill Hall’s role.

that trade might help us this year, but it turns into a very expensive rental of Barrie

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
as soon as you sign Barrie, you lose the ability to add Hall. Unless Barrie suddenly signs for half of what he’s been wanting, it’s just not doable. And when it comes to one or the other, we’ve got Bouchard coming along who can hopefully do what Barrie does. We don’t have anyone that will be able to fill Hall’s role

Noone saying to sign Barrie :ha: Leaf fans just wanted that in

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Except Winnipeg management have generally proved themselves to be patient and competent, neither of which attribute suits Peter Panic.
Yup, they patiently saw Trouba leave them with a crap return when all signs pointed to him leaving as soon as possible years ago when they could have turned a young player with a lot more term left into something better than what they got.

Reactions: Vader611

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
He's got Morgan Reilly now and how's that looking so far? I guess Reilly just plainly suck.
Reilly gets number 1 pp time with Matthews/Tavares/Marner how is that not leaching on Reilly's part? I guess you just don't like using logic when basing your bias opinions.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Take it and then flip Barrie to another team for another forward maybe a 3 C . Also take AJ over Kap .

Draisaitl McD Kass
AJ RNH Neal
Nygard XXX Haas
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Take it and then flip Barrie to another team for another forward maybe a 3 C . Also take AJ over Kap .

Draisaitl McD Kass
AJ RNH Neal
Nygard XXX Haas
Khaira Sheahan Archibald
I'm definitely not as confident in our D depth as you are. One injury and Russell/Benning are playing more and that's not ever a good thing

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Yup, they patiently saw Trouba leave them with a crap return when all signs pointed to him leaving as soon as possible years ago when they could have turned a young player with a lot more term left into something better than what they got.
What’s it like in their dressing room? Take any pictures for us?

Reactions: Bones2079
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad