Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think teams also weren't getting fooled by that 37g 63p season.

He's been a 50 point defensive disaster the other six of the last seven years.

He’s also a 26 year old that’s scores at a 29 goal pace. He’s a younger Eberle who scores more. That return is underwhelming no matter how bad one thinks Skinner is defensively

Reactions: Aerrol

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He’s also a 26 year old that’s scores at a 29 goal pace. He’s a younger Eberle who scores more. That return is underwhelming no matter how bad one thinks Skinner is defensively

Players who drown at even strength just don't have the same kind of value anymore.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Teams are doing each other favors. That can only explain the Skinner trade

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
So let me get this straight: Skinner apparently refused to waive his NTC for a whole bunch of teams earlier in the year, and now he waives it to go to Buffalo?

WTF?
Skinner is from Toronto. Going to Buffalo is like going home without the media hassles. Pagula also has a rep as a free spender so in a contract year this is not a bad place to be.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Teams are doing each other favors. That can only explain the Skinner trade
maybe, because I do think that we cannot look at this like a video game. There are many behind the scenes factors. However, I disagree that this was done for a favour.

The mains have the best explanation, which is that Skinner had a NMC and used it extensively. Maybe there were only a few teams he would go to.

Also, maybe Skinner had to be moved. He might have demanded a trade.

Also, it is August. They might have tried to trade him for a long time, with tough going. Buffalo might have had leverage by saying that they were going to walk away and make a deal for Pacioretty.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
RNH - McDavid - xxxx
Khaira - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Strome - Rieder
Caggiula - Brodziak - Kassian

Your answer: Aberg or Rattie. Both of whom shouldn't have roster spots guaranteed. My question looking at that depth chart: who are our veteran PKers?

Aberg, Yamamoto or Rattie. Who don't have guaranteed jobs, hence there being three of them for one job at RW.

Brodziak, RNH, Strome, Kassian, McDavid and Reider all kill.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would have done Skinner for Strome + Benning and then signed Joe Colborne or something.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s almost like those one dimensional types of players don’t have much value across the league. Who knew?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I said it before in the last thread but:

JP + for Stone, then trade Lucic + Caleb Jones to Arizona for Panik.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Doesn't really make much sense right now since you don't know what kind of extension Stone will command and he can't sign until January anyways. It's not worth trading for Stone unless you've got an extension figured out and by the JP might look like a real good player.

I doubt Arizona takes on Lucic just to get Jones. Next summer after Lucic's 3 million dollar bonus is paid maybe you can find some interest since from then on his salary will be lower than his cap hit.

I think it's rare to find teams looking for a contract like that but it's worth looking especially if Looch has a 3rd straight underwhelming season.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I've thought Skinner was overrated for awhile, looks like the entire league agrees.

I'm happy to have him nowhere near the Oilers. I'd do the Strome plus for Pacioretty but never had any interest in Skinner. If the team wanted Jeff Skinner they should've just kept Jordan Eberle.

I like Eberle but trading Eberle for a player the to trade that player and other assets for Jordan Eberle by another name sounds dumb to me.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Some people are so picky I would have gladly taken Skinner for that cost.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I'd have to say no to trading JP for Stone, but I must admit that the thought of having Stone in our top six is amazing. Funny enough I always preferred Hoffman in Ottawa, but it seemed like Stone was the total package. The issue to me is that JP has realistic potential to be better than Stone in time, and we have so many RFA years with him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So let me get this straight: Skinner apparently refused to waive his NTC for a whole bunch of teams earlier in the year, and now he waives it to go to Buffalo?

WTF?
I wonder if he was holding out for Toronto and settled close to home in Buffalo. Otherwise not a lot makes sense here.

Although now he is close to home and probably gets to play with Eichel. Skinner really hasn't played with anyone that great lately in CAR.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure I would.

It would basically be Maksimov/McLeod, a 2nd, 3rd and 6th for one season of Skinner.

Little pricey for a 50 point -27 player, to me.
I'd make the trade, I just don't know that I'd want to pay him 6mil.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

WTF?

Young up and coming team, just landed a franchise D man, already have a franchise #1C in Eichel (who is in need of a talented winger like Skinner), close to his family in Markham, and they've got a hell of a prospect pool.

What really doesn't make sense now is that ROR trade. It was very bad when it was made and its 100x worse now. Awful awful trade.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I'm not sure I would.

It would basically be Maksimov/McLeod, a 2nd, 3rd and 6th for one season of Skinner.

Little pricey for a 50 point -27 player, to me.

The guy has had how many 30+ goal seasons? While being on a team with f*** all offensive threats outside of Aho and Skinner (and Staal in his first few seasons).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Young up and coming team, just landed a franchise D man, already have a franchise #1C in Eichel (who is in need of a talented winger like Skinner), close to his family in Markham, and they've got a hell of a prospect pool.

What really doesn't make sense now is that ROR trade. It was very bad when it was made and its 100x worse now. Awful awful trade.
ROR wanted out. Really makes a lot of sense. For a vet leader he had some very poor comments about his team.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Stone signs a one-year contract for 7.35. He's a UFA after this season. Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad