Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Adam Larsson for 3-4 years at 3.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Jones was taken in the expansion draft what would people think of looking at Jamie Oleksiak to fill the 2LD spot for next season.

Nurse - Bear
Oleksiak - Larsson
Russell - Bouchard
Lagesson

When Russell expires after next season add Broberg in there and likely pair Larsson Broberg and Bouchard Oleksiak.
I think he stays in Dallas to be honest. There was talk of trading him, but they didn't. He plays too much for them to lose him, so I have to think they take a good run at re-signing him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
No, I don't want him to coach the Oilers. It was a prediction, not a wish.

Sorry I missed the sarcasm nuance you intended! Coaches are as amazing as the talent they can put on the ice or not. Chronic bad franchises cycle through pinning their change on one variable, the coaching change. Edmonton and Buffalo are two most recent examples of bad organizations that have reactive, turnstile blame the coach mentality which doesn't change the bigger picture of poor team construction and mediocre talent. Tippett's brought a calming effect to a disparate collection of individuals which are finally molding into a team, nurturing a strong and confident leadership core which has been an issue forever (homegrown vs. buy and import it), all of the production measures are up for this team and substantively from its starting point of a bottom ten loser. The lone chronic issue is 5x5 scoring which reinforces the lack of depth on this team and primary focus to move this team forward now as a repeat playoff team in two years. Hard lesson losing a coin flip series to a reset Vezina winner, taking away McDavid's track meet attack game, and winning OT games with better quality players like Connors, Ehlers, and Stastny.

There's just no magic bullet as a coaching solution.

EDIT: I think one clear eyed take-away from the exit interviews is Tippett's own where he said he's not interested in an extension (despite the significant improvements made). He's clear eyed on this three year commitment to build a winning culture and prepare it to compete and win in playoff style tight checking games. Tippett's a pretty self-aware guy.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I think he stays in Dallas to be honest. There was talk of trading him, but they didn't. He plays too much for them to lose him, so I have to think they take a good run at re-signing him.
They also only lost out on making the playoffs by having a worse 10 game stretch to end the season than Nashville.

They were very much in the mix and stood pat. I dont think that is a true indicator of whether they are for sure keeping him.

He would be a great fit with us.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
are they maybe making it sound like he is done to leave him unprotected and not worry about Seattle sniffing around?

No idea. I suppose anything is possible. There hasn't been anything really NEW come out though. Going into the surgery it was known that there was a pretty good chance he would have to stop playing. After the surgery was successful, that narrative did not change at all. I don't think anybody, including Klefbom, really knows for sure at this point, and likely won't for a few more months.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Darnell Nurse and Jesse Puljujarvi will both need raises in 2022.

Luckily Koskinen's contract will expire that year. Don't buy him out, we'll need that savings for then.

Those contracts are't an excuse for a lack of big moves this offseason.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Holland mentioned re-signing Devin Shore or did I mis-hear?

Never been a fan due to his horrid 5v5 numbers but he brought energy. On the mishap goal in game 4 from the Bear giveaway, he overcommitted a check that left Scheifele wide open for the goal.

I kept thinking in OT that with his fitness level and overall energy he had left - man if only he had hands, he would have ended OT.

He mentioned how guys like Shore have been looking for stability. Personally I really like Shore. He is a solid option for a 4th line role IMO. As long as the aav is reasonable I'd give him a 2 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad