Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Adam Larsson for 3-4 years at 3.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Holland should sign Nurse to 8 mill by 8 this summer, because if nurse males another leap next year lile he did this year that number might approach double digits next year on a per year salary

I wonder if his offense is more "Morgan Rielly" than it is sustainable.

I compare him to Rielly because Rielly averaged about 3% shooting at 5v5 before skyrocketing to 8.62% at 5v5 in 2018-19, scoring 20 goals. Since then, he's gone back to 2% and 4% in the two seasons since, which is about what his average was.

In Nurse's case, his 5v5 shooting % average is about 5%. This year, he shot 9.3% (and over 10% overall!). That's a 24 goal pace, very very rare for a D-man. If he goes back to average, he'll be more around 8-10 goals next season. I don't think his shot is amazing enough to keep up 10% shooting - in fact, he scored a few muffins against Ottawa and one of his goals Weber scored on himself. His minutes can't be any higher already. His plus/minus was a career high +27, that's also going to be hard to top again.

I feel like his UFA price can't really go any higher than it is now, but it can maybe get a bit lower especially if he gets help around him like Klefbom.

What COULD skew his numbers to stay high is if Barrie goes and they don't give Bouchard the top unit PP duties. If Nurse gets them, he could become the second assist bandit Barrie was.

The other worry of course is timing, the closer you get to UFA, the closer you get hungry for the market. But if you're confident Nurse isn't leaving, it may be smart to wait it out.

I would want Nurse to be around Rielly's territory, but I do expect Nurse to be a bit higher as he is better defensively.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Well he is behind Karlsson and Burns, because he's very good defensive defenseman, with a ton of experience. He improves the team's ability to defend and would help alot with the young defenseman coming in.
Vlasic is a left shot defenseman. He was behind Ferraro and Knyzhov in terms of EV usage. It's safe to say he's lost a few steps.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What depth has Tippett had to work with? What space did Holland have to get us that depth? Does Holland not get the most out of majority of his players?

I’ve stated this many times but here we go. Tippett has gotten the team to 2nd in the division the two years he’s been here. That’s great. But he’s made massive mistakes in the playoffs that have led to two failures of a post season such as mind boggling roster decisions (weird lines that change constantly, sitting good players too long), not taking time outs and just generally not reacting much to situations happening in the game (essentially being out coached).

Reactions: CanadianSniper

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Holland should sign Nurse to 8 mill by 8 this summer, because if nurse males another leap next year lile he did this year that number might approach double digits next year on a per year salary
I don't think he can till January or something? Or is that only if you so an extension with 2 years left.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nuges presser had an interesting tidbit. Said he loves being an Oiler, was always his plan to stay an Oiler, and was proud of being an Oiler. Need to find a way to keep him, just need to find the right price. UFA options on the market, won’t have the same loilty.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He's poster boy for organization's not taking a knee jerk reaction to its coaching function. Credit GM Chevy for not panicking at many points throughout up and downs of the Jets where many (most) franchises opt to go short sided quick fix by canning a coach. Stability, continuity ... the exact opposite of the Oilers organization the past decade and a half.
They also haven’t won anything and I think some of the players there are tired of him. Stability and continuity taken too far leads to passivity and loss of passion.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Will Seattle entering the UFA market and spending tens of millions of dollars single handedly jack up the prices this year? Did Vegas create a UFA contract price spike when they entered? Is this a bad year for Edmonton to have/try to spend UFA dollars in terms of long-term contract values?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They also haven’t won anything and I think some of the players there are tired of him. Stability and continuity taken too far leads to passivity and loss of passion.

But you want him to coach the Oilers? He hasn't won anything (like the guy you want to fire)!

I didn't see either passivity or loss of passion by that team against the Oilers. They hit a skid came out of it walloping the Leafs to end the season and then gritted a 4 and out sweep. He's enjoyed long tenures everywhere except the often panicky Leafs market. I'm a big fan of Paul Maurice as a coach. But sorry to tell you Tippett's not going anywhere. Inheriting a loser team, the Oiler have improved to be a playoff team each year Tippett's coached them. The Oiler way before was to go spin cycle with rotating coaches, instability and systemic losing.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Funny how the Leafs media will take one frown face from McDavid and turn it into a huge narrative of him leaving. But him out right saying he wants to stay, and see it through, build something with the guys on this team etc etc won’t get one mention.
Yesterday TSN showed Draisaitl/McDavid saying they want to win in Edmonton and then immediately had 400 pound Jeff O'Neill come on to predict one of them would request a trade in two years.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yesterday TSN showed Draisaitl/McDavid saying they want to win in Edmonton and then immediately had 400 pound Jeff O'Neill come on to predict one of them would request a trade in two years.

Someone should tell him to stop worrying about the Oilers and start worrying about when he’s going to have to visit this guy:

tenor.gif

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Looking at the Oilers, and imagining them keeping their RHD as Bouchard, Bear and Larsson.

Crazy thought, maybe getting a another quality LHD to help out. Looking at SJ again, M-E Vlasic. I know he's 34, I know he's got a bunch of years left at $7M. He's a high defensive defenseman and would really sure up this young group, imo.

Plus the cost to acquire might not be as high because of age and contract.

You sound like an Oiler pro scout who saw him play in the 2014 Olympics. Guys over the hill

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Penguins are in a pretty damn tight cap situation next season. I wonder if a guy like Zucker or Guentzel could be shaken loose. Burke and Hextall might be looking to shake it up after a disappointing performance.

Reactions: McOilers97

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Penguins are in a pretty damn tight cap situation next season. I wonder if a guy like Zucker or Guentzel could be shaken loose. Burke and Hextall might be looking to shake it up after a disappointing performance.

Burke loves “truculence” - maybe we could offload Kassian on them :naughty:.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Pretty sure Zucker was adamant that he wanted to stay in the U.S.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Looking at the Oilers, and imagining them keeping their RHD as Bouchard, Bear and Larsson.

Crazy thought, maybe getting a another quality LHD to help out. Looking at SJ again, M-E Vlasic. I know he's 34, I know he's got a bunch of years left at $7M. He's a high defensive defenseman and would really sure up this young group, imo.

Plus the cost to acquire might not be as high because of age and contract.
Vlasic has fallen off a cliff.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd love to see Crosby at some point come here and play with McDavid. He's done just about everything in Pittsburgh. Come on up to Canada and see if you can win one more. And then you can go back and retire a Penguin.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'd love to see Crosby at some point come here and play with McDavid. He's done just about everything in Pittsburgh. Come on up to Canada and see if you can win one more. And then you can go back and retire a Penguin.
If Crosby were to ever leave Pittsburgh (not happening in the first place), he would go to a contender - the Avs - that already have his buddy Mackinnon leading the charge.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Crosby were to ever leave Pittsburgh (not happening in the first place), he would go to a contender - the Avs - that already have his buddy Mackinnon leading the charge.

Possibly, though the Oilers are a contender with Crosby.

And maybe the "bringing a Cup to Canada" has a certain appeal to him.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Crosby would be amazing, but he’s retiring a Penguin.

I want some veteran that’s won a cup before, even if they’re a bit over the hill. McDavid is a good captain but he hasn’t really had a real leader to lean on or to mentor him early on. I bet he could use a Getzlaf, Staal, someone like that in the playoffs.

He’ll figure it out eventually on his own but having a teammate that’s been in your shoes before has to be huge. Crosby was surrounded by vets like Recchi, Guerin, Roberts, Lemieux, etc. He had a bratty side to him and I bet those mentors helped him become the great leader he is now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Crosby would be amazing, but he’s retiring a Penguin.

I want some veteran that’s won a cup before, even if they’re a bit over the hill. McDavid is a good captain but he hasn’t really had a real leader to lean on or to mentor him early on. I bet he could use a Getzlaf, Staal, someone like that in the playoffs.

I'd love to add Getzlaf if his contract was a reasonable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad