Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wonder if the plan is to let Brossoit walk after this season and bring Comrie up as backup.

Reactions: jgimp

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
WE could put Hayes on our 4th line but he will likely cost to much for that. Would make us pretty deep though. Brassard is available and may be a cheap option but he struggled in a bottom 6 role with Pittsburgh so not sure he is a good option.

One guy that could come cheap is Luke Glendenning. Solid defensive minded center, built for a bottom 6 role. I also think going after Edler if the price is right would be nice but with the emergence of Niku I don't think we need that anymore.

Laine - Scheif - Wheels
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Perreault - Glendenning - Roslovic
Appleton, Lemieux, Petan

Mojo - Trouba
Niku - Buff
Kuli - Myers
Chiarot, Morrow

We have some solid depth in case of injuries there and guys that can go all over the lineup. Roll with this into the playoffs and hope we get some solid momentum heading in.
Really, after last night's game I'd pull Roslovic out before Apple as Apple at least Pk'd well. What would the price be for Glendenning as I don't think a 4th liner should cost a 1st.

Reactions: jgimp

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I foresee Maurice reuniting TLC and hoping for their dominance in the PO's

Haven't like Roslovic at C historically frankly I think not enough people are talking about his very underwhelming season

If the price is a 2nd or cheaper I'd get Hayes so we can roll 3 scoring lines with Scheifele/Hayes/Little down the middle and the TLC as the primary shut down line

I wouldn't mind Hayes either but the price is pretty high. You're a Wings fan, what say you of Glendenning?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really, after last night's game I'd pull Roslovic out before Apple as Apple at least Pk'd well. What would the price be for Glendenning as I don't think a 4th liner should cost a 1st.

No he won't cost anywhere near that. Mid round pick at best maybe. I'd offer a 5th.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wouldn't mind Hayes either but the price is pretty high. You're a Wings fan, what say you of Glendenning?
Kind of redundant with Lowry. I'd like to see someone more offensively gifted

Holland won't let Glenny go for cheap either.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I wonder if the plan is to let Brossoit walk after this season and bring Comrie up as backup.
he's an RFA, no? Not sure they'd just let him walk. They'll trade one of Comrie/Brossoit after considering potential contract to retain and return in trade.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kind of redundant with Lowry. I'd like to see someone more offensively gifted

Hayes is the better option for sure. If they would settle for a 2nd I'd do it but they likely won't. He's not worth a 1st IMO.

Laine - Scheif - Wheels
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Perreault - Hayes - Rosie

Could be really solid. Lowry's line would get more ice time then Hayes but that is a 4th line you can throw at any 4th line and drive play.

Reactions: DRW204

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
he's an RFA, no? Not sure they'd just let him walk. They'll trade one of Comrie/Brossoit after considering potential contract to retain and return in trade.

Yeah I guess it comes down to who they think has more potential. Brossoit is more polished so far but I think Comrie might have a bit more potential to unlock there.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think Sens are waiting for last possible second to see if anyone flinches first. Apparently their ask for Stone is ridiculously high but in the end they will likely come down if no one flinches.

Larry Brooks is saying the Preds won't deal Tolvanen for a rental. I can't see him thinking any of the Rangers rentals are worth Tolvanen, so I'd bet that was pointedly referring to any kind of Stone deal between the Preds and Sens.
Makes me think the Preds have probably started looking away from the Sens if they were adamant about Tolvanen.

So that leaves the Jets, Flames, Golden Knights, and Bruins? I'm a little skeptical of the Bruins interest after getting Coyle, and it sounds like the Flames are looking long and hard at Zuccarello and Simmonds.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Hayes is the better option for sure. If they would settle for a 2nd I'd do it but they likely won't. He's not worth a 1st IMO.

Laine - Scheif - Wheels
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Perreault - Hayes - Rosie

Could be really solid. Lowry's line would get more ice time then Hayes but that is a 4th line you can throw at any 4th line and drive play.
id probably put Lemieux or Appleton ahead of Rosie. But yes you can roll 3 scoring lines that can score/drive play and then TLC is the shut down/defensive line. Hayes is having a good year defensively too

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Larry Brooks is saying the Preds won't deal Tolvanen for a rental. I can't see him thinking any of the Rangers rentals are worth Tolvanen, so I'd bet that was pointedly referring to any kind of Stone deal between the Preds and Sens.
Makes me think the Preds have probably started looking away from the Sens if they were adamant about Tolvanen.

So that leaves the Jets, Flames, Golden Knights, and Bruins? I'm a little skeptical of the Bruins interest after getting Coyle, and it sounds like the Flames are looking long and hard at Zuccarello and Simmonds.

There is a rumour we are looking at Simmonds to but we really have zero need for another winger. Duchene should have been the guy we went after and judging by the price he went relatively cheaper then I thought he would. If the ask on Stone is Roslovic I say no way. Just to much risk there if he walks in FA and there is no way he signs an extension with us without testing the market. If we can get away with the 1st, Stanley, Petan kind of offer I'd do it. But Stone is a luxury we really don't need.

Reactions: GNP and None

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg

Seems like the Flames are making a big push for Stone.

Going to be interesting. Not interested in getting in a pissing match with teams and burning assets if it comes down to it, personally.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
id probably put Lemieux or Appleton ahead of Rosie. But yes you can roll 3 scoring lines that can score/drive play and then TLC is the shut down/defensive line. Hayes is having a good year defensively too

Yeah having that extra PKer is nice. Rosie is much better on the wing then he is at center so far though so he likely gets going again when he has less defensive responsibility. With Hayes speed he can really shine. If I'm taking anyone out lately it's Perreault. He has been bad for awhile now.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

Seems like the Flames are making a big push for Stone.

Going to be interesting. Not interested in getting in a pissing match with teams and burning assets if it comes down to it, personally.

Well his brother is still in the organization, maybe they feel that helps with re-signing him

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah having that extra PKer is nice. Rosie is much better on the wing then he is at center so far though so he likely gets going again when he has less defensive responsibility. With Hayes speed he can really shine. If I'm taking anyone out lately it's Perreault. He has been bad for awhile now.
He wasn't that good next to little and Laine. I think he had 2 assists in the time ehlers was out 5v5. Idk haven't been impressed with roslovic this year

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
WE could put Hayes on our 4th line but he will likely cost to much for that. Would make us pretty deep though. Brassard is available and may be a cheap option but he struggled in a bottom 6 role with Pittsburgh so not sure he is a good option.

One guy that could come cheap is Luke Glendenning. Solid defensive minded center, built for a bottom 6 role. I also think going after Edler if the price is right would be nice but with the emergence of Niku I don't think we need that anymore.

Laine - Scheif - Wheels
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Perreault - Glendenning - Roslovic
Appleton, Lemieux, Petan

Mojo - Trouba
Niku - Buff
Kuli - Myers
Chiarot, Morrow

We have some solid depth in case of injuries there and guys that can go all over the lineup. Roll with this into the playoffs and hope we get some solid momentum heading in.

Call me crazy, but I dont think there is any way Niku plays over Chiarot if Buff is healthy. Unless the kid sets the world on fire the next few weeks. Even then, I think he would be on a short leash.

Doesnt mean I dont like him, but it would be a stretch for Maurice to not want to play Buff and Ben together when they've been solid as a pair all year.

Chiarot without Buff is a disaster, but with him, he compliments him pretty well.

Niku (to me) is filling Buff's role for now, and will be Myers replacement for next year.

We need Buff for the playoffs or we are in huge trouble.

Reactions: Keystone

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We'll be taking Brassard, guys. He was a target last year, he's still a target this year, and likely wouldn't cost our coveted 1st rounder. Hayes is my 2nd guess, Stone is down the list at this point. Let somebody else pay the big price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad