Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Once again, the thread is moving really quickly - 5 days to hit 1700+ posts. I wonder if there's a particular event coming up that's triggering this activity. :D

Continue on, but please: don't post fake tweets if you can avoid it - it's a pain in the ass to clean-up the fallout afterwards. We're already dealing with a ton of this on the Trade Forum, and I don't have time to figure out if you're posting it as a "haha". It'll just get deleted.

Oh, and regarding Eklund: the reason we have a tag for his stuff on the Trade Forum is so that you can avoid those threads. He's almost worse than the fake twitter accounts, TBH.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Saw a fake James Duthie account this morning saying the Canucks acquired Stone. My heart dropped for a second till I realized it was fake.

Reactions: Derfel

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I just wanted to post this in regards to Stone's supposed ask for a bonus laden contract in his stalled negotiations with Ottawa and in the event the Jets were looking at signing him here in the event of a trade as per some reports.

I was looking at it along the lines of all the Jets upcoming RFA/UFA players/players wanting the same bonus laden lockout proof contracts prior to the CBA expiration. Can't imagine JT, Laine, KC etc... wouldn't be after one. The fact team captain Andrew Ladd couldn't get one and hypothetically now Stone could, might really set some precedent. If TNSE had to lay out even $20+ million in bonuses to several players for a 35 game lockout that would not be very good for them in this small market. It certainly isn't the end of the world and TNSE will chug right along but they are going to feel it in the pocket and in future negotiations this summer. Wheels got a signing bonus in one year of his deal but not the season of a possible lockout and only 40% of his salary for the season.

I would expect all the guys in the room would be OK with it and their agents will be :DD.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They've given some relief on strike/lockout-possible years already.

Trade our 1st in 2019, 2nd in 2019, Suess and Stanley for Stone and 3rdin 2019.
Trade Comrie (has to clear waivers next year), our 2nd in 2020 and Petan for Eric Staal.
Our playoff lineup...

Laine-Scheif -Stone
MP- Staal- Wheeler
KC-Little- Ehlers
Copper -Lowry -Tanev/Roslo

JMo Trouba
Chiarot/Niku Buff
Kuli Myers

Helle Brossoit

I love Copper on the third line...even if he drove the 4th line.

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Trade Comrie (has to clear waivers next year), our 2nd in 2020 and Petan for Eric Staal.
Our playoff lineup...

KC -Scheif -Stone
MP- Staal- Wheeler
Vaseline-Little- Ehlers
Copper -Lowry -Tanev

JMo Trouba
Chiarot/Niku Buff
Kuli Myers

Helle Brossoit

I love Copper on the third line...even if he drove the 4th line. Vaseline and KC could be swapped.
Laine in the press box?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Our playoff lineup...

KC -Scheif -Stone
MP- Staal- Wheeler
Vaseline-Little- Ehlers
Copper -Lowry -Tanev

JMo Trouba
Chiarot/Niku Buff
Kuli Myers

Helle Brossoit

I love Copper on the third line...even if he drove the 4th line. Vaseline and KC could be swapped.
VESA is not playing for jets this year. That would mess with Eli and mean they have to protect him from Seattle.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Our playoff lineup...

KC -Scheif -Stone
MP- Staal- Wheeler
Vaseline-Little- Ehlers
Copper -Lowry -Tanev

JMo Trouba
Chiarot/Niku Buff
Kuli Myers

Helle Brossoit

For this playoff run Laine replaces Vesalainen and can be switched with KC.

Not sure how our captain would feel about this lineup.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder which teams are even in on Stone at this point, itt's been pretty quiet since Wednesday/Thursday when he was making his decision on the "creative" contract offer.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
upload_2019-2-23_10-33-57-png.190441

Just want to push my Kreider agenda into a new thread!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What 4th line centres are available? What would the cost be?

WE could put Hayes on our 4th line but he will likely cost to much for that. Would make us pretty deep though. Brassard is available and may be a cheap option but he struggled in a bottom 6 role with Pittsburgh so not sure he is a good option.

One guy that could come cheap is Luke Glendenning. Solid defensive minded center, built for a bottom 6 role. I also think going after Edler if the price is right would be nice but with the emergence of Niku I don't think we need that anymore.

Laine - Scheif - Wheels
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Perreault - Glendenning - Roslovic
Appleton, Lemieux, Petan

Mojo - Trouba
Niku - Buff
Kuli - Myers
Chiarot, Morrow

We have some solid depth in case of injuries there and guys that can go all over the lineup. Roll with this into the playoffs and hope we get some solid momentum heading in.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wonder which teams are even in on Stone at this point, itt's been pretty quiet since Wednesday/Thursday when he was making his decision on the "creative" contract offer.

I think Sens are waiting for last possible second to see if anyone flinches first. Apparently their ask for Stone is ridiculously high but in the end they will likely come down if no one flinches.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I foresee Maurice reuniting TLC and hoping for their dominance in the PO's

Haven't like Roslovic at C historically frankly I think not enough people are talking about his very underwhelming season

If the price is a 2nd or cheaper I'd get Hayes so we can roll 3 scoring lines with Scheifele/Hayes/Little down the middle and the TLC as the primary shut down line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad