Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree someone big is going in the offseason if this was to happen. Maybe packaged with Trouba to get a franchise Dman and recoup some picks.

We have to keep in mind that someone big might need to be moved anyway in order to plug the hole(s) on D. Getting Stone would just cement that need.

mulli

Jan 11, 2019
To reiterate:

Step 1: Acquire Stone as a rental (for late 1st, Lemieux, B prospect).
Step 2: Re-sign Stone long-term.
Step 3: Trade Connor for a good, cost-controlled top-4 D (Pesce / Manson).
Step 4: Trade Trouba for a mid 1st and a top-grade forward prospect.

2020 and beyond:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Little-Stone
Vesalainen-Copp-Roslovic
Tanev-Lowry-Appleton

Morrissey-Pesce / Manson
Niku-Buff
Samberg-Poolman

If Trouba can be re-signed, then trade Connor for a mid-1st and top grade prospect and keep Morrissey-Trouba together on D.

Don't get me wrong, I love Connor. But I think that Stone brings more than Connor to the Jets in terms of driving the play and defensively, and allows the Jets to fill other holes, either on RD or in replenishing the prospect pool with top-end talent.

my god that is a scary 2nd line and the best thing about it is that it is a real possibility!!! most trade post are unrealistic but i truly believe you have nailed it . Would you keep Connor over Laine if the return is a true #1 D ?? the thing i wounder is there cap space to keep Tanev . i hope so i thought the Jets were insane when he made the line up and now is one of my favorite players .

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I take that as we are pretty deep in talks at this point. I mean why would Dorion, his assistant GM, his director of scouting and multiple Ottawa scouts be in Winnipeg for 4 nights to watch 2 Jets games and 2 Moose games if nothing was happening?

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

None

Feb 22, 2012
Gonna go out on a limb and predict Petan won't be involved in a trade to Ottawa, but will be traded.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I take that as we are pretty deep in talks at this point. I mean why would Dorion, his assistant GM, his director of scouting and multiple Ottawa scouts be in Winnipeg for 4 nights to watch 2 Jets games and 2 Moose games if nothing was happening?
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that Stone told Dorion he'd sign long-term in WPG if traded there. Dorion can take that to Chevy, and get a better price than any other team as they would only be getting a rental.

Explains why they are scouting us so hard, and goes with what I've been hearing around town.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that Stone told Dorion he'd sign long-term in WPG if traded there. Dorion can take that to Chevy, and get a better price than any other team as they would only be getting a rental.

Explains why they are scouting us so hard, and goes with what I've been hearing around town.

I'm still hearing a lot of chatter that we are going after both. I just hope whatever happens that Chevy bends Dorion over. :laugh:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The Sens should scratch all 3 of Duchene, Stone & Dzingel for tomorrow's game and send WPG in a frenzy :sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: Oseductive

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. Something is most definitely in the works. It will be interesting to see how close some of the speculation has been.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd say #3. The Tracksuit Trade (this is the name it's going by on the wiki) and the Stastny Trade were both blockbusters.

I didn't really consider the Stastny trade a blockbuster, seeing as how it was a pretty common rental deal. It was, however, an extremely exciting rental deal at the deadline, because it was a complete surprise.

Either way, this could get exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad