Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Reading the tea leaves and projecting a bit...

Oilers bring back Pulju from Karpat

Bjork for Chiasson

OEL for Neal + 14OA + Russell + Samorukov

Nurse for Ehlers

AA for 2020 2nd

Re-sign Ennis and sign Greiss as UFA

Ehlers - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamomoto
Bjork - McLeod - Kassian
Ennis - Haas - Archibald

OEL - Larsson
Klefbom - Bear
Jones - Benning

Koskinen
Greiss

From my perspective:

CURRENT CAP SPACE $11,256,182

Must sign Bear ($3.5 Million two year bridge contract)
Qualify AA or take in similar contract ($3.3 Million)
Qualify Benning ($2.2 Million)
Sign Ennis ($1 Million)
Leaving $1 Million in cap space for a UFA goaltender or goalie in trade.

14 OA traded down to get a late 1st (28th), a 2020 2nd and a 3rd next year

Nurse to Boston for DeBrusk RFA (Signed at $3.5 Million 2 year bridge) and a 2nd round pick (Gain $2 Million in cap) replaces Krug

Larsson to Winnipeg for a 2nd round pick (Gain $4.1 Million in cap)

Neal + two 2nd round picks acquired in previous trades to to Seattle in hand hake expansion draft deal. (Gain $5.75 Million in cap)

Russell and Puljujarvi to Ottawa for a 6th (via SJS). (Save $4 Million in cap)

AA to Ottawa for Chris Tierney ($$$ neutral dollars)

Kassian to Toronto (rumored to be interested already) for a 4th round pick

2nd round pick + 4th round pick (TOR) to Vegas for MAF with 50% retention (Not sure how badly they want MAF gone)

Sign Peitrangelo 7 X 8.75 Million

Sign Hall 7 X 8.5 Million

Hall - McDavid - DeBrusk
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto
Ennis- Tierney - Chiasson
Khaira - Haas - Benson/Nygard

Klefbom - Peitrangelo
Jones - Bear
Lagesson/Broberg - Benning/Bouchard

Kosk/MAF

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I'd have time for Koivu on the Oilers. Plus he dislikes Giordano, who (surprise, surprise) wrecked Koivu's knee with a dirty hit.
The captainnest captainly captain in the whole wide world with a heart of gold and the bestest on and off the ice did that??
6285c062ae503598afbf0290791cdd78.jpeg

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
From my perspective:

CURRENT CAP SPACE $11,256,182

Must sign Bear ($3.5 Million two year bridge contract)
Qualify AA or take in similar contract ($3.3 Million)
Qualify Benning ($2.2 Million)
Sign Ennis ($1 Million)
Leaving $1 Million in cap space for a UFA goaltender or goalie in trade.

14 OA traded down to get a late 1st (28th), a 2020 2nd and a 3rd next year

Nurse to Boston for DeBrusk RFA (Signed at $3.5 Million 2 year bridge) and a 2nd round pick (Gain $2 Million in cap) replaces Krug

Larsson to Winnipeg for a 2nd round pick (Gain $4.1 Million in cap)

Neal + two 2nd round picks acquired in previous trades to to Seattle in hand hake expansion draft deal. (Gain $5.75 Million in cap)

Russell and Puljujarvi to Ottawa for a 6th (via SJS). (Save $4 Million in cap)

AA to Ottawa for Chris Tierney ($$$ neutral dollars)

Kassian to Toronto (rumored to be interested already) for a 4th round pick

2nd round pick + 4th round pick (TOR) to Vegas for MAF with 50% retention (Not sure how badly they want MAF gone)

Sign Peitrangelo 7 X 8.75 Million

Sign Hall 7 X 8.5 Million

Hall - McDavid - DeBrusk
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto
Ennis- Tierney - Chiasson
Khaira - Haas - Benson/Nygard

Klefbom - Peitrangelo
Jones - Bear
Lagesson/Broberg - Benning/Bouchard

Kosk/MAF
That's a crazy amount of moves and nabbing the top 2 UFA's is fantasy stuff.

So I'll just talk about the contracts Bear should not cost that much on a bridge, that's completely above the curve for a bridge contract on a D with so little experience, Morrisey got a 2 year bridge at $3.15M and Nurse got a 2 year bridge at $3.2M and both were more proven players with a stronger claim to a decent bridge contract.

With your qualifying offers you appear to be applying a 10% inflator, that only applies if a player is making $660K or less, once the base salary of the last year of their deal hits $1M or greater no inflation is applied at all, that rule has been changed for quite some time.

Reactions: TFHockey

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I kinda overlooked that Staal deal. He had a better year statistically than I thought. Too bad we couldnt pick him up as a 3C or someone like him.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Trading for a goalie a year out from Seattle expansion is a bad idea imo. If that guy doesn’t outperform Koskinen next year it turns into a big issue of who to protect. Likely throwing away assets for nothing.

Plus after seeing Bobrovsky struggle with the Panthers this year I’d be super leery of Jackets goalies outside of that system.

you can't worry about that.

If you go after a legit starter, making more, and he performs you protect.
If Koski is better, you are happy and hoping to cut bait.
If he's cheaper than Koski and better, the decision is obvious
If he's cheaper thank Koski and worse... well, he must be pretty unproven you probably didn't spend much in assets to get him

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I'd have time for Koivu on the Oilers. Plus he dislikes Giordano, who (surprise, surprise) wrecked Koivu's knee with a dirty hit.

He's a class act too. Would be great to gain that leadership. Great for Pulju too, would make the third line with a countryman an agreeable foundation for him to build on.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
5on5 or evenstrength im guessing, notice how they all have 45ish minutes a game.

That would be my guess.

Interesting. So now we're doing EV data for goalies too? Like coming up big on the PK or on the shorthanded breakaway isn't 30% of the job on a given night?

I'm just kidding... every goalie knows its ok to deliberately let those shortie breakaways in (depending on who coughed it up) just to teach a lesson ;)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interesting. So now we're doing EV data for goalies too? Like coming up big on the PK or on the shorthanded breakaway isn't 30% of the job on a given night?

I'm just kidding... every goalie knows its ok to deliberately let those shortie breakaways in (depending on who coughed it up) just to teach a lesson ;)
Realistically their SV% while a man up would always be shit. They're generally facing breakaways and odd man rushes.

5v5 goalie stats probably give you a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Drai would hate you as a goalie. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad