Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
We'd need to dump Russell in that Arizona deal, plus not re-sign AA. I took a stab at it below.

View attachment 368741
You could shave off some money from a couple contracts to allow for another extra forward and an extra D. But the issue I see with all these moves in one offseason is that it will immediately cause issues with the expansion draft. Even if you get Nuge to sign after the draft, you’ll lose one of Puljujärvi/Bjork, or Jones. The top 6 winger may have to wait a year if we’re not fine with losing one of those players.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Apparently Hornqvist’s contract is uninsured, and he’s injury prone.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I wonder if Strome can be had from CHI. McDavid's best buddy could be a useful piece for us.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
:facepalm:

Wonder if he'll even be able to play in January (I know it says 4-6 weeks but this could now be an ongoing issue and his 'hands' didn't seem amazing to begin with). Chiasson for a bottom 6 LW pronto, please.
No better time than now to replace his hands with bionic ones infused with the blood of Pavel Datsyuk.

Reactions: Aerchon

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Quite the move the Panthers and Pens just made.

I dont really watch the Panthers enough to know if this is a good trade or not. I dunno though, when I think of Hornqvist, the guy is such a pain in the ass to play against, I feel like the Penguins just lost part of their soul.

Reactions: Aerchon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently Hornqvist’s contract is uninsured, and he’s injury prone.
The one article I read said Zito went through this with CBJ(Horton) and that's probably why he's gun shy. Especially if you have an internal budget salary wise.

With that being said there could be rich teams looking for LTIR candidates.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The one article I read said Zito went through this with CBJ(Horton) and that's probably why he's gun shy. Especially if you have an internal budget salary wise.

With that being said there could be rich teams looking for LTIR candidates.
Yup, I said before that the Oilers should be looking to “artificially” create cap space by trading for permanent LTIR players...

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
You could shave off some money from a couple contracts to allow for another extra forward and an extra D. But the issue I see with all these moves in one offseason is that it will immediately cause issues with the expansion draft. Even if you get Nuge to sign after the draft, you’ll lose one of Puljujärvi/Bjork, or Jones. The top 6 winger may have to wait a year if we’re not fine with losing one of those players.
Fair enough. I signed Bear to a 4mx8 year deal and assumed Pulju would get 1.5 mil. Kept Benning's cap hit the same. We could probably shave off even more if we found a taker for Khaira (unlikely though).

In terms of the expansion draft, I'd protect

McDavid
Draisaitl
Ehlers
Puljujarvi
OEL
Bear
Klefbom
Jones

and re-sign Nuge/Larsson as UFAs.

I'd be fine with losing Bjork at that point, I think.

Edit: Forgot about Yamo - yea there would probably be a problem at that point.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Fair enough. I signed Bear to a 4mx8 year deal and assumed Pulju would get 1.5 mil. Kept Benning's cap hit the same. We could probably shave off even more if we found a taker for Khaira (unlikely though).

In terms of the expansion draft, I'd protect

McDavid
Draisaitl
Ehlers
Puljujarvi
OEL
Bear
Klefbom
Jones

and re-sign Nuge/Larsson as UFAs.

I'd be fine with losing Bjork at that point, I think.

Edit: Forgot about Yamo - yea there would probably be a problem at that point.
Stauffer thanks Pully will come in between 1-1.25. And I think you have to bridge Bear.

The only way you can avoid losing any of the bigger pieces would be moving one of Klef/Nurse for a first plus prospect. Otherwise we’d be losing one of Pully or Jones for nothing. Or pay a first to get Seattle to take Neal.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad