Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
you beat me to it.
Brock has a NTC - doubt he waives.

Brock rode LW on Eichel’s line for team USA years ago

You were a bit more generous then I was, even if we consider Beau and Brock even. But yeah even if they asked for Beau instead of Brock I would have to seriously think about the 3 assets I gave up(or I might even do Dobson or Wally, but not both)

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
You were a bit more generous then I was, even if we consider Beau and Brock even. But yeah even if they asked for Beau instead of Brock I would have to seriously think about the 3 assets I gave up(or I might even do Dobson or Wally, but not both)

They need Dobson more than Wally if they get Eichel. Their defense is already thin for this year coming up.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A Blues fan on the main board had a great perspective /thought on a Tank trade based on what other teams are currently proposing.

"I don't see any reason at this point to force a bad deal to satisfy the player's demand. At this point, if you keep the player and don't move him, I only see three possible outcomes.

1. He holds out, gets suspended without pay, and the league allows the team to remove his cap hit. That opens up the space to bring in another player.

2. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder and plays well enough at the beginning of the season to generate interest in reasonable offers as teams around the league see him as being back to a level that interests them and creates a competition for his services.

3. He shows up to camp with a chip on his shoulder but struggles because he can no longer do the things he used to do after three surgeries on the same shoulder, and realizes that he either needs to shut up and give the team whatever he is capable of or decide he's had enough and LTIRetire, again opening up cap space for the team to bring in another player.

I see absolutely no reason for GMDA to trade him for whatever he can get before camp, especially if it means retaining a significant amount of salary and/or being burdened with a bad contract."
And that's fine. If was a Blues fan I'd probably feel the same way.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Bingo.

He can become a distraction or a locker room problem if he's left to fester. Maybe he's not the 30 goal scorer he once was, but he can still score 15 a year...that's a problem for St. Louis because they'll be carrying that cap hit and teams will want him less.
15 goals? Come on. Tarasenko was a 35-40 goal scorer. The doctors says he is healthy. Even if he’s at 80% he’s a 25-30 goal scorer. The only way he scores 15 goals or less is if he plays less than 50 games.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
For fun:

upload_2021-7-23_12-32-40.png
upload_2021-7-23_12-31-36.png

Reactions: Tres Peleches

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bingo.

He can become a distraction or a locker room problem if he's left to fester. Maybe he's not the 30 goal scorer he once was, but he can still score 15 a year...that's a problem for St. Louis because they'll be carrying that cap hit and teams will want him less.
Or he can take the Rattlesnake route. Make up with management, ask to stay in St Louis, then walk anyway.

Yes I know Pajama Boy never had a rift with Isles management.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I remember a few years back the discussion about possibly bringing back Calvin DeHann after one of his multiple shoulder surgeries, and it was brought up that he was no longer insurable.
Does this apply to Tarasenko?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I remember a few years back the discussion about possibly bringing back Calvin DeHann after one of his multiple shoulder surgeries, and it was brought up that he was no longer insurable.
Does this apply to Tarasenko?

Speaking of De Haan if we are really hard up for a LHD I am guessing he and his 1 year contract can be had for cheap

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
15 goals? Come on. Tarasenko was a 35-40 goal scorer. The doctors says he is healthy. Even if he’s at 80% he’s a 25-30 goal scorer. The only way he scores 15 goals or less is if he plays less than 50 games.

I'm not saying that's what he'll do, I'm saying that there were more options than being presented. Worst case for St. Louis is Tarasenko stays pissed off and has a massive drop in production like that. They'll lose all leverage, won't be able to LTIR him, will still have his cap hit, and nobody will want him.

There is currently intrigue because of the player he used to be and if he rebounds that'd be great. Once teams know he isn't going to rebound his value would decline further.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Eichel would be a disaster of a move for us at this point. Would definitely have to move Nelson to get anywhere close to affording his contract - that part is a no brainer for us - but then you’re also talking about moving Wahlstrom and/or Dobson who are essential players for us as a capped out team. Hasn’t Seravalli gotten enough attention after leaking the entire Seattle roster?

Reactions: Macch and periferal

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
If Armstrong really is planning to hold on to Tarasenko for the time being I wonder if Lou shifts his attention to Reinhart.

It would definitely cost at least the ‘22 first but he’s a safe bet for 30+ goals and is still very young. I know he’s a natural center but I believe he plays wing as well? Could be wrong there.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If Armstrong really is planning to hold on to Tarasenko for the time being I wonder if Lou shifts his attention to Reinhart.

It would definitely cost at least the ‘22 first but he’s a safe bet for 30+ goals and is still very young. I know he’s a natural center but I believe he plays wing as well? Could be wrong there.

He's never scored more than 25 goals in a season though...

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Not good trade partners with the Sabres. I don't think we have the futures assets that Buffalo is looking for

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
You’ve can’t say no to Tank, then yes to Hamilton. That makes zero sense considering one guy is gonna be on his 4/5th team already with known albeit unclear relationship/teammate/lockerrrom issues. The other guy just wants out for whatever reason. This whole your dr vs my dr is some agent created Bs.

My issue with Tarasenko has nothing to do with personality. It has to do with his shoulder surgeries. If he played 80+% of the last 2 seasons, I'd be more than willing to bring him on.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I think Pelech goes for higher that 5MAAV unless it's short-term, and that's bad for us in the long run. I see between 6-6.5MAAV being the correct range. I know comparables like Slavin make less, but he got paid earlier.

Also I don't see the point in trading for Eichel unless it's to replace NYI's #1C, not Brock Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad