Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Makes sense, could use the speed alone on the bottom 6 then just try to get him to Bridgeport when we are done with injuries.

they need a body. Lou noted yesterday that BPT is short staffed already. I’m pretty sure a move is coming. I wonder if it’s JHS for Reider (after he clears).

anyone know how many contracts we have?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if it’s JHS for Reider (after he clears).
That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw he was on waivers. Get him to the same status as JHS, and then swap 'em. But I'm not really up on waiver rules, so if we wanted Reider in the NHL would he have to pass thru waivers coming back up?

Reactions: xECK29x

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Just noticed Reider is a year younger than Kuhnhackl and from the same town. I think we can assume they know each other, FWIW.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If he clears waivers and then is traded and plays for Isles, when he gets healthy does he have to clear waivers to go to Bridgeport?
Or would he have to be exposed to waivers?

If there is room on the roster, then I'd be into a trade Ho-sang for Perlini trade.
And pick up Rieder thru waivers.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If he clears waivers and then is traded and plays for Isles, when he gets healthy does he have to clear waivers to go to Bridgeport?
Or would he have to be exposed to waivers?

If there is room on the roster, then I'd be into a trade Ho-sang for Perlini trade.
And pick up Rieder thru waivers.

If he clears waivers, is traded, plays for the Islanders and then they want to return him to Bridgeport he'd have to clear waivers again. The only way he doesn't I think is if it's an emergency recall which has specific criteria surrounding it (like you don't have any other forwards available to play for someone who randomly gets injured or sick before a game).

Reactions: doublechili

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If he clears waivers, is traded, plays for the Islanders and then they want to return him to Bridgeport he'd have to clear waivers again. The only way he doesn't I think is if it's an emergency recall which has specific criteria surrounding it (like you don't have any other forwards available to play for someone who randomly gets injured or sick before a game).

Great - thank you, so a Ho-Sang for Rieder trade after he clears doesn't make sense.

But, if there is a space on the roster a Ho-Sang (AHL) for Perlini (NHL) makes a ton sense from Isles POV then.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Great - thank you, so a Ho-Sang for Rieder trade after he clears doesn't make sense.

But, if there is a space on the roster a Ho-Sang (AHL) for Perlini (NHL) makes a ton sense from Isles POV then.

If the Islanders just want to shed a contract it could make sense, but no, they could potentially lose an asset for nothing in that type of deal if the intent is to play Reider in the NHL temporarily.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

If Perlini was also on waivers and in the same spot I would take him over Rieder for sure, but the not having to clear waivers a second time is the key factor here.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Wouldn't have a problem with that move.

47 out 50.
You guys cannot be serious. Rieder is absolute trash. This guy has 1 goal in his last 76 NHL games. ONE GOAL in nearly an entire season. What the heck would we need this guy for? This would be a Garth Snow level move. What this team needs is an actual trade, a real move for an actual NHL forward.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018

fugeddabout Perlini,Detroit bound

Reactions: SI

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You guys cannot be serious. Rieder is absolute trash. This guy has 1 goal in his last 76 NHL games. ONE GOAL in nearly an entire season. What the heck would we need this guy for? This would be a Garth Snow level move. What this team needs is an actual trade, a real move for an actual NHL forward.

Claiming him off waivers doesn't cost anything and it's insurance in case someone gets the poops the night of a game. There isn't anybody to call up from Bridgeport at the moment. You don't make a real move for an actual NHL forward if you're just looking for some short term relief.

Nice to see you again though Mr. Sunshine. I was worried I'd never see you again because of the winning streak.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Claiming him off waivers doesn't cost anything and it's insurance in case someone gets the poops the night of a game. There isn't anybody to call up from Bridgeport at the moment. You don't make a real move for an actual NHL forward if you're just looking for some short term relief.

False. If you claim this guy off of waivers, you therefore cannot make trades. It's in the rule book, pretty sure.

Reactions: xECK29x

SI

Feb 16, 2013
fugeddabout Perlini,Detroit bound

Alec Regula- RHD man playing in the OHL and was a 3rd round pick.

I would suspect a similar return for Ho-Sang or at the very least, nothing better than that return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad