Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Regarding Leddy....

I actually think it's Nelson that will be traded for an upgrade...NOT Leddy.

Probably Nelson + for some pieces..or a solid winger or even an elite (one with contract or some other issues that force the team to

Re: Trade in general. Yes, right now we have a lot of injuries...I do NOT think we will do a trade unless these injuries are affecting "winning". So far, we're still winning, so no need to initiate a trade.​

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Nelson also doesn't have any protection and I am pretty sure that whatever will happen...happens just before the Seattle expansion draft. We are going to lose someone good if we don't start rejigging what we have to minimize having to give up something to Seattle. I'd rather keep the first and pick who you want.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Regarding Leddy....

Probably Nelson + for some pieces..or a solid winger or even an elite (one with contract or some other issues that force the team to

Re: Trade in general. Yes, right now we have a lot of injuries...I do NOT think we will do a trade unless these injuries are affecting "winning". So far, we're still winning, so no need to initiate a trade.​

Nelson has a NTC so he can't be traded.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah..no trade..That doesn't cover being protected from Seattle though....

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah..no trade..That doesn't cover being protected from Seattle though....

It prevents him from being traded to Seattle, not picked by Seattle. If he's picked by Seattle we wouldn't get any assets for him.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Regarding Leddy....

We have no depth at Center...why would we trade our points-leading 2C???

Reactions: SteveH124

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
The logjam is in the D corp and major shortfall at C, I cant imagine any scenario we would trade our 2C.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We have no depth at Center...why would we trade our points-leading 2C???

I never said to trade him now? Were we going to trade Leddy now? No.

We will trade when we are ready and Nelson, I believ will be part of the package moving out.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Regarding Leddy....

And why do you think it's Nelson??? What a ridiculous crap! The guy does exactly what we expect from a 2C, and you think the Isles want to trade him???

Reactions: Thrasymachus

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
And why do you think it's Nelson??? What a ridiculous crap! The guy does exactly what we expect from a 2C, and you think the Isles want to trade him???

I am well aware that we are light on C position, which is why I didn't say now. At some point, I do think something will happen to get us a replacement. At which time, the Isle will ship out Nelson because his value would be at it's highest.

I also predict Zeeker will be traded because his value right now is still very high and we have people good enough to come close to replacing him. Again, there will be events that will give us the ability to do so. What they are, I do not know.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I am well aware that we are light on C position, which is why I didn't say now. At some point, I do think something will happen to get us a replacement. At which time, the Isle will ship out Nelson because his value would be at it's highest.

I also predict Zeeker will be traded because his value right now is still very high and we have people good enough to come close to replacing him. Again, there will be events that will give us the ability to do so. What they are, I do not know.

Well, he has a NTC for two years and then a MNTC for the remainder of his contract. If you're not talking about trading him now, why even bother bringing it up?

BARzalDOWN

Apr 20, 2007

Unless you’re talking about 4-5 years in the future, I’m thinking you’re way off base here.

Zeeker and Brock both signed large contracts recently, are coach and fan favorites, and play huge roles. Especially zeeker, his style of play is completely dependent on his compete level and not many people work harder than him. He’ll be an islander for many more years.

Scramble

Dec 22, 2013
Long Island, NY
I can't imagine they move Brassard back to center anytime soon so I'm really interested to see what happens once some forwards gradually start coming back, especially since none of them are centers. Are they going to keep Bardreau up for the foreseeable future? If so, someone will have to get waived or traded sooner or later. Or will they send him down and play Komarov at center?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I can't imagine they move Brassard back to center anytime soon so I'm really interested to see what happens once some forwards gradually start coming back, especially since none of them are centers. Are they going to keep Bardreau up for the foreseeable future? If so, someone will have to get waived or traded sooner or later. Or will they send him down and play Komarov at center?
I’d love it if Leo took a seat in the press box.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Why are we trading all our C's? Are we back in a rebuild?

Reactions: Thrasymachus

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Regarding Leddy....

Nelson brings a lot of value and Trotz loves him. Not sure who is an upgrade on Nelson that would be available. Besides, look at Lamoriellos trade history, he really hasn't made any significant deals or trades like that, at least in recent history.

I think they go to war with what they got. Wahlstrom is showing much promise and they are still developing guys like Holmstrom, Bellows & Koivula, as long as they are winning and playing competitive, the sense of urgency for more elite scoring is really that of the fan base, not management.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I don't think Nelson will be traded after signing that contract.

Yeah, me neither.

Lou’s gotta be creative then, let’s build on the early exploits, including last season.

LOL and Edit: ‘LOU MUST MAKE TRADE, NOW’ or ‘WHY WASN’T...UH LOU ON THAT.’ Should cover 500 pages worth of sarcastic, trite phrases I read in these threads. Lol.

Last edited:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Bizarre. Trade Nelson? Worry about the expansion draft? Are we kidding? We should be talking about adding a center.

Let's face it, we're almost certainly going to lose a good player or very significant non-roster assets at the expansion draft. We know this. It's not a mistake how well Vegas did - we can see this in retrospect. Let's not freak out over it.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Nelson brings a lot of value and Trotz loves him. Not sure who is an upgrade on Nelson that would be available. Besides, look at Lamoriellos trade history, he really hasn't made any significant deals or trades like that, at least in recent history.

I think they go to war with what they got. Wahlstrom is showing much promise and they are still developing guys like Holmstrom, Bellows & Koivula, as long as they are winning and playing competitive, the sense of urgency for more elite scoring is really that of the fan base, not management.

I understand where everyone is coming from, but I am not sold on Nelson. It was the same with Okposo and a bunch of other players. The second part is that even though Nelson is doing much better than his previous years, his value is increasing and thinking as a business (not a fan), I feel that we can get MORE value by trading him in a year or 2 instead of trying to trade him when his value starts to drop. He just turned 29...how much longer do you think he can keep this up? 2-3 years beyond this year?

The year after next he should be at his peak and that's when to unload.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
New experiment for the team is Brassard on the wing.

If he keeps the success up, we don’t need a scoring winger but a 3C.

Salaries/aside aside, maybe Pageau from Ottawa?

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd/Leo-JPP-Bailey
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Pretty deep.

Reactions: dano16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad