Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I saw a lot of people who pay a lot more attention to the KHL then I do say this is standard and of course they're going to announce they want to extend him. Sorokin has indicated he wants to play in the NHL and there's no reason to think this has changed.

To me it's Russia. He can say he wants to play in the NHL, but lots of citizens over there seem to not get what they want.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
What in the literal F is this? Everything about it starting with the arms of the guy at :30.

It's kind of the Russian version of our old Tough Guy TV series, the one that put Mr. T on the map. The guy with the biceps was the one who lost an MMA-style fight recently that got some media coverage.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I'm on board with any of those honestly, depending on the cost. They're all legitimate third line centers and can help this team. Like you, I'm not on board with emptying the cupboards for someone like Pageau though. I'd prefer to go for someone younger who can be a mainstay for a long time, that's why I brought up Jenner a few days ago after playing Columbus. He's 26, is an RFA, wins faceoffs, can play a grinding game, and puts up a reasonable amount of points. Nothing flashy, solves a problem the team has and then they can spend on getting a top six impact forward if they want to with remaining assets and don't need to be as worried about hording players like Koivula.
I'm on board with any of those honestly, depending on the cost. They're all legitimate third line centers and can help this team. Like you, I'm not on board with emptying the cupboards for someone like Pageau though. I'd prefer to go for someone younger who can be a mainstay for a long time, that's why I brought up Jenner a few days ago after playing Columbus. He's 26, is an RFA, wins faceoffs, can play a grinding game, and puts up a reasonable amount of points. Nothing flashy, solves a problem the team has and then they can spend on getting a top six impact forward if they want to with remaining assets and don't need to be as worried about hording players like Koivula.

I like Jenner, but at what cost? he is signed another 2 seasons at a very reasonable 3.75 aav and then UFA - he also wears a letter.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I saw a lot of people who pay a lot more attention to the KHL then I do say this is standard and of course they're going to announce they want to extend him. Sorokin has indicated he wants to play in the NHL and there's no reason to think this has changed.

I’m concerned because of what is happening with the rangers Russian goalie in the ahl. Sorokin May not want anytime in the minors. I hope he still signs, but who knows I remember last time sorokin signed back with the khl out of nowhere. The only good thing is we will know before May so we can still sign greiss or Lehner if this doesn’t work out.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I like Jenner, but at what cost? he is signed another 2 seasons at a very reasonable 3.75 aav and then UFA - he also wears a letter.

I don't know what their needs are, but I'd give them Koivula and a pick personally. f***, throw in Ho-Sang too just to get rid of him. :laugh:

Reactions: ekill08x

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I’m concerned because of what is happening with the rangers Russian goalie in the ahl. Sorokin May not want anytime in the minors. I hope he still signs, but who knows I remember last time sorokin signed back with the khl out of nowhere. The only good thing is we will know before May so we can still sign greiss or Lehner if this doesn’t work out.

the Rangers other Russian in the AHL is playing out of his mind down there - they may look to trade him or their back up who will look for a big pay raise next season.

Sorokin doesn’t need a minute in the AHL - once it all settles he’ll sign and be in a tandem with Varly

Reactions: Poster Unknown

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I just have a gut feeling we end up with Hall
Would shock the heck out of me because Hall's agent has the rep for encouraging his clients not to sign during the season, to get to July and get as many offers as possible.
Lastest press reports are that NJ is trying to create the image of a big market for Hall. Sounds like teams are balking at moving bluechippers for rentals.
I expect him to be moved out west and that Devil fans will be underwhelmed with the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad