Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I would LOVE Pageau as our 3c AND pick up Kapanen as his winger. Leafs fans mentioned that they'd do Kapanen for Mayfield straight up. After the emergence of Hutton AND Aho...I think we're good to let him go for a forward upgrade.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd -JPP-Kapanen
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Komarov and RJ as extra

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I would LOVE Pageau as our 3c AND pick up Kapanen as his winger. Leafs fans mentioned that they'd do Kapanen for Mayfield straight up. After the emergence of Hutton AND Aho...I think we're good to let him go for a forward upgrade.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd -JPP-Kapanen

Komarov and RJ as extra
I like Kapanen, but I would not trade Mayfield for him straight up and I doubt Lou/Trotz would either. Mayfield fits in with what Trotz is trying to do (defense-first team that plays heavy), and his contract is one of the better bargains in the league.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd -JPP-Kapanen

Komarov and RJ as extra

Bailey?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd -JPP-Kapanen

Komarov and RJ as extra

Have either Hutton or Aho really "emerged" though? Sure, Hutton had a strong camp but he's still yet to play a game that matters at the NHL level. I'm not sure that Aho is anything more than a AAAA player at this point. We may be forced to find out if a couple of our defenders go down, but you'd have to think they're both behind Hickey on the depth chart.

Reactions: The Real JT

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I understand where everyone is coming from, but I am not sold on Nelson. It was the same with Okposo and a bunch of other players. The second part is that even though Nelson is doing much better than his previous years, his value is increasing and thinking as a business (not a fan), I feel that we can get MORE value by trading him in a year or 2 instead of trying to trade him when his value starts to drop. He just turned 29...how much longer do you think he can keep this up? 2-3 years beyond this year?

The year after next he should be at his peak and that's when to unload.
Glad you arent running our team

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I really would like to see the Isles try to loan Dobson to a Euro team. I don't think the way he's being handled now isn't the best for his development.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Brassard-Nelson-beau
Ladd -JPP-Kapanen

Komarov and RJ as extra
No way do I move Mayfield. His contract is stellar.

Not to mention Mayfield > Kapanen

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
When everyone is healthy, what do we do with Bailey?... With Brassard playing well on the wing (with Nelson and Beau), I don't think Trotz will break that line and put Brassard back at center. That means that Bailey could end up on a 3rd line.

Is it possible that Trotz uses him at center? I think a trio of Komarov-Bailey-Wahlstrom could be interesting. Or maybe even Dal Colle with Bailey and Wahlstrom. Komarov could be used with Cizikas and Clutterbuck.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Nelson-Brassard
Komarov-Bailey-Wahlstrom
Ladd/Jonhston-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

IR Martin, Kuhnhackl

My prediction is I think Wahlstrom will be back in the AHL, and Dal Colle will take Wahlstrom's spot (with Komarov or Bailey at center).

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I understand where everyone is coming from, but I am not sold on Nelson. It was the same with Okposo and a bunch of other players. The second part is that even though Nelson is doing much better than his previous years, his value is increasing and thinking as a business (not a fan), I feel that we can get MORE value by trading him in a year or 2 instead of trying to trade him when his value starts to drop. He just turned 29...how much longer do you think he can keep this up? 2-3 years beyond this year?

The year after next he should be at his peak and that's when to unload.
Nope, 28!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I really would like to see the Isles try to loan Dobson to a Euro team. I don't think the way he's being handled now isn't the best for his development.
No way and I disagree. They will get him in. And no defense goes uninjured. Euro to start the year I'd be fine as there would have been options explored for depth. But he's here now, practicing and learning from the best. Also look at how the raised competition has improved the corps as a whole.
yep. we'd be competing pretty heavily with EDM for him, I'd bet. Ottawa has so many 2nd round picks I think they'd want something else.

I mean, that's a lot (the 1st). Idk if I want to spend a 1st so early in the season, or at all.

Interesting note, and agreed. I don't want to move our first, that's our only way to get top talent here (draft). I will make exceptions for top players if it's obvious. Say the deadline was today and Duchene of last year was on the market. I'd be fine with moving a first for him.

If I were Ottawa though I'd try and keep Pageau. Gotta compete eventually and he's a hard worker and leader. Exactly why I'd want him but 6 second rounders over the next two drafts.

Reactions: dano16

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That's the thing - it's hard to acquire valuable players. Make the price less, and OTT sends him to EDM.

Yeah, but this team doesn't need a guy who can play up and down the lineup, we have a bunch of those already. We need a guy who can hold down the 3C spot and do well, which will likely come cheaper.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Have either Hutton or Aho really "emerged" though? Sure, Hutton had a strong camp but he's still yet to play a game that matters at the NHL level. I'm not sure that Aho is anything more than a AAAA player at this point. We may be forced to find out if a couple of our defenders go down, but you'd have to think they're both behind Hickey on the depth chart.

Triple "like" from me on that post.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
No reason to make a move at this point with the Isles on a roll.

If Hutton continues to develop on the farm then at some point before next season, I'd be ok with slotting Hutton in for Mayfield provided there's an overpayment for Mayfield coming back to the Isles. That's a calculated gamble but you gotta give to get something back.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Makes sense, could use the speed alone on the bottom 6 then just try to get him to Bridgeport when we are done with injuries.

I wonder if this is a precursor to a Ho-Sang trade. Lamoriello would really corner the market for German players (Greiss, Kuhnhackl, Seidenberg, Reider).

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I mean, that's a lot (the 1st). Idk if I want to spend a 1st so early in the season, or at all.

Was presuming a deadline deal, and I would only move the 1st (lottery protected) if they felt they could re-sign him to a fair deal.

Reactions: dano16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad