HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Don’t forget the highlight of the game — Marner got upset!

QlGjaql.gif

:sarcasm:
I like how everyone is indifferent.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So who was Nylander mouthing off? I think that needs to be unpacked.
Nylander was mouthing off to Marner and then Marner threw his gloves on the ground on a tantrum not long after (or before?).

Anyway, we should all thank Nylander for allowing use to see how much of man-baby Marner was regardless of the other of things.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
In Matthews' defense I had gastro 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going to die. I literally shit so much I lost consciousness right off the toilet. Not even joking. Worst part is this is the 2nd time this happened in the last year. Two kids in daycare.

I can relate, the first few years of young kids at daycare is literally a shit show. They bring so many viruses home that everybody gets sick. The worst by far is gastro....Thank god it doesn't normally last much longer than 48 hours. My kids are 7 and 10 now, so it doesn't happen as often anymore, but they still bring viruses home from time to time.

Even with knowing how bad it is, I'm still laughing at the thought of Matthews sitting on the toilet shitting his life out in the playoffs :laugh:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
In Matthews' defense I had gastro 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going to die. I literally shit so much I lost consciousness right off the toilet. Not even joking. Worst part is this is the 2nd time this happened in the last year. Two kids in daycare.
I got food poisoning in January, gastro in early march and again last week. Having experienced all that, there is no way I can’t see an athlete playing

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It's so funny that we have two separate incidents of Marner crying in different play-off runs and now we have him throwing his gloves like a petulant child.

Mental midget.
Some players clearly don't have the compete level for the playoffs. Another one who might get eliminated tonight: Max Pacioretty.

Not a bad idea, though Keller isn't a better 200 foot guy than Marner, and Leafs wouldn't know if he's got the heart for the playoffs.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
It’s so satisfying to see the Leafs pissing away their contention window.

KH is absolutely right to prioritize the backend on this rebuild.

When we’re talking Stanley cup playoffs..

Defence > Offense
Elite forwards > forward depth (but ideally both)

Leafs have depth and elite talent at the forward position but they have neither at the D position.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I can relate, the first few years of young kids at daycare is literally a shit show. They bring so many viruses home that everybody gets sick. The worst by far is gastro....Thank god it doesn't normally last much longer than 48 hours. My kids are 7 and 10 now, so it doesn't happen as often anymore, but they still bring viruses home from time to time.

Even with knowing how bad it is, I'm still laughing at the thought of Matthews sitting on the toilet shitting his life out in the playoffs :laugh:

The worst feeling in the world is doing laundry at 3 am while both kids are puking and you have that realization that it'll be you puking in about a week.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s so satisfying to see the Leafs pissing away their contention window.

KH is absolutely right to prioritize the backend on this rebuild.

When we’re talking Stanley cup playoffs..

Defence > Offense
Elite forwards > forward depth (but ideally both)

Leafs have depth and elite talent at the forward position but they have neither at the D position.
Tavares has another year. Marner has an NMC. I think they’re stuck for another season.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad