Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "You Could Be Mine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
If you are using a spot to protect Kassian you have no business running a NHL team anymore. Those slots are valuable and can be filled with much better players that cannot be protected on other teams. Holland better be working the phones hard.
Logic ...yes
Just an example....a mix of maybe available players...

miles wood--Teddy Blueger--Armia

Wood- last year could of had him cheap ....now you will have to pay....maybe a second and a middling prospect or Jones and a later pick.

Blueger--their possible ED victim.

Armia--at first for sure he was going UFa and then his play was great but as Gallagher got going 2 ways somewhat and Anderson improved and Lehkonen took over for Evans we got a glimpse of the future with Armia being pushed to the fourth line playing 10.- 12 mins a night. Holland needs to visit his agent asap and talk in general about the state of hockey and maybe Scratch his head with 4 fingers.

WE have an open slot on goalie as well. WE could help some team.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A complementary vanilla winger who was second on the team in 5v5 goals last season for wingers.

He's nothing special, but we're talking about a team with one top9 winger signed right now. Throwing a measly $1M at Kahun as a backup plan/extra forward seems pretty logical.
How many were scored from the third line though? It doesn't matter how little you throw at Kahun. There may not be space for him unless you're willing to lose a player like Marody or Benson for nothing.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
How many were scored from the third line though? It doesn't matter how little you throw at Kahun. There may not be space for him unless you're willing to lose a player like Marody or Benson for nothing.

If Holland knocks it out of the park and there’s no space for him, you waive him. Good chance he gets claimed or he goes to Bako with 100% of his cap buried.

Reactions: The Safe Play

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
If Holland knocks it out of the park and there’s no space for him, you waive him. Good chance he gets claimed or he goes to Bako with 100% of his cap buried.
You may not be pissing away cap but your pissing away money and chances are he has done that already with insurance Shore. Owners take a dim view of that kind of management.
Especially as ur already burying Turris.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm in aggrement here. Kahun isn't a world beater, but he can bring some offense in the right scenario as a depth guy if nothing else. It's no huge loss if we lose him, but unless he wants to be overpaid, qualify him and see what happens.
If we qualify him and he goes to arbitration and wins we walk on the award and get another buyout window

Reactions: ManofSteel55

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So does anyone think there's a chance in hell Cossa or Wallstedt are on the board for us?

Granted I only get most of my prospect info from here, I really only hope for a legit tendy in the system and if they're both gone I think it should absolutely be traded. I feel like it would take a miracle to get one of them.

Reactions: Proko88

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If we qualify him and he goes to arbitration and wins we walk on the award and get another buyout window
There’s a certain salary amount that they have to hit before the team can walk.

Even though the arbitrator’s award is binding and final, teams have what is known as a “walk-away right” if the arbitration was initiated by the player. If the arbitrator’s award was for a one-year term and greater than $3.5 million, the team may exercise this walk-away right and the player will become an unrestricted free agent.

SALARY ARBITRATION IN THE NHL. WITH 2020 UPDATES. - Beyond the Glass

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So does anyone think there's a chance in hell Cossa or Wallstedt are on the board for us?

Granted I only get most of my prospect info from here, I really only hope for a legit tendy in the system and if they're both gone I think it should absolutely be traded. I feel like it would take a miracle to get one of them.

Wallstedt will be gone but I'd say there's around a 40% chance Cossa is available at our spot.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I wonder if there's any decent European FAs out there. I wouldn't mind lucking into a Kevin Lankinen.

Reactions: GOilers88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad