Don't forget to call my lawyers agent
With ridiculous demands
An you can take the pity so far
But it's more than I can stand
'Cause this couchtrip's gettin' older
Tell me how long has it been
'Cause five years is forever
And you haven't grown up won anything yet

Another R&P thread over 1000 posts, another music themed thread title :DD.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Eerily quiet on HFOil about Hyman. Some semi credible people saying Oilers and Sens are front runners and it could be in the 5.5 to 6 mil range.

Please do not let this be true

In the previous thread, someone posted Stauffer (or it may have been someone on his show) was saying he was likely to stay in Toronto.

I don't know who or what to believe anymore :laugh:.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
In the previous thread, someone posted Stauffer (or it may have been someone on his show) was saying he was likely to stay in Toronto.

I don't know who or what to believe anymore :laugh:.

I hope they keep him and overpay him like the rest of the goofs they have there. Last time I believed anything the Eastern media pumped up regarding anything leafs related, Dallas Eakins came and destroyed all the fun I had for watching Oilers hockey.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I hope they keep him and overpay him like the rest of the goofs they have there. Last time I believed anything the Eastern media pumped up regarding anything leafs related, Dallas Eakins came and destroyed all the fun I had for watching Oilers hockey.

I don't know how Dubas can keep him and fill the rest of his roster out. I think Nylander will be dealt.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Eerily quiet on HFOil about Hyman. Some semi credible people saying Oilers and Sens are front runners and it could be in the 5.5 to 6 mil range.

Stauffer said it would not surprise him if Hyman stayed in Toronto

Reactions: ujju2

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't know how Dubas can keep him and fill the rest of his roster out. I think Nylander will be dealt.

That would be hilarious. Nylander is a much more superior player than Hyman anyways.
There's rumblings of Hall having a reunion here all thanks to Gazzola and also the Tatar rumors too. The off season can't come soon enough.

Reactions: McFuhryous

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't want Zach Hyman at $4m. That's a guy with a career high of 41 points who's seen his offense get floated by elites in Toronto. Good complimentary forward, but he's also a highly physical player who's at a significant risk to see his body deteriorate at some point in the middle of that term.

We learned with Benoit Pouliot that checking forwards should not be signed to long-term deals.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
If he isn't ready to go to start the season, they really need to consider trading him.

Nobody is trading for Klefbom (nor the Kraken selecting him) until we see what range of skills Klefbom has if/when he comes back. That was a major surgery, he may not come back the same player, or it may take upwards of a year for him to regain close to his skillset.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I don't want Zach Hyman at $4m. That's a guy with a career high of 41 points who's seen his offense get floated by elites. Good complimentary forward.

ahem, Nuge, ahem… well, 56 points before he played with Connor and Leon.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't want Zach Hyman at $4m. That's a guy with a career high of 41 points who's seen his offense get floated by elites in Toronto. Good complimentary forward, but he's also a highly physical player who's at a significant risk to see his body deteriorate at some point in the middle of that term.

We learned with Benoit Pouliot that checking forwards should not be signed to long-term deals.

That's a bit deceiving. He had 37 points in 51 games last season and 33 in 43 this season. Those are 60 point paces roughly, along with 30 goal pace, and this is with the intangibles and PK ability etc.
Generally I agree though that you can't overpay a player like this long term. If you could sign him for 3 years even at $6M that's fine but 6 years is nuts.

Reactions: MessierII

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
1st+2nd+Yams+B Level Prospect for Connor Garland (RFA Rights) + Lawson Crowse?

Am I giving up way too much? Im thinking by not doing the offsheet we have little bit more flexibility on the contract and we swap Yams for some one with a little bit more size.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

It’s been a foregone conclusion in the media that if he doesn’t stay in TO he will end up in EDM. Unfortunately just waiting for that disappointment.

IMO he’s a little better version of Chiasson, still brutal at just finishing plays in tight. Which is what Mcdavid needs

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It’s been a foregone conclusion in the media that if he doesn’t stay in TO he will end up in EDM. Unfortunately just waiting for that disappointment.

IMO he’s a little better version of Chiasson, still brutal at just finishing plays in tight. Which is what Mcdavid needs
His career trajectory is weird. He has good results at even strength but he's not a player that comes across as one that has the skill to sustain it. Particularly when he's by himself.

He's a lot better than Chiasson, but he's also a player that's currently in the same conversation as the first liners on the market. And that's incredibly concerning.

Reactions: ujju2

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Man I love Holland. He seems to be in on everyone just to drive the prices up for whoever actually signs him.

Reactions: voxel

North

Jun 25, 2009

Eakins hockey is more fun to watch now that he’s coaching the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad