Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "You Could Be Mine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Did I hear Bob Stauffer correctly when he was talking about Tatar as a potential Kahun replacement? I guess that might be okay if the Oilers still bring in a legitimate left winger. If Tatar is supposed to be the legitimate winger, then we're going to have a bad time. But if Tatar is in addition to a legitimate winger, then that might not be so bad.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Literally.

Benson - Turris - Kassian
Shore - McLeod - Archibald
Marody...
My 4th line looks like:
Archibald-McLeod-Kassian

If you somehow get rid of Kassian then maybe Benson.

Shore is an extra forward, as is Khaira, who’s a safety net in case McLeod crashes and burns

Turris…wonder if he retires and collects his buyout money from Nash?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Add Benson and maybe Holloway too. I continue to believe that our 4th line should be built around Benson-McLeod.
McLeod for sure, don’t know what to think of Benson. Archibald isn’t good enough for the 3rd line IMO, so he slots in there too.

Reactions: ujju2

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Let's take a quick gander at who's in the SCF right now.
Montreal is a big team and Tampa kept getting bounced until the brought in some bigger sandpaper guys to compliment their skill. So long as refs are gonna keep swallowing their whistles in the playoffs, GMs need to keep that in mind.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
No, of course I remember (I'm OLD, lol). But that was a while ago already, and the league has changed quite a bit even in the last 5 years. Size and toughness matter, I'll agree with you there, as long as you don't define toughness as "fighting". But you defined it as fighting, which I don't agree matters very much anymore at all.
Fair enough. I should’ve specified size and physical play as well. It just happens that our only big and physical guys, Draisaitl notwithstanding, also fight.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
McLeod for sure, don’t know what to think of Benson. Archibald isn’t good enough for the 3rd line IMO, so he slots in there too.

Yeah either Benson-McLeod-Khaira or Benson-McLeod-Archibald is what I think makes sense. We'll need some 3rd line upgrades though. Holloway helps. If we sign a 2RW, maybe we see Holloway-Khaira-Yamamoto? Might be a solid 3rd line despite Khaira being better suited for a 4th line role.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I agree that we need to upgrade on Kahun.

My issue was that we had limited cap space when Kahun was signed at the time. So we couldn't sign someone of better quality than him. Fast forward to the present, he's now labelled as a 'bad player' because Holland signed him to a cheap contract and he didn't produce. He's clearly not a 1st or 2nd line caliber player but I'm not sure why posters expect him to be something he clearly isn't. Truly baffling.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Solid ratio for Matty as he voices his dislike of adding more hockey players to our team that don't suck when >1/2 our lineup are offensive black holes.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
A lot of Stauffer's guests that do disagree with him just end up agreeing with him anyway.

It's been the same thing over and over on the show for over a month. I took a break as there is literally nothing new out there and those guys have nothing else to talk about.
I am getting real sick of the Nielson show. I like to listen through my data cause I don’t live in Alberta and I like to hear the Oilers news, but he’s turned into a lot goofy filler immature nonsense. Lowtide is pretty knowledgeable.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My 4th line looks like:
Archibald-McLeod-Kassian

If you somehow get rid of Kassian then maybe Benson.

Shore is an extra forward, as is Khaira, who’s a safety net in case McLeod crashes and burns

Turris…wonder if he retires and collects his buyout money from Nash?
Depends where his mind is at. If he's fine with his career ending, I'm sure he messes around this off-season, comes into camp out of shape and gets sent off to Bakersfield.

I think he'll try very hard this summer to improve his foot-speed and push for a role in camp. I wouldn't count him out.

Reactions: Faelko

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
There won't be a taxi squad next year, which is why guys like PRussell, Ennis, Neal, Chiasson aren't long for this roster. Jury's out on Jones and Lagesson.

I'm not sure what your argument is for Kahun. He can't even PK. What does he do well?

He had three good seasons of 5v5 hockey before joining the team and predictably had a down season after playing with the trash in the Oilers bottom six.

PKing is something you figure out after. We've got a coach that has got elite results out of literally every player he's put on it. You don't see teams like Tampa having guys on the fourth line who get ripped apart at 5v5 just because they can PK a few minutes every game.

Reactions: Little Fury

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He had three good seasons of 5v5 hockey before joining the team and predictably had a down season after playing with the trash in the Oilers bottom six.

PKing is something you figure out after. We've got a coach that has got elite results out of literally every player he's put on it. You don't see teams like Tampa having guys on the fourth line who get ripped apart at 5v5 just because they can PK a few minutes every game.
He didn't play with the bottom six. He spent the majority of the year next to Draisaitl.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
Viktor Ardvarkson might be available. Good contract but he did have a down year. Take a flyer on him?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He didn't play with the bottom six. He spent the majority of the year next to Draisaitl.

He played half the season with Drai and had decent results. He had well above average results on RNH's wing.

The only place where he crashed and burned was with Haas.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He played half the season with Drai and had decent results. He had well above average results on RNH's wing.

The only place where he crashed and burned was with Haas.
He won't get RNH or Drai on the third line. His results with elites were lukewarm and he was prone to bad defensive reads. He's not particularly fast, not physical, nor has he really generated much of his career offense with third liners.

Complimentary vanilla scoring winger.

Reactions: Anarchism

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He won't get RNH or Drai on the third line. His results with elites were lukewarm and he was prone to bad defensive reads. He's not particularly fast, not physical, nor has he really generated much of his career offense with third liners.

Complimentary vanilla scoring winger.

A complementary vanilla winger who was second on the team in 5v5 goals last season for wingers.

He's nothing special, but we're talking about a team with one top9 winger signed right now. Throwing a measly $1M at Kahun as a backup plan/extra forward seems pretty logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad