Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where Creativity is murdered by Skepticism and the Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
TO losing

Babcock a terrible coach now according to their fans.

Our fans would not be much kinder.

Imagine if the Oilers coach refused to play McDavid more than 20 minutes on most nights, saddled him with Zach Hyman for YEARS and then suffered this groundhogs day hell scenario of losing in 7 to the Bruins in the first round every single year.

An argument can be made the Leafs did not win to their talent level this year, either. They made the playoffs by 4 points and they were limping at the end.

Reactions: Joey Moss

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Subban is for sale, even if it is cap motivated they will get a lot of interest and will get a lot of value.

It was played around a bit on the mains, but it seems at least some Preds fans are okay with it being RNH++

I have a high opinion of Subban. It could be even RNH+Larsson/Klefbom. I'd say if Karlsson couldn't get Heiskanen, we don't have to part with Bouchard. But, that was one year of Karlsson vs 3 years of Subban. But yes, pieces like these would be on the table I'd think, along with our 1st this year. I don't mean that all these pieces would be given btw!

These do not work as they make over 10 million to Subban 9 million

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd be all over trying to buy low on Kadri right now after his second year straight of idiotic suspensions to sewer his team in the playoffs. A trade could be the wakeup call he needs to understand what side of the line he needs to tow. He'd be a perfect 3C. 3 more years at 4.5M.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
The Oilers, in a "win soon" mode...

No, we're a long ways away from cup contender status.

I like Nurse but he's a borderline 2nd pairing defenseman and will likely be expensive to re-sign next year. His trade value exceeds his actual play value by a good margin.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

I like Nurse but he's a borderline 2nd pairing defenseman and will likely be expensive to re-sign next year. His trade value exceeds his actual play value by a good margin.

To Montreal for Gallagher . I he would be a good fit with RNH

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I'd be all over trying to buy low on Kadri right now after his second year straight of idiotic suspensions to sewer his team in the playoffs. A trade could be the wakeup call he needs to understand what side of the line he needs to tow. He'd be a perfect 3C. 3 more years at 4.5M.

Yep, nows a good time to take the scraps while everyone is looking to throw anyone under the bus.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
Larsson for Kapanen
Russel/ prospect for Brown
RNH for Subban
Jones gets full time job

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Honestly if there's cap shifting deals to make, now is the time. Buy low on Kadri, haggle on Subban. They both have 3 years. 13.5 m for both is likely impossible without moving Russell AND Lucic somehow. So perhaps I stop thinking about this timeline.

Would you rather Nurse at 4.5m or Subban at 9?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Honestly if there's cap shifting deals to make, now is the time. Buy low on Kadri, haggle on Subban. They both have 3 years. 13.5 m for both is likely impossible without moving Russell AND Lucic somehow. So perhaps I stop thinking about this timeline.

Would you rather Nurse at 4.5m or Subban at 9?
Ideally they would be on the same pairing.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I’d go for Andreas Johnsonn way before I’d bite on Kapanen or Nylander. We should do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia