Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where Creativity is murdered by Skepticism and the Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Rather sign some guy out of Europe that has upside at this point. Not like we have a lot of room in Bakersfield.
It's not something that matters a whole lot, but Bakersfield needs guys who are Condors, which is what Stanton and Lowe essentially are.

I don't think the Oilers are really in the market for more immediate prospects. There is going to be a huge influx this summer with Persson and Berglund potentially coming over and Bouchard and Samorukov turning pro.

Reinhart might be of interest just due to familiarity, but more than likely both parties would probably want to distance themselves from each other. Not a whole lot of positivity there.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They still have room this year. Cap is going up and they do have Kronwall and Vanek as UFA's, that's 7.75mil.

I think they will re-sign Kronwall (not to the same cap hit, but still 2M+).

They can't really take on significant cap in a "prospects + cap dump" trade this summer.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The question, do you go ham at Nashville, seeing the major disappointment of this season

To NSH: Lucic, Klefbom, Puljujarvi, Bear, 8th overall and 2019 2nd round pick

To EDM: Josi (with no extension), Turris, and Weber

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The question, do you go ham at Nashville, seeing the major disappointment of this season

To NSH: Lucic, Klefbom, Puljujarvi, Bear, 8th overall and 2019 2nd round pick

To EDM: Josi (with no extension), Turris, and Weber

Nashville downgrades at every position and takes on a cap-killer contract?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nashville downgrades at every position and takes on a cap-killer contract?
Turris doesn't really have a future there, they down grade in a position of strength as well as top-10 pick. Killer contract, I guess, but can be sent away from Nashville without much concern for them.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Turris doesn't really have a future there, they down grade in a position of strength as well as top-10 pick. Killer contract, I guess, but can be sent away from Nashville without much concern for them.

How?

That's really the trade killer right there. Lucic is a no-go.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
They give up their #1 dman and their 2 C and don’t actually save any cap space.

I don’t think they’ll hesitate to give Josi $10m. They’ll move out subban this summer before they entertain this kind of a deal.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Could also see Nashville moving on from Rinne. He's had his chances and Saros is probably a starter at this point.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
For Nurse? I have a very hard time believing anyone outside the top 2 passes on that deal.

That may be true, but Byram does have a pretty good skillset that a lot of those teams are looking for. Someone looking to get back with a quick retool, like L.A for example, would be more keen on that deal, assuming Byram wasn't taken at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->