Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wanted Dead or Alive: A Goalie, Defense & Depth (preferably alive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The reason we traded Lucic for Neal was because Neal was the easier buyout option.

If we don't get rid of that contract this summer, Holland got fleeced in that deal as Lucic actually contributes to the Flames.

Lucic also contributes to other teams. Did a lot of that this year.

He’s not worth his buyout proof contract.

Yes I want out of the Neal contract but in no way shape or form is it a fleecing if we don’t.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I thought Arvidsson was the perfect buy low candidate so its disappointing a division rival picked him up. Would have been great to slot him in on Drai's wing and move Yamo down to a scoring third line.

He’s had a couple of down seasons, but he’s young enough he could still rebound.

I’m still holding out hope for Garland but who knows what the Coyotes want.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So, L.A. gets Arvidsson for relative cheap and we're talking about the Oilers possibly being in on this old guy with a giant salary and shockingly, some fans are completely on board with it. Sigh

Reactions: The Safe Play

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'd take Koskinen over Keith every millisecond of every day simply because you only have to deal with Koskinen for 1 more year and Keith's albatross is 2 more. Neal and Keith are both terrible and can be swapped 1 for 1.

I think you are right . The only trade i would do for Keith is Neal 50% retained for Keith 50% retained . I ask for the 50% because I believe Chicago buys out Neal .

Neal buy out would be 950 K for 4 years against our cap = 4.8 million in savings .
Keith at 50% would be 2.75 for 2 years against our cap = 4.8-2.75=2.05 savings . At that price if Keith is in over his head on the 2nd pairing you can afford to drop him down to the bottom pairing .

If there no deal to be had around perimeter i mention we can buy Neal out ourself and sign a D with his cap savings

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lucic also contributes to other teams. Did a lot of that this year.

He’s not worth his buyout proof contract.

Yes I want out of the Neal contract but in no way shape or form is it a fleecing if we don’t.

If the Oilers don't buy out Neal, this trade is a loss as of right now. Lets call the players a wash (Neal better two years ago, Lucic better last year), they lost a 3rd. Right now, Calgary got the better end of the deal.
Point being, just buy out Neal and save cap space and face quite frankly.

North

Jun 25, 2009
If the Oilers don't buy out Neal, this trade is a loss as of right now. Lets call the players a wash (Neal better two years ago, Lucic better last year), they lost a 3rd.
Point being, just buy out Neal and save cap space and face quite frankly.

I want them to buy out Neal but calling the trade a fleecing if we don’t is false.

I’m not arguing to keep Neal.

Lucic is still legitimately terrible. He may have potted some goals this season but he gave up as much if not more.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
What garbage is this ? I don't care what big name you are. Winning championships under toxic environments is absolutely disgusting. Is a championship so important that you would belittle other human beings for the sake of a piece of metal?
Winning makes you feel good right? No matter the costs? Including the suffering of your teammates? BS
Sport is suppose to bring people together not separate them.

Look in the mirror bro and step the **** up.
WiNnInG cHamPiOnsHiPs UnDeR ToXiC EnViRoNmEnTs Is aBsOLuTeLy DiSgUsTiNG

Go ask Steve Kerr, the player Michael Jordan punched in the face in practice, whether he'd want Michael Jordan on his team again. Professional sports isn't a feelings profession it's a get results profession.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So, L.A. gets Arvidsson for relative cheap and we're talking about the Oilers possibly being in on this old guy with a giant salary and shockingly, some fans are completely on board with it. Sigh

If Arvidsson was a left shot winger I’d be wondering why we didn’t offer a better package to get it done but they absolutely need to focus on acquiring or signing 2 more left shot LW. The only other right shots I’d like to see is for one of the bottom 6 centres and whoever ends up being the other top 4 RD (if Larsson walks).

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah if it makes sense. No one (or almost no one) wants Keith if we don’t dump one of our shit contracts which doesn’t sound likely.

Reactions: ujju2

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I also have to ask...

Unless a trade for Keith somehow provides us with cap savings (I don't see how), aren't we better off signing Barrie to a similar cap hit with a bit more term.

Both would be a liability defensively, but I have faith that Barrie is young enough to remain one of the highest scoring dmen in the league through his deal as an Oiler. Is Keith's experience worth more than that?
All Keith talk is under the assumption of his cap-hit either A. Being reduced through retention or B. They are taking back a boat anchor contract that we already have.

Barrie isn't likely to resign here at a similar cap-hit it would be a higher cap hit and signing him isn't a potential outlet to offload a bad contract we have on the books, the net increase to our cap-hit is assumed to be entirely different.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I want them to buy out Neal but calling the trade a fleecing if we don’t is false.

I’m not arguing to keep Neal.

Lucic is still legitimately terrible. He may have potted some goals this season but he gave up as much if not more.

Not a fleecing, but a losing trade as we stand right now.

Lucic is fine in that role. I watched a lot of Calgary this season and he had a lot of good moments, to go along with the usual WTF? moments. He's a decent 4th liner which is more than Neal was this season and yes, I know there were possibly health issues that caused this.

Once the Oilers buy out Neal while Lucic is still playing for the Flames, it'll be a win for the Oilers.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How could we have gotten Arvidsson? Take a look at our picks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Arvidsson was a left shot winger I’d be wondering why we didn’t offer a better package to get it done but they absolutely need to focus on acquiring or signing 2 more left shot LW. The only other right shots I’d like to see is for one of the bottom 6 centres and whoever ends up being the other top 4 RD (if Larsson walks).

Not that the Oilers should have been in on Arvidsson necessarily. Just frustrating to see other teams get quality players for cheap while the Oilers continue to have the same roster holes they've always had and I know that the offseason hasn't really begun yet, just venting a little frustration in a grand scheme of things sense.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
He’s had a couple of down seasons, but he’s young enough he could still rebound.

I’m still holding out hope for Garland but who knows what the Coyotes want.
Reading NSH fans previously they blamed his down seasons on injuries he's sustained I think I recall a back injury mentioned, he's no longer playing the same reckless balls to the wall style, and Hynes being a terrible coach.

Reactions: Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
Reading NSH fans previously they blamed his down seasons on injuries he's sustained I think I recall a back injury mentioned, he's no longer playing the same reckless balls to the wall style, and Hynes being a terrible coach.

Yeah, when I saw some Nashville games I wondered what happened because he’s clearly not the player he once was.

Reactions: Oilhawks

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I'm ok waiting to see if we do better than Arvidsson, but our first absolutely needs to be on the table for a player like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad