Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wanted Dead or Alive: A Goalie, Defense & Depth (preferably alive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
"It's all the same only the names will change. Everyday, we're wasting away..."

BECAUSE THERE ARE HARDLY ANY JUICY RUMORS OUT THERE TO DISCUSS.

/rant.

Last thread well over 40 pages again.

Apparently Stauffer hinted Kassian to Pittsburgh earlier today.

Jujhar may be getting a qualifying offer but Kahun may not.

May not be any handshake deals with Nuge or Larsson prior to the expansion draft as well.

If I misread anything from the last thread posted above, please correct me.

Reactions: ujju2

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He's also not wrong. They're both right wings and also both quite small.
Garland can deflect the puck off his face into the net. Matheson cannot.
Lol at still being hung up on size like its 1995

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Montreal getting a look at level playing field from the far US south lol.
No state tax and Montreal at about 15 percent provincial for these guys. So about 86 mill vs about 112.5 equivalency.
Or montreal average of about 3.7 per 23 man roster vs 4.9 mill average per 23 man roster.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nothing wrong with having a 2-3 smaller players in the lineup as long as the average height/weight of the team is above average.
I'm not particularly hung up on player size. It's nice to have a couple skilled power forward type guys, but it's certainly not the be-all, end-all.

I wouldn't be over the moon about paying Garland $5-6m+ long-term plus the cost to acquire. He's got a pretty short history of offensive production and I think Arizona is probably concerned about upside more than anything.

If I'm paying up for an RFA in his mid-20s, why not wait out San Jose on Timo Meier?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Montreal getting a look at level playing field from the far US south lol.
No state tax and Montreal at about 15 percent provincial for these guys. So about 86 mill vs about 112.5 equivalency.
Or montreal average of about 3.7 per 23 man roster vs 4.9 mill average per 23 man roster.

They're also getting a first hand look at a team that broke the cap ceiling by almost 30%

Reactions: TB12 and TheNumber4

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Nothing wrong with having a 2-3 smaller players in the lineup as long as the average height/weight of the team is above average.

But we're already below average. This past year our toughest players were more or less Draisaitl and Nurse. :help:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
But we're already below average. This past year our toughest players were more or less Draisaitl and Nurse. :help:
Well when we do get a tough guy like say Kassian they tend to check out or can't even look at a guy funny without being penalized.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I can't decide who needs to retire first, him or Terry Jones

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
This has been a softer, finesse team for too long. Patchwork D and goaltending. The high end talent is on the team, here’s a shot to build backend out targeting Hamilton, Ulmark then strong, two way complementary players with high end motors:

Coleman McDavid Pulju
Rnh Draisaitl Saad
Goodrow Bozak Yamo
Benson McLeod Archibald

Nurse Hamilton
? Bouchard
Russell Larsson

Ulmark

Too much salary but principle is to reshape into a better balanced team that is assertive, physical and balanced. Versatility with Nuge able to shift between Coleman and Saad when they need to stack McDavid and Draisaitl.

EDIT: The Oil aren’t getting all these players but they are player types I think will improve 5 v 5 play and make them harder to play against while improving goal suppression.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad