Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You mean like jack Campbell after sealing the bag lolol

The rumored deal for Hill in Vegas is 4.9 x 2 years ... interesting how Vegas is making him earn a long term contract and we just bent over and gave Campbell 5 years for 0 playoff success, whereas Hill was a big part of their Cup win.

It's insane how we gave Campbell that contract basically bidding against no one to boot. Like I doubt anyone else would have given him that contract.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Holland honestly should be fired for that contract.

Giving someone a 5 year deal on 135-ish games NHL experience is insanity.

Vegas is reportedly looking at resigning Hill for 4.9 mill x 2 years ... only 2 years guaranteed for a guy who won them a Cup versus Campbell who's never won a single playoff round.

It's insane how we gave Campbell that contract basically bidding against no one to boot.

If you look back at the thread last offseason discussing available goalie options, the highest vote on this board was for Campbell if I recall correctly. Was seen as the 'safe' option. There was a heavy recency bias against Kuemper for his playoff performance when he wasn't 100% and Husso's smaller sample size. Samsanov and Vanacek hadn't done anything either to wow anyone.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you look back at the thread last offseason discussing available goalie options, the highest vote on this board was for Campbell if I recall correctly. Was seen as the 'safe' option. There was a heavy recency bias against Kuemper for his playoff performance when he wasn't 100% and Husso's smaller sample size.

It's not even the signing him that is the no.1 issue, like 5 years gaurunteed? For what? 135 games or so played, 0 playoff rounds won?

That's the crazy part.

Adin Hill it looks like is only gonna get 2 years gaurunteed from Vegas for winning them a Stanley Cup.

Holland is way too freaking soft in negotiating, just gets totally bent over multiple times here (Kassian, Nurse, the cost for Keith when we were the only option he'd waive for, Yamamoto, Campbell, etc.).

What would Campbell say if we bothered to negotiate even a little and said 5 mill x 4 years max even?

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The rumored deal for Hill in Vegas is 4.9 x 2 years ... interesting how Vegas is making him earn a long term contract and we just bent over and gave Campbell 5 years for 0 playoff success, whereas Hill was a big part of their Cup win.

It's insane how we gave Campbell that contract basically bidding against no one to boot. Like I doubt anyone else would have given him that contract.
Hill has never had a #1 goalie workload at the NHL level IIRC. Who knows if he can handle it going forward?
Lindholm would be the best replacement out there for Patrice Bergeron...

Also am I crazy for thinking I'd rather have Iafallo and Vilardi than Dubois?
Flames wanting to bring Hall there for his lottery luck...

Nope, same here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hill has never had a #1 goalie workload at the NHL level IIRC. Who knows if he can handle it going forward?

Flames wanting to bring Hall there for his lottery luck...

Nope, same here.

Neither has Campbell. We signed Campbell to 5 years when he only had 135 games or so under his belt.

Hill has 101 games under his belt and a Stanley Cup.

Campbell somehow gets 3 extra years? For playing 30 some odd more games?

If I'm Taylor Hall, I'm not waiving my NTC for Calgary after finally getting on a team that regularly makes the playoffs.

Reactions: Duke74

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Neither has Campbell. We signed Campbell to 5 years when he only had 135 games or so under his belt.

No. He was an actual #1 goalie. Hill got protected by a great defence against an inept offensive team with a horrific PP

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No. He was an actual #1 goalie. Hill got protected by a great defence against an inept offensive team with a horrific PP

Where was he a no.1 goalie? The one season in Toronto where he was good the first 3 months and them bombed the last 3 months and then put up a .898 in the playoffs?

Dude had no business getting a contract extension past 3 years if we're being honest.

If it's all Vegas' D, then how come Hill was so much better than Laurent Brossoit.

But regardless, the Hills, Campbells, Skinners, etc. of the world should only get 2-3 years max, why Campbell got a complete outlier of a contract for being Hyman's friend (I guess) is insane. Holland needs to learn how to negotiate.

4-5 year term for a goalie should only be available to guys who have multiple good seasons as a starter in the league with a proven track record in the playoffs on top of that.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
It's not even the signing him that is the no.1 issue, like 5 years gaurunteed? For what? 135 games or so played, 0 playoff rounds won?

That's the crazy part.

Adin Hill it looks like is only gonna get 2 years gaurunteed from Vegas for winning them a Stanley Cup.

Holland is way too freaking soft in negotiating, just gets totally bent over multiple times here (Kassian, Nurse, the cost for Keith when we were the only option he'd waive for, Yamamoto, Campbell, etc.).

What would Campbell say if we bothered to negotiate even a little and said 5 mill x 4 years max even?

completely agree

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

If I'm Taylor Hall, I'm not waiving my NTC for Calgary after finally getting on a team that regularly makes the playoffs.
Campbell played:
26 games in '19-20
22 games in '20-21 (took the starters net away from Freddie Andersen)
49 games in '21-22

Hill played:
19 games in '20-21
25 games in '21-22
27 games in '22-23

Hill is basically where Campbell was before his last season in TO. He had a great playoffs and may prove to be a very good #1 goalie or he could prove to be a 1B type. The 2 year deal could be Hill bettinng on himself since the cap should explode at the end of his deal.

Reactions: Faelko

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Campbell played:
26 games in '19-20
22 games in '20-21 (took the starters net away from Freddie Andersen)
49 games in '21-22

Hill played:
19 games in '20-21
25 games in '21-22
27 games in '22-23

Hill is basically where Campbell was before his last season in TO. He had a great playoffs and may prove to be a very good #1 goalie or he could prove to be a 1B type. The 2 year deal could be Hill bettinng on himself since the cap should explode at the end of his deal.

The funny thing is it's not even like Campbell even had that great of a last season in Toronto.

.914 save percentage (Mike Smith had a .915), but half the season being really bad, and then a poor playoffs (.898 in and a round 1 loss) ... some how that was worth 5 million x 5 years?

Like how did Holland come to the conclusion that he was worth that contract?

He was worth after that season realistically like maybe 4.5 million x 3 years, 5 x 5 is insane.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The funny thing is it's not even like Campbell even had that great of a last season in Toronto.

.914 save percentage (Mike Smith had a .915), but half the season being really bad, and then a poor playoffs (.898 in and a round 1 loss) ... some how that was worth 5 million x 5 years?

He was worth after that season realistically like maybe 4.5 million x 3 years, 5 x 5 is insane.
We won't know. It was x amount of people guiding him

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

He was equal to Vasilevsky and much better than Skinner was this year for us in the playoffs. He was not bad at all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We won't know. It was x amount of people guiding him

Apparently Schwartz was big on the Oilers choosing Campbell, and the funniest shit is Schwartz was also apparently telling the Oilers to not start Campbell in the playoffs, so he lobbied hard for this dude and then was also saying "don't give him a start" to Woodcroft, lol.

Fire this clown, please.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Apparently Schwartz was big on the Oilers choosing Campbell, and the funniest shit is Schwartz was also apparently telling the Oilers to not start Campbell in the playoffs, so he lobbied hard for this dude and then was also saying "don't give him a start" to Woodcroft, lol.

Fire this clown, please.

Fire this clown, please.
He is safe for some odd reason. Can't even be fired for the sake of change when every goalie keeps crumbling here. Must be married to somebody in the org.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Where was he a no.1 goalie? The one season in Toronto where he was good the first 3 months and them bombed the last 3 months and then put up a .898 in the playoffs?

Dude had no business getting a contract extension past 3 years if we're being honest.

If it's all Vegas' D, then how come Hill was so much better than Laurent Brossoit.

But regardless, the Hills, Campbells, Skinners, etc. of the world should only get 2-3 years max, why Campbell got a complete outlier of a contract for being Hyman's friend (I guess) is insane. Holland needs to learn how to negotiate.

4-5 year term for a goalie should only be available to guys who have multiple good seasons as a starter in the league with a proven track record in the playoffs on top of that.
Holland does not negoitate, he just gives players whatever the hell they want. That is why nurse is so over paid and why we are saddled with ho hum players we are always trying to get rid of after giving them 2 or 3 or 4 year deals.

Player agents and trade partners know that holland will always cave.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Holland does not negoitate, he just gives players whatever the hell they want. That is why nurse is so over paid and why we are saddled with ho hum players we are always trying to get rid of after giving them 2 or 3 or 4 year deals.

Player agents and trade partners know that holland will always cave.

Except if the player has no arb rights lol

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
It feels like this is the most rebuilding teams I can recall since the cap era started.

Philly and NAS seem like they are accepting a full rebuild.

MTL, ANA, CHI, & SJ are right in the middle of one.

DET, CBJ, & ARI are in the process or have stated verbally that they are intending on leaving the rebuilding phase, but there is some work to do before any can really claim they aren't rebuilding anymore.

WPG & CGY are apparently wanting to "retool", but realistically with the number of names wanting out I struggle to see how it won't be a rebuild, the best returns will be from SC hopefuls and they'll want to pay in futures.

STL & VAN are the only 2 teams that can say they are retooling not rebuilding and it comes off as believable to me.

Roughly 1/3rd of the league in a rebuilding phase.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I haven't read through the trade threads the last couple of days so not sure what everybody else's opinion is and I don't know all the details on the potential trade but am I the only who thinks the Kings are making a mistake by trading Vilardi and Iafallo for PLD?
I'm not entirely sure that I'd trade Vilardi straight up for him then you have the potential PLD extension that could be ugly down the road.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I haven't read through the trade threads the last couple of days so not sure what everybody else's opinion is and I don't know all the details on the potential trade but am I the only who thinks the Kings are making a mistake by trading Vilardi and Iafallo for PLD?
I'm not entirely sure that I'd trade Vilardi straight up for him then you have the potential PLD extension that could be ugly down the road.

As someone that thinks PLD is an overrated, petulant child (that controller disconnect level of effort game to game when he wanted out of Columbus was something else…), I hope the Kings do it. Downgrade IMO

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Sounds like there's more pieces involved on Winnipeg's side.

Might be something good we haven't heard about yet going with PLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia