Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I dont see st.louis retaining on Parayko for that long. MAYBE they retain up to 1M but that's a long time to retain.

Only way I see it working is if Campbell goes the other way.

2024 1st, Ceci and Campbell for Parayko with 1M retained?
Can you see the Oilers taking a chance on Parayko until the end of 2029-30?

What other clubs are rumored to be in the hunt for Parayko?

St. Louis already have a question mark in Binnington at 6M for four more years.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My hot water tank that partially flooded my basement last weekend was still under warranty, so that was good.

Lock this baby up before I jinx it! :D
I like how you find the positive in an otherwise shitty situation. I’ve always tried to encourage my kids to do the same in life. Life is too short to walk around under a storm cloud your entire life.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I like how you find the positive in an otherwise shitty situation. I’ve always tried to encourage my kids to do the same in life. Life is too short to walk around under a storm cloud your entire life.
Thanks for the words...I always look at shitty situations like this: "Was anyone hurt or killed? No. Did the house burn down? No."

Shit can be replaced, people can't.

In this situation, it wasn't sewer either so another bonus. Yeah part of the carpet got soaked but insurance has been great so far.

My daughter asked me when it was first discovered "Dad, how are you so calm about this?". So I said "Well, you can scream and swear or cry or whatever but the cleanup is still going to be there waiting for you. So with situation, have your initial 'oh shit' moment, assess the situation...look for dangers like electrocution hazards first. If there aren't any, then stop the water leak first and deal with the mess after."

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Why doesn't Dubois just wait until he's a UFA to sign with Montreal I don't get it.
Sometimes when you’re in a situation that you find beyond unpleasant and your patience to “live with it” has passed, you just want out and aren’t willing to wait any longer. Bowness’ year end presser sure indicated that there was a level of toxicity in the place that was head shakeable. Not sure what PLDs role in that is/was but I guess he’s hit his limit.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Teams waiting for the prices to come down before making big splashes in the trade market.

I don't know how the cap hit would be accommodated but I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Dumba winds up signing in Edmonton.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
That Jfresh fellow says that Boston is going to make a massive franchise altering move. We have been seeing this for a few days.

Just watch the continue on dominating even after their stars retire

North

Jun 25, 2009
Sometimes when you’re in a situation that you find beyond unpleasant and your patience to “live with it” has passed, you just want out and aren’t willing to wait any longer. Bowness’ year end presser sure indicated that there was a level of toxicity in the place that was head shakeable. Not sure what PLDs role in that is/was but I guess he’s hit his limit.

Apparently PLD has been an issue. Reports last off season were that he had been telling Jets teammates he wanted to go to Montreal.

Now he’s basically said he won’t sign an extension.

The Jets aren’t going to accommodate him by sending him to Montreal. They will make the best trade available and if that’s the Kings so be it. I’m sure PLD is fine with LA as a consolation prize.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Apparently PLD has been an issue. Reports last off season were that he had been telling Jets teammates he wanted to go to Montreal.

The Jets aren’t going to accommodate him by sending him to Montreal. They will make the best trade available and if that’s the Kings so be it. I’m sure PLD is fine with LA as a consolation prize.
Interesting.

Isn’t his dad still a part of the organization, working with the AHL Moose? Must make for some awkward moments with ownership and management if the son is a PITA. You can say they are two different people, but…

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
If it doesn't involve Pasta or McAvoy, who cares? That team is boring.
Boston always finds a way to get better and they won't be moving Pastrnak or McAvoy. They won't improve on their regular season record, obviously, but they will improve in the postseason.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I’d have a bit more leniency for Dubois if he hadn’t also dogged his way out of Columbus before ending up in Winnipeg.

Two franchises he’s quit on now. I have no qualms if he ends up in LA long term. Overrated as a hockey player and seems to be a perpetual headache for whoever gets him.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Boston always finds a way to get better and they won't be moving Pastrnak or McAvoy. They won't improve on their regular season record, obviously, but they will improve in the postseason.
My guess it's McCavoy. He was a big reason they lost first round IMO. He was totally abysmal and was making mistake after mistake

It's also JFresh lmao. The Eklund of hockey stats has now become the Eklund of rumors

Edit: And this is why you don't follow JFresh. Boston looking for a 2nd round pick is FrAnChiSe AlTerINg!!

"okay fine I'll reveal it. Boston is considering acquiring a pick in the first two rounds of the entry draft. It may not get done but it's something they're seriously looking at, per source. "

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Debrusk, McAvoy, and Swayman are the only big names in Boston that don't have NMC/NTC. The only guy from those names that would classify as a franchise changing name is McAvoy. I would be stunned if Boston traded him.

But I think I would be interested in a Debrusk for Yamamoto+ swap, come to think of it.

Edit: That clown who tweeted that was joking. Now he makes shitty jokes in addition to shitty charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille