Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Corpse of the '22-23 Season Isn't Even Cold Yet But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Ceci was a hero one year ago.

Yamo has stunk for years and how he is still with this team is beyond me.

I'll say what I say every year.

I don't care about shuffling around forwards or D.

Until we get goaltending none of the other stuff matters at all. None of it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Stauffer saying Ceci is gone, Yamamoto might be bought out.

Ceci isn't paid all that much, if they want to move him, there will be options. I don't know where we are gonna come up with magical cap room to find a better right side D though. Ceci is what he is a border line guy who would be really good on third pairing.

Won't have to buy Yams out, they will be able to dump him easily enough.

Ceci was a hero one year ago.

Yamo has stunk for years and how he is still with this team is beyond me.

I'll say what I say every year.

I don't care about shuffling around forwards or D.

Until we get goaltending none of the other stuff matters at all. None of it.
Exactly this. Tending, tending, tending, a hundred, thousand times, tending.

Reactions: Beerfish

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
All of the cap room you get from moving Yamamoto out has to go basically directly to Bouchard's extension.

Cody Ceci ... who A) will want this guy B) be willing to give you back someone way better at around the same salary?

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Ceci isn't paid all that much, if they want to move him, there will be options. I don't know where we are gonna come up with magical cap room to find a better right side D though. Ceci is what he is a border line guy who would be really good on third pairing.

Won't have to buy Yams out, they will be able to dump him easily enough.
I think a Yamamoto buyout would only cost the Oilers a 500.000 cap hit.

yakcity1064

Sep 7, 2016
With the Jets imploding if Helly wont resign there this summer what picks and prospects do you think it takes for the Jets to do a Soup for Hellebuyck swap? Not often goalies like that are available and with his team and contract status it should be on the table for the right price..

Reactions: nally

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Maybe, But who would want Yamamoto at 3 million? Yamamotos low buyout at least gives the Oilers a little leverage on a potential trade.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
With the Jets imploding if Helly wont resign there this summer what picks and prospects do you think it takes for the Jets to do a Soup for Hellebuyck swap? Not often goalies like that are available and with his team and contract status it should be on the table for the right price..

Probably two 1st round picks ... 1 for Helleybuck, 1 for taking back Soupy's contract.

That said I'm not sure if I'm buying all the hype on the Jets selling everyone in the summer (maybe at the deadline though if they're out).

Reactions: yakcity1064

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
f*** at this point i'd trade McDrai if it meant we had a solid 4 line team, back 6 and a solid goalie.

We have 2/3 years left of McDrai. Do we sell high or do we wait for them to walk away for nothing.

Yes I am a little drunk, but I am serious,

Do you trade McDrai for a serious contender? Or would you rather see regular season success instead?

I know this is a tough trolling type question. But seriously, think for a second please.
lol no just no,. This would be a great way to see decade of darkness 2.0 when we can't get any players even close to the caliber of those two to ever sign here.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Yams out, Ceci out, Skinner or Campbell out (just upgrade goalie overall)

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
f*** at this point i'd trade McDrai if it meant we had a solid 4 line team, back 6 and a solid goalie.

We have 2/3 years left of McDrai. Do we sell high or do we wait for them to walk away for nothing.

Yes I am a little drunk, but I am serious,

Do you trade McDrai for a serious contender? Or would you rather see regular season success instead?

I know this is a tough trolling type question. But seriously, think for a second please.
I would rather watch McDrai Oilers than Seattle Kraken hockey

at the end of the day, hockey is for entertainment and McDrai add more entertainment

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hard to do much of anything this off-season but Holland is going to need to get hella creative to even stay on par with this season.

The Campbell contract will need to be offloaded, whether by trade or buyout.

Yamamoto is likely a goner with his albatross contract. He should be easy to replace with a player making max 1 million.

Ceci is getting paid too much for what he brings so he is likely gone.

I like Foegele but he also is overpaid for what he brings and I feel like Holloway can grow into being that type of player.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Probably two 1st round picks ... 1 for Helleybuck, 1 for taking back Soupy's contract.

That said I'm not sure if I'm buying all the hype on the Jets selling everyone in the summer (maybe at the deadline though if they're out).
The idea of Edmonton acquiring Helle... wow. Would be a great way to fix the issue.

Tough season guys. Was interested in seeing a replay of the 2006 finals where yall got revenge on Carolina.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is no good ufa right d out there. If we go for a right d imho you have to look for a younger guy about to break out that may just be a cap or position casualty. Like a Toews.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Shopping list ended up being the exact same as what I posted near the end of the season. Upgrade Yamamoto and Ceci, find a goalie. Yamamoto's the only easy one (to replace, dunno if he'll be easy to move).

Going to be tough to afford depth pieces again as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hard to do much of anything this off-season but Holland is going to need to get hella creative to even stay on par with this season.

The Campbell contract will need to be offloaded, whether by trade or buyout.

Yamamoto is likely a goner with his albatross contract. He should be easy to replace with a player making max 1 million.

Ceci is getting paid too much for what he brings so he is likely gone.

I like Foegele but he also is overpaid for what he brings and I feel like Holloway can grow into being that type of player.

Honestly I would expect some what the same roster. The only big fish they could be in on would be Hellebuyck if he's asked for a trade out and that is going to require a shit ton of draft capital going to get done.

Kane McDavid Hyman
RNH Draisaitl Holloway
Kostin McLeod Cheap RW (Connor Brown?)
Cheap LW Ryan Lavoie (?)

Ekholm Bouchard (New 4.25 mill bridge)
Nurse Ceci
Kulak Broberg
Desharnais

Campbell
Skinner
Neal Buy Out

Is basically already the cap roof. It may actually be over.

Reactions: McDrai

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Gotta cut cap and not just shuffle bottom 6 guys.

Yamo, Ceci, Campbell, they all gotta go.

Bouchard has to stay, bridge for 2 years if you can.

I’d love to keep Bjugstad but he probably wants to get paid as much as possible.

I’m fine with Skinner getting the starter role next season, he’s young enough that he really does need more experience. However you need a vet ideally with playoff experience that isn’t totally ancient to mentor him and back him up.

If Hellebuck is available f***ing go for it though. A goalie that steals games with McDrai up front would be insane
I’m fine with Bjug for like a million but he’s not worth more than that to me. Big guy but timid at times. Like him I do but just figure we can’t afford him

Shopping list ended up being the exact same as what I posted near the end of the season. Upgrade Yamamoto and Ceci, find a goalie. Yamamoto's the only easy one (to replace, dunno if he'll be easy to move).

Going to be tough to afford depth pieces again as well.
Yams has to go. Love the kid. Great heart. But hes 4 inches too short and 30 lbs too light.

Johnny Gaudreau is small too but incredibly skilled.

Yamo has heart and guts and lots of try but not much else. Time to trade and move on

Honestly I would expect some what the same roster. The only big fish they could be in on would be Hellebuyck if he's asked for a trade out and that is going to require a shit ton of draft capital going to get done.

Kane McDavid Hyman
RNH Draisaitl Holloway
Kostin McLeod Cheap RW (Connor Brown?)
Cheap LW Ryan Lavoie (?)

Ekholm Bouchard (New 4.25 mill bridge)
Nurse Ceci
Kulak Broberg
Desharnais

Campbell
Skinner
Neal Buy Out

Is basically already the cap roof. It may actually be over.
I really hope we manage to bring Kostin back.

So hard to think about why he played so little. For all we know he could have been nursing an injury. If it’s not that and Jay just doesn’t like him. Welp that would suck

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’m fine with Bjug for like a million but he’s not worth more than that to me. Big guy but timid at times. Like him I do but just figure we can’t afford him

Yams has to go. Love the kid. Great heart. But hes 4 inches too short and 30 lbs too light.

Johnny Gaudreau is small too but incredibly skilled.

Yamo has heart and guts and lots of try but not much else. Time to trade and move on

Another Oiler 1st round pick that turns into basically a cap dump, maybe even a buy out.

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Barring some minor miracles, not expecting any potential impact trades occuring until the trade deadline at minimum (possibly not even until next off season).

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I really don't have much hope for next season. I am tired of looking at prospects and regular season success to have us f*** off come the playoffs.

Reactions: McDrai

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I really don't have much hope for next season. I am tired of looking at prospects and regular season success to have us f*** off come the playoffs.

At some point you just have to enjoy it for what it is -- entertainment. It's not anything more than that, and the Oilers are at least fun to watch as the league's top offence. There's worse boats to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad