Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Corpse of the '22-23 Season Isn't Even Cold Yet But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Bjugstad can come back for 1 m. Definitely bring back Ryan. I didn’t see much momentum in McLeod this go round. Fast, works hard, would love to see a tiny bit more offensive flair emerge.

Yamamoto has to go. If he had any resemblance of hands, he'd have 35 goals this year. Foegele gone too due to money. Holloway and Lavoie/Bourgault can replace them at league minimum.
I don’t think Lavoie and Bougault are the short term solution. Hoping I’m wrong.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Hope Kostin comes back, but he hardly played for head scratching reasons so I dunno.

I like Kostin/Janmark/Bjugstad/Ryan and Foegele in the bottom six, but Foegele likely goes to clear cap. Biggest question is what they do in net.

It's likely Campbell and Skinner again. But the thought of making a play for Hellebuyck is definitely there.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I don’t think Lavoie and Bougault are the short term solution. Hoping I’m wrong.
It's a gamble for sure but there have been so many talented young players breaking into the league lately and the Oilers are due for one. Lavoie has paid his dues and deserves a fair look imo

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Gotta cut cap and not just shuffle bottom 6 guys.

Yamo, Ceci, Campbell, they all gotta go.

Bouchard has to stay, bridge for 2 years if you can.

I’d love to keep Bjugstad but he probably wants to get paid as much as possible.

I’m fine with Skinner getting the starter role next season, he’s young enough that he really does need more experience. However you need a vet ideally with playoff experience that isn’t totally ancient to mentor him and back him up.

If Hellebuck is available f***ing go for it though. A goalie that steals games with McDrai up front would be insane

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I think you need to move Skinner and get a true number one.
Going to have to get creative with Campbell.
Either Ceci goes or you upgrade Desjardins with someone who can fill in the top 4.
Yamo is terrible, likely bringing in a similar type project in return.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Stauffer saying Ceci is gone, Yamamoto might be bought out.

I mean I don't exactly think there's going to be a long lineup of suitors for Cody Ceci, lol. He did not have a good season or playoffs, why spend assets on a guy like that if you're another team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And defense that can actually defend

And forwards who can produce without McDrai

Same story different season indeed
Yeh, it's really not that bad.
Skinner was a failure this series but he is just a rookie. Hopefully Campbell is more settled in next season and Skinner goes back to the back up role.

Desharnais, Broberg and Bouchard were garbage defensively for stretches and hopefully they are more polished up by next playoffs.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Yamamoto is done. That's easy.

Might have to give up a 1st to get Soup out, but then who?

I have no answers here.​

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Get ready for Foegele and Yams out, Josh Anderson and Lavoie in. Doubt Bjugstad stays. Derek Ryan should. McD/Drai/McLeod/Ryan. They'll score.
The defence is a mess. How do you upgrade on anyone with the 9.25 million albatross sitting on your second pair? Your best prospect is blocked by the two best dmen at defending on this team (Ekholm/Kulak) - getting rid of either f***s this team. He needs someone better than Ceci, who do not exist at his price point. Maybe if you had 3 million extra. Instead, we will have to ship out Kulak just to afford Bouchard and his defensive gaffes/60. Welcome to the second pairing, Vinny Desharnais? Broberg and some bargain bin vet, tbh probably John Klingberg.
Voodoo in net that now costs 7 million. Wouldn't be surprised if this playoffs breaks Skinner for a while.

Pushed to the cap, tread water until December. Elite talent pushes us higher than we should be, can't buy because of cap, finish in the wild card.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
f*** at this point i'd trade McDrai if it meant we had a solid 4 line team, back 6 and a solid goalie.

We have 2/3 years left of McDrai. Do we sell high or do we wait for them to walk away for nothing.

Yes I am a little drunk, but I am serious,

Do you trade McDrai for a serious contender? Or would you rather see regular season success instead?

I know this is a tough trolling type question. But seriously, think for a second please.

• Haha
Reactions: La Bamba

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Get ready for Foegele and Yams out, Josh Anderson and Lavoie in. Doubt Bjugstad stays. Derek Ryan should. McD/Drai/McLeod/Ryan. They'll score.
The defence is a mess. How do you upgrade on anyone with the 9.25 million albatross sitting on your second pair? Your best prospect is blocked by the two best dmen at defending on this team (Ekholm/Kulak) - getting rid of either f***s this team. He needs someone better than Ceci, who do not exist at his price point. Maybe if you had 3 million extra. Instead, we will have to ship out Kulak just to afford Bouchard and his defensive gaffes/60. Welcome to the second pairing, Vinny Desharnais? Broberg and some bargain bin vet, tbh probably John Klingberg.
Voodoo in net that now costs 7 million. Wouldn't be surprised if this playoffs breaks Skinner for a while.

Pushed to the cap, tread water until December. Elite talent pushes us higher than we should be, can't buy because of cap, finish in the wild card.
Broberg and a first should be able to get a good top 4 Dman. Two years until Drai is gone. Have to go all in.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Definitely need big steps forward from Holloway and Broberg.
Skinner or Campbell having a turnaround season is more important. But yeah, we need a big step up from Broberg, and then one young winger needs to be a legit top 9 guy that replaces yams (because we all know he is a goner this off season). Not sure Holloway is that guy, but I guess it could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino