Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Stauffer Speculates About Another NCAA Forward Signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
My hope for the Oilers' off season, Adding Hamonic and Vatanen via trade and Lovejoy as a UFA.

Defense looking like.

Sekera - Hamonic
Klefbom - Vatanen
Davidson - Lovejoy
Osterle

Nurse in the AHL, Fayne Traded away.

Ideal, but Lovejoy is probably going to take $2M aav to sign. Gotta retain some cash and/or take on a bad contract to unload Fayne.

Fayne is overpaid for your third pairing, but he can play that role pretty effectively and he is a RHS.

Swap Lovejoy with Fayne and I think that's a solid starting D for the Oilers. Let Sekera and Klefbom duke it out for the first pairing job.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Would be great. Although I don't really see the point of Lovejoy. I think Fayne is fine as a bottom pairing guy for the next couple of seasons. I'd trust him more to move up into the top 4 than I would Lovejoy.

I trust Lovejoy a lot more, plus he would be cheaper.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Hmmm my poll doesn't appear to be working. And I can't seem to fix it. I'm going to see if a higher up mod can resolve this for us

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd think adding Shaw would probably be something they look at as Kassian isn't good enough to play in the top 6.

Use Kassian's cap space on Shaw IMO if a deal makes sense

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Fayne is not cheap. NYI do not want Eberle.

Not really sure this is true. At first they wanted a d, but that seems to have changed. They essentially just stopped listening to trades as they couldn't move Hamonic with Boychuk and Leddy going down. After the playoffs however who knows. If Okposo leaves they are going to need some sort of high end winger to replace him.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Not really sure this is true. At first they wanted a d, but that seems to have changed. They essentially just stopped listening to trades as they couldn't move Hamonic with Boychuk and Leddy going down. After the playoffs however who knows. If Okposo leaves they are going to need some sort of high end winger to replace him.
If they wanted a 6m winger I'm sure okposo would be locked up

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
inoright? No idea why I can't edit my own poll. I have failed you folks... Hopefully an admin or TL can fix this up soon

You remind me of MacT.

MacT: Kevin, I think I screwed up on the Nikitin deal. Fix it for me.

Kevin: It's ok. Let's promote the signing and tell everyone "We fixed the defence. What more do ya want?".

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Ok then, whatever. Eitherway, I don't expect him to be an Oilers next season.

Lots of times a player get waived and everyone passes and then they are traded afterwards. Teams may not want to add all the salary, they may not want to use up the roster spot.

Just because Fayne was waived that doesn't mean he can't be traded.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
You remind me of MacT.

MacT: Kevin, I think I screwed up on the Nikitin deal. Fix it for me.

Kevin: It's ok. Let's promote the signing and tell everyone "We fixed the defence. What more do ya want?".

Hahaha. I fixed it myself with some minor instruction I'll have you know. I had to create a new thread with a new poll and merge it into this one to overwrite the broken one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino