Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Rainman Edition "I'm an Excellent Driver" Read OP and Watch Video For Educational Purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If the PA is reviewing it doesn’t that suggest he didn’t want the contract terminated? Clearly it’s not about the facilities.
They didn't word it as "mutual termination" so this is definitely all Arizona, and to risk the wrath of the NHLPA and its lawyers they have to feel that the ground they have to stand on is pretty solid

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Do you know how arbitration determines if the award is a one or multi (2) year deal? Each side comes in with a proposal but I understand the arbiter can determine any award in between, doesn’t have to choose one or the other. I guess if one side extends an offer for 1 year and the other side offers a 2 deal, then I have my answer…can you confirm?
The party that didn't elect for arbitration chooses between 1 and 2 years unless they are a year from Ufa then it's 1 year no matter what

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Kane - McDavid - Drai
Hyman - Nuge - Brown
Foegele - McLeod - Janmark
Holloway - Ryan - Lavoie

Not really a fan of McDrai together, but again I really like Nuge flanked by the two horses.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They didn't word it as "mutual termination" so this is definitely all Arizona, and to risk the wrath of the NHLPA and its lawyers they have to feel that the ground they have to stand on is pretty solid
It has to be mutual to terminate a contract unless it’s something super serious.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
One party to a contract can move to terminate if there is a material breach of the terms by the other party.

That's really rare though.

The Kings were barely able to terminate Mike Richards' contract(and ended up with a 20 year cap hit when they finally did) after a long battle and the guy was caught taking a bunch of cocaine across the border haha.

Galchenyuk would have had to have done something pretty serious for this to stick as a non-mutual termination.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
When was the last time the team had a more boring summer?

No first round pick
Only trade was dumping players
Only one new player added to the roster. Potentially one more 4th liner to come?

This is a boredom complaint btw. Not a roster building complaint lol.
Most teams have had pretty uneventful summers. Hell there wasn't even a trade in the first round of the draft.

This is what happens when 90% of the GMs in the league are blind morons.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That's really rare though.

The Kings were barely able to terminate Mike Richards' contract(and ended up with a 20 year cap hit when they finally did) after a long battle and the guy was caught taking a bunch of cocaine across the border haha.

Galchenyuk would have had to have done something pretty serious for this to stick as a non-mutual termination.

oxycodone.

Quite likely prescribed by Kings medical staff. Stigma around this drug has changed massively since this player's arrest and massive successful lawsuits around the destructive false marketing claims that created an epidemic and incredible human tragedy.

NOTE: this is my second posted reply to correct false suggestion of cocaine as the drug charge related to Richards. Not sure how/why the original post was deleted.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
oxycodone.

Quite likely prescribed by Kings medical staff. Stigma around this drug has changed massively since this player's arrest and massive successful lawsuits around the destructive false marketing claims that created an epidemic and incredible human tragedy.

NOTE: this is my second posted reply to correct false suggestion of cocaine as the drug charge related to Richards. Not sure how/why the original post was deleted.
Big pharma really turbocharged the opioid crisis with the help of consulting firms like McKinsey who advised them on how to drive sales. McKinsey actually settled for over half a billion dollars because of their involvement but luckily for them Canada’s federal government has been helping them recoup losses with over a hundred million in government consulting contracts.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I’d suggest year 4 of a flat cap and most teams already capped out has more to do with it.
I agree. Its tough to manage a flat cap when the best players always expect to get raises. At least we should see an end to teams with tons of cap making out like bandits while not even pretending to compete. Last year was the worst since the cap in that regard.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I’d suggest year 4 of a flat cap and most teams already capped out has more to do with it.
Does it though? Lots of shitty contracts handed out as recently as last year. Look at the mess Vancouver and Calgary are in. We're 17 years into the cap and GMs still hand out braindead contracts to middling players.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Watch Vegas LTIR Stone again and then add Kane. I might quit watching if that happens lol
Meanwhile, in Gary's ivory tower:

i-see-no-problem-here-crazy-eyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad