Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Come As You Are, As You Were, As I Want You To Be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
To be fair, the only time I will do this, to Pocklinggrifter, McNall isn't less of grifter. I remember that 30 for 30, the only time truth was spoken on screen was when Bruce and Peter weren't talking.

I'm sure that story of the speaker phone is pure fiction.

I don't doubt it happened. One thing grifters love to do when they get something over on someone like that is brag about it after the fact.

Pocklington already had a history of putting his foot in his mouth, it would have been easy to trap him like that.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
A few different places, the reality is the Garland is coming off a monster year and has arbitrations rights. The Yotes are trying to keep costs down, so they want to move him before they really have to pay him.
I haven't seen it on Pagnotta's twitter. Is it from there?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Just got back from a 45 hour workday, what’d I miss???

But on a serious note, you heard the Seravelli rumours about Kassian, Larsson / Barrie last night, right? That and apparently Pagnotta has us in on Garland. And some whatever on Twitter thinks we have an offer tabled for Koskinen and our 1st for Kessel, a 2nd and 3rd, as long as Cossa doesn’t fall to us at 19

We’ll see

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
lol people complain that Barrie is not good defensively. Well duh. so why did we get him? So we get offense from the back end. He promptly leads the league in D scoring and helps mcdavid to an all world season.

Meanwhile guys like Larsson (who i like well enough) banks the puck off the wall and plays it safe instead of looking for an outlet pass.

Literally for years this team has screamed for puck movers and offense from the D. We get it and a year later people want 6 chris russels 'they are safe.'

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Rishaug said this morning Larsson hasn’t decided what to do. To stay or leave. We’ve given him multiple offers that are good. He said Oilers are a strong option still

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
lol people complain that Barrie is not good defensively. Well duh. so why did we get him? So we get offense from the back end. He promptly leads the league in D scoring and helps mcdavid to an all world season.

Meanwhile guys like Larsson (who i like well enough) banks the puck off the wall and plays it safe instead of looking for an outlet pass.

Literally for years this team has screamed for puck movers and offense from the D. We get it and a year later people want 6 chris russels 'they are safe.'
We have a high end puck mover with an even better shot ready to make the jump right now. We have nobody like Larsson coming. Samurokov maybe.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

I've been saying for months that it takes all sorts of players to win.

Who do you want out there when your down a goal with the clock running out? Who do we roll out on the powerplay to take the lead or bury the opposition?

You bet your ass I want Barrie out there in those situations.

Reactions: Leo360 and Beerfish

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Okay I'm with you that Larsson is very overrated by this board but come on. He's nowhere close to as bad as Erik Gudbranson, Cody Ceci, and Michael Stone.

Larsson, even at the start of this last year, is often as bad as those names. Overall better but for large stretches has been bad.

Paying Larsson big money and term and then seeing the bad Larsson as much as he has been for us is a net negative.

He needs a big paycut or to be far more consistent. I think Gudbranson on a short term cheaper deal could be the better way to go.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't doubt it happened. One thing grifters love to do when they get something over on someone like that is brag about it after the fact.

Pocklington already had a history of putting his foot in his mouth, it would have been easy to trap him like that.
That's a fair point, I just don't believe either when they're talking at all.

It's the old joke "I know they were lying because their lips were moving"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad