Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Come As You Are, As You Were, As I Want You To Be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
If Kessel is coming we would need to move a Righty or 2.

RW:
Jesse
Yammer
Kassian
Archie
Chiason

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

RW:
Jesse
Yammer
Kassian
Archie
Chiason

Sounds like Kassian could be moving in a separate deal (my guess is for Jarry). Chiasson is a UFA, Archie can play either side but he’d be best on the 4th line anyhow. If they get Phil the Thrill he splits the top 6 spots with Puljujarvi and Yamamoto moves down the the third line

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Paul Coffey easily outscored any defensive miscues. Barrie kinda breaks even.

I have a feeling that Barrie would do more than break even in the 80s though too (no I’m not saying he would be as good as Coffey).

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

RW:
Jesse
Yammer
Kassian
Archie
Chiason

Chiasson's already gone, and rumors are out there that Kassian is going to be traded after expansion, so there could be room, but we'd still need some players on the left. However, adding a veteran RW in the top 6 maybe allows consideration for a younger player to try top 6 LW. Unfortuantely Benson's already been exposed maybe he survives.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I thought he was run out of town, or was that just part of it, and the rest was the grifter owner?

I would say it was 99 percent on the owner/management.

The NHL : Coffey Wants Trade After Oilers Owner Questions Courage

OILERS TRADE COFFEY TO PENGUINS

Some relevant archived articles from the time it happened.

“I said that many times he appeared to lack intestinal fortitude in games and didn’t seem to have the (guts) to go into the corner for the puck. I realize he had a bad back and perhaps that was the reason.”

Coffey, who has two years remaining on a contract that reportedly pays him $320,000 a year, said he was aware that disparaging words are often a part of negotiations.

“But when somebody attacks you on a personal level, that’s too much,” he told the Globe and Mail. “He was questioning my guts, my courage. That’s what hurt me the most.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
If we are keeping Barrie then Bear needs to go. Can't have too many smallish defenseman on out blueline

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He talked trash about Gretzky to the LA owner while Gretzky was listening in too. I remember a Gretz interview where he said that helped convince him to move on to LA.
To be fair, the only time I will do this, to Pocklinggrifter, McNall isn't less of grifter. I remember that 30 for 30, the only time truth was spoken on screen was when Bruce and Peter weren't talking.

I'm sure that story of the speaker phone is pure fiction.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
A handful of RHD who I think would adequately fit into our defence at a similar/cheaper price than Larsson, assuming Larsson is coming in around 4.5. Not necessarily to fit his role per se, but an assumption that Bouchard is in the lineup this year based on Holland's comments about Barrie ... Bear and Bouchard are two of our RHD's to start the year.

Gudbranson
Montour
Hamonic
Ceci
Hakanpaa
Stone
Pysyk

I am assuming that Keith is going to be tasked with taking on a rookie like he has the last two season. Unfortunate for him.

Nurse-Bear/Bouchard
Keith-Bear/Bouchard

There are a ton of defencemen available who can play PK and play a 'rugged' game that a lot of you feel Larsson provides (I don't really see it). He isn't this menacing defenceman that people hate to play against. He's a milquetoast defender and bad offensive player. He isn't more than a third pairing PK guy on a good team.

Not to mention the ton of defencemen available in this expansion draft coming up or through trade. There are lots of options...don't get hung up on wanting to spend 4.5 on Larsson...his role is filled without trouble.
Okay I'm with you that Larsson is very overrated by this board but come on. He's nowhere close to as bad as Erik Gudbranson, Cody Ceci, and Michael Stone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Okay I'm with you that Larsson is very overrated by this board but come on. He's nowhere close to as bad as Erik Gudbranson, Cody Ceci, and Michael Stone.

I would bet Holland ends up doing a Chia-like panic trade for Gudbranson if we go into the year with Barrie-Bear-Bouch on the right side. We'll be desperate for some more defensive ability and get some guy that doesn't actually help at a robbery price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad