Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | '22-23 Training Camp Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Its probably been discussed to death, but the Oilers need to land Chrychrun. That would solidify the D core pretty handily and solves the left side D issue

Broberg + Yamamoto + 2023 1st is what Id go.

With JC, that kind of blocks Broberg for the next couple of years. Plus id rather sell Broberg "high" (once he starts playing in the NHL and if he doesnt pan out, his vlaue will plummet). Right now hes still more valuable as an unproven prospect.

Yamamoto still has value, but also need to offload some cap space. Plus the top 6 is already pretty full. Id rather do Yamamoto than JP as well, just for upside purposes. I think Yams will max out as a 3rd liner

I'd rather try for Sanheim. We don't need more fully offensive Dmen. Man do Sanheim and Yamamoto get underrated so badly

No chrychrun is not better than what we have because of his injury history he not the player we think he going to be.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

I'm also glad you're a Sandman fan :thumbu:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Its probably been discussed to death, but the Oilers need to land Chrychrun. That would solidify the D core pretty handily and solves the left side D issue

With JC, that kind of blocks Broberg for the next couple of years. Plus id rather sell Broberg "high" (once he starts playing in the NHL and if he doesnt pan out, his vlaue will plummet). Right now hes still more valuable as an unproven prospect.

Yamamoto still has value, but also need to offload some cap space. Plus the top 6 is already pretty full. Id rather do Yamamoto than JP as well, just for upside purposes. I think Yams will max out as a 3rd liner
A D that can't defend will solidify our D ? I wouldn't add him for free let alone pay the cost to trade for him. We need a solid defensive D. Lots of better option out there.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I'd rather try for Sanheim. We don't need more fully offensive Dmen. Man do Sanheim and Yamamoto get underrated so badly

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

I'm also glad you're a Sandman fan :thumbu:
A D that can't defend will solidify our D ? I wouldn't add him for free let alone pay the cost to trade for him. We need a solid defensive D. Lots of better option out there.
Chychrun is not a full offensive dman. He's put up above average defensive metrics since basically his rookie year (including last season, he graded out very well defensively in the 2nd half after that disastrous start) and does so playing against pretty difficult competition with absolute dogwater teammates. I wouldn't pay the lofty asking price rumored for him but lets not pretend he's Tyson Barrie.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

I was quite surprised that even Lowetide agreed that if the cost is Broberg plus picks for Chrychrun, then that's what you do. He alluded that they want Holloway too though, which is a non-starter. Jesse I would do with Broberg plus maybe a pick (only because I think Jesse wants to be somewhere else and it's a mutual thing at this point). Yams WANTS to be here.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Well he didn't say 100%, so that kind of makes your post pointless.

Facts...
Fact: JP is still here.
Fact: Trade didn't happen.

@nexttothemoon - fact is, Holland actively DID try to trade him, and even said so.
If anything, good on Holland for sticking to his price. Hell even Strutty thinks Jesse is on Connor's line to showcase him for the purpose of a trade.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
If management and coaching staff believe that Broberg has the potential to develop to be on par as Chychrun and possibly better.

Considering the progress of this team under their guidance.

I'm siding with the GM and Coaching staff on this one then media pundits and posters that never held a nhl management position.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Fact: JP is still here.
Fact: Trade didn't happen.

@nexttothemoon - fact is, Holland actively DID try to trade him, and even said so.
If anything, good on Holland for sticking to his price. Hell even Strutty thinks Jesse is on Connor's line to showcase him for the purpose of a trade.
My beef isn't with you... it's with the so called collective of experts/insiders that throw shit around and we all know the team could make moves and who could be moved... but they make it sound like they are in the know... when they actually know JACK SHIT.

Like I said... HFOil is collectively more intelligent and insightful than that overgrown shitpile of experts in the media.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
My beef isn't with you... it's with the so called collective of experts/insiders that throw shit around and we all know the team could make moves and who could be moved... but they make it sound like they are in the know... when they actually know JACK SHIT.

Like I said... HFOil is collectively more intelligent and insightful than that overgrown shitpile of experts in the media.
That's fair!

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton

This screams as someone who doesn't follow the Oilers at all

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If the experts were so smart... why didn't even a single one call the Sammy for Kostin trade... tumbleweeds and crickets... the insiders and experts are glorified shit throwers... that's why.
Does shit actually stick to walls? I've never tried :laugh:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Waiting for the mystery upgrade player that will be available and make our D better…

Its not Chychrun apparently, but now Hague and Sanheim are both re-upping with their clubs. How many more LD are even out there?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Chychrun is not a full offensive dman. He's put up above average defensive metrics since basically his rookie year (including last season, he graded out very well defensively in the 2nd half after that disastrous start) and does so playing against pretty difficult competition with absolute dogwater teammates. I wouldn't pay the lofty asking price rumored for him but lets not pretend he's Tyson Barrie.
According to Puck IQ Chychrun has consistently had one of the lower percentages of time on the ice vs elite competition on the team. 5th in 2019-2020 at 31.8%, Second in 2020-2021 but only 22.7% and 4th last year at 31.0% though the on-ice results are good wrt GF% the SV% was .966 in 2020-2021 for example, which is insanely high. I'm not saying this is definitive, but it does somewhat contradict this assessment.

I would be interested to see the stats you are speaking of as the above is pretty sparse to make any significant conclusions about the player.

I think what we both agree on is that he is not worth the current asking price.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hey the Cap experts, would a deal like this give the Oilers more flexibility?

To BUF: Foegele, Mike Smith, Lavoie and a 2023 3rd

To EDM: Ben Bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad