Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | '22-23 Training Camp Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I recall someone saying the preseason games are not televised? Will they be streamed?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Someone phone Bettman and tell him we want our fricken $3.4M Duncan Keith recapture cap credit the CBA stipulates we are owed.
I honestly thought, as did others, that the recapture credit was part of the process. Turns out it is not explicitly in the CBA. So the decision was essentially arbitrary. I honestly don't know why the Oilers did not get the credit other than the NHL seems to do exactly the opposite of what one would expect in far too many situations.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I honestly thought, as did others, that the recapture credit was part of the process. Turns out it is not explicitly in the CBA. So the decision was essentially arbitrary. I honestly don't know why the Oilers did not get the credit other than the NHL seems to do exactly the opposite of what one would expect in far too many situations.
Because we don't get the breaks like Los Angeles or Tampa Bay because this is a crooked ass bush league.
default.jpg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Holloway-RNH-Foegele
Janmark-McLeod-750k fill

Nurse-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie
Broberg-Ceci
Murray

Campbell
Skinner

This team fits under the cap with…. $12k to spare. Ryan and Samorukov would need to be placed on waivers.

The cap is so tight that they wouldn’t even have room for Samorukov at 775k instead of Murray at 750k.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Dean Lombardi would threaten to make certain pictures public if Bettman didn't give the Kings a cap credit.

The whole thing seems really strange. I think we would have a case if there pushed it to some kind of arbitration but they just seemed to agree that it was ok to get bummed by the league and leave it at that. There is likely some sort of explanation that we will never be informed of....🤔

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Holloway-RNH-Foegele
Janmark-McLeod-750k fill

Nurse-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie
Broberg-Ceci
Murray

Campbell
Skinner

This team fits under the cap with…. $12k to spare. Ryan and Samorukov would need to be placed on waivers.

The cap is so tight that they wouldn’t even have room for Samorukov at 775k instead of Murray at 750k.
If Virtanen shows well, that $750K 4RW spot could be his. What happens if we sign Demers for league minimum and send Broberg down?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Response to this:

Petrov put in the work and he's fine. Jesse was given an English coach by the team, and even then said that he didn't work on it

At what point do we call a spade a spade?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Response to this:

Petrov put in the work and he's fine. Jesse was given an English coach by the team, and even then said that he didn't work on it

As someone who has tried a few times to learn other languages, some people just really don’t have a knack for it.

You literally have to translate your thoughts before you speak. It can be exhausting. Some people can do it well others, it’s just something they will always struggle with.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If Virtanen shows well, that $750K 4RW spot could be his. What happens if we sign Demers for league minimum and send Broberg down?

Not much would change really. It wouldn’t open up enough space to be able to go with 22 skaters instead of 21. The only way that happens is if Foegele or Puljujarvi are moved out.

Foegele out without any cap space back and you could run a 23 player roster.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Response to this:

Jason Arnott 2.0 ?

• Haha
Reactions: McBooya42

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not much would change really. It wouldn’t open up enough space to be able to go with 22 skaters instead of 21. The only way that happens is if Foegele or Puljujarvi are moved out.

I think literally the only thing that changes would be the ability to use Shore instead of one of the cheaper guys

Reactions: Spawn

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

For sure, just saying that if he hits and can score a bit while being sound defensively that he might fill that 4RW role for us if he signs a cheap 1 year deal.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
For sure, just saying that if he hits and can score a bit while being sound defensively that he might fill that 4RW role for us if he signs a cheap 1 year deal.

Oh yah that 750 fill player could definitely be Virtanen. Or Benson. Could even be a $762k guy like Malone, Griffith or Mckegg.

But not Shore. Not unless Broberg went down and was replaced with a 750k player (like Demers at league min) as The Nuge pointed out.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Oh yah that 750 fill player could definitely be Virtanen. Or Benson. Could even be a $762k guy like Malone, Griffith or Mckegg.

But not Shore. Not unless Broberg went down and was replaced with a 750k player (like Demers at league min) as The Nuge pointed out.

I wonder if there’s a scenario where Broberg is sent down and they recall Samorukov after he clears waivers on opening day.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Response to this:

I'm very surprised at Jesse's english. It doesn't seem any better than last year. No offence to him but I thought it would be better. Petrov has very good english and he's been in Canada for less than a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad