Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | 21 Man Roster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Man it really would've been nice if Holland could have sealed the deal and inked Kuzmenko right about now.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Mike Reilly on waivers. No brainer claim to solidify our left side, as he's easily better than Murray, Nemo, and Broberg at this point. Did some spot duty as a top 4 with Ottawa and Winnipeg. Stylistically, I'd say he's a more offensive version of Kulak. If Holland doesn't want to make a big splash for someone like Chychrun, then this is the kind of pick up you make to add NHL depth.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
So what if we can have a 23 man roster when its filled with ahlers. I'll take Kane and the 21 man roster over a 23 man roster where you have to put Yammo/Jp constantly in the top 6. We've seen this movie before and it didn't exactly go very well last December.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Mike Reilly on waivers. No brainer claim to solidify our left side, as he's easily better than Murray, Nemo, and Broberg at this point. Did some spot duty as a top 4 with Ottawa and Winnipeg. Stylistically, I'd say he's a more offensive version of Kulak. If Holland doesn't want to make a big splash for someone like Chychrun, then this is the kind of pick up you make to add NHL depth.

Being signed for next season too is an issue.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It may very well work out that way.

The real disaster would be missing the playoffs. Kane's absence for even three months should not cause that to happen. Once they get through the rest of November the schedule for December and January is actually much easier.

The ability to use Kane's LTIR to fill out the roster should compensate slightly for his loss. The big question is does anyone step up in Kane's absence. Guys like Yamamoto, Foegele and JP can really make a statement towards staying with the team if they can do that. If they can't, then they pretty much seal their fate as far as being an Oiler long term is concerned. It doesn't even have to be the same guy all the time.
I'm not worried about missing the playoffs. The team will figure this out.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad