Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "(I can't get no) Satisfaction"

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Whatever team gives Larsson 5+ million will regret it within the year. I think this is just some posturing by Larsson and Holland so that a protection spot isn’t wasted on him. He’ll sign with us after the expansion draft for around 4.5 million.

It’s not Larsson posturing.

It’s other teams fans who are willing to pay that price, which is surprising.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One of the posts I read, the amount they were willing to offer him was eye opening. They are okay with giving him 5.25 mill per.
Grass is greener syndrome.

Applies to Keith as well tbh.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
That Keith trade thread on the mains has been hijacked by our favorite Oilers haters. Hard to even get a word in edgewise.

That 3 on 0 poster probably just gets an alert every time an Oilers fan replies to a thread.

I replied to a poster that was crying about all of the fighting and I pointed out that his complaints were one-sided. He pointed out he had quoted a poster from his fan base. Never say those posts because *ignored*

Not sure why that guy even bothers anymore, half the people he replies to don’t even see his posts. Waste of time

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I replied to a poster that was crying about all of the fighting and I pointed out that his complaints were one-sided. He pointed out he had quoted a poster from his fan base. Never say those posts because *ignored*

Not sure why that guy even bothers anymore, half the people he replies to don’t even see his posts. Waste of time

I don't think I've ever blocked the guy and don't know who he even is.

I didn't know that thread became a gong show.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hypothetical offseason:

Trade Jones+3rd for Duncan Keith retained at 50% (alternatives sign Murray, Reilly, Oleksiak, Martinez, Goligoski, Kulikov etc)
Sign Taylor Hall $6Mx5 (alternatives Saad, Hyman, Hoffman, Tatar, Schwartz etc)
Sign Alex Wennberg to $3Mx3 (alternatives Stastny, Getzlaf, Granlund, Haula, Bonino etc)
Sign Barcley Goodrow to $3Mx2 (alternatives Coleman, Janmark, Armia, Perrault etc)

Buyout Koskinen
Re-sign Smith $2Mx1
Sign Chris Driedger $3.5Mx3 (or just don't buy out Koskinen and go with same tandem)

Re-sign Larsson $3.75Mx4
Re-sign Yamamoto $1.85Mx2
Re-sign Benson $875K

Hall-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Goodrow-Wennberg-Kassian
Benson-McLeod-Archibald
Shore, Neal

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Larsson
Russel-Bouchard
Lagesson

Driedger
Smith

With buyouts, Turris in the minors and Klefbom on LTIR team would have ~$200K in cap space.

Adds a top line winger, revamps the 3rd line, adds a tandem starter to pair off with Smith and hopefully solidify the 2nd pairing.

This is just me having some fun.

The point isn't so much who the specifics are but rather that there is a lot of money to play around with and a lot of options with varying costs that there really is no excuse for Holland not to address most of the holes on the roster going into next season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That Keith trade thread on the mains has been hijacked by our favorite Oilers haters. Hard to even get a word in edgewise.

That 3 on 0 poster probably just gets an alert every time an Oilers fan replies to a thread.
The Flames fan with the burning plane avatar is the most annoying poster on the site. 3 on 0 is a close second.

Last edited:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I’ve talked with two people in the last 24 hours that believe Ken Holland either has or will have a discussion with the Tyson Barrie camp about extending his stay in Edmonton. One of those sources expected it would happen this coming week. I reported last week that the market is flatter than it normally would have been for Barrie after the type of productive season he had. The chatter I hear is that Barrie feels there’s a mutual fit in Edmonton. And no, I don’t think they would re-sign him (or acquire any other D-man) at the expense of Adam Larsson.
From Kurt Leavins 9 Things. He also thinks 25% would be in the ballpark of what Chicago would want to retain.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

cyberpunk

Feb 7, 2009
I don't think Holland is dumb enough to take on dk at full aav. I could see something if it was playoff rental but not 2 years. Oilers currently have 3 contracts to unload...4 would be deadly.

I wonder if SEA is interested in kassian. Honestly I don't think the wheels have fallen off just yet. If Kass plays that bang and crash game I think Oilers will be a tougher team to play against.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I don't think Holland is dumb enough to take on dk at full aav. I could see something if it was playoff rental but not 2 years. Oilers currently have 3 contracts to unload...4 would be deadly.

I wonder if SEA is interested in kassian. Honestly I don't think the wheels have fallen off just yet. If Kass plays that bang and crash game I think Oilers will be a tougher team to play against.
As one of few who liked Kassian being re-signed, even at a higher than perfect number, he is not holding up his end of the bargain. Maybe crashed 1/60 games this season. Juicy contract, wife, kid = no mo aggressive hockey. It's never coming back imo.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
From Kurt Leavins 9 Things. He also thinks 25% would be in the ballpark of what Chicago would want to retain.

Chicago can f*** off then. There's no need for the Oilers to potentially help them as Holland has the upperhand in the first place. Get bent, Bowman

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they retained zero dollars and all the retention is done through intermediaries, as long as Keith is significantly cheaper by the time he gets to us, it doesn't matter to me which team is retaining.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Chicago can f*** off then. There's no need for the Oilers to potentially help them as Holland has the upperhand in the first place. Get bent, Bowman

I mean if they take 25%, we ought to be able to get av third party to take some AAV as well and further cut the contract. There are a number of teams looking to hit the cap floor this year; particularly a group like Detroit who Holland likely has the ears of.

That being said, ideally we send some salary back.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean if they take 25%, we ought to be able to get av third party to take some AAV as well and further cut the contract. There are a number of teams looking to hit the cap floor this year; particularly a group like Detroit who Holland likely has the ears of.

That being said, ideally we send some salary back.
How many teams would it take to consummate a trade where both Neal and Keith end up being retained at 50%? lol.

Three for each player? So a 6 team trade involving only two players? LOL.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
How many teams would it take to consummate a trade where both Neal and Keith end up being retained at 50%? lol.

Three for each player? So a 6 team trade involving only two players? LOL.

I mean, I assume getting 50% on Keith would be fairly easy; if Chicago is willing to go 25%, you're having a team like Detroit pay like 700k salary a year for like 2.1 million AAV at 33%. I bet like a 3rd or a 4th gets them on board; real money savings.

I imagine would be much harder and more expensive to get a broker for Neal.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean, I assume getting 50% on Keith would be fairly easy; if Chicago is willing to go 25%, you're having a team like Detroit pay like 700k salary a year for like 2.1 million AAV at 33%. I bet like a 3rd or a 4th gets them on board; real money savings.

I imagine would be much harder and more expensive to get a broker for Neal.

So let's say 2 teams for Keith (Chicago + Team X) and 3 teams for Neal (Edmonton + Team Y + Team Z).

Would that be worth it?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Hypothetical offseason:

Trade Jones+3rd for Duncan Keith retained at 50% (alternatives sign Murray, Reilly, Oleksiak, Martinez, Goligoski, Kulikov etc)
Sign Taylor Hall $6Mx5 (alternatives Saad, Hyman, Hoffman, Tatar, Schwartz etc)
Sign Alex Wennberg to $3Mx3 (alternatives Stastny, Getzlaf, Granlund, Haula, Bonino etc)
Sign Barcley Goodrow to $3Mx2 (alternatives Coleman, Janmark, Armia, Perrault etc)

Buyout Koskinen
Re-sign Smith $2Mx1
Sign Chris Driedger $3.5Mx3 (or just don't buy out Koskinen and go with same tandem)

Re-sign Larsson $3.75Mx4
Re-sign Yamamoto $1.85Mx2
Re-sign Benson $875K

Hall-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Goodrow-Wennberg-Kassian
Benson-McLeod-Archibald
Shore, Neal

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Larsson
Russel-Bouchard
Lagesson

Driedger
Smith

With buyouts, Turris in the minors and Klefbom on LTIR team would have ~$200K in cap space.

Adds a top line winger, revamps the 3rd line, adds a tandem starter to pair off with Smith and hopefully solidify the 2nd pairing.

This is just me having some fun.

The point isn't so much who the specifics are but rather that there is a lot of money to play around with and a lot of options with varying costs that there really is no excuse for Holland not to address most of the holes on the roster going into next season.
Well done! This really does a good job of illustrating your core point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad