Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
If the Sens are planning on rebuilding, a one year deal isn't the worse thing in the world. They should be able to get some really good pieces if/when they trade Stone and Karlsson.
He’s UFA though? He will lose all his value if he can walk for free.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting that Karlsson's ask is 6.5mil and Vegas is offering 3.5mil.

Curious if both sides just want one year, because they don't really seem that far apart and Karlsson's ask seems quite reasonable considering he scored 40 goals last year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Russell being moved makes some sense just because of the cap replacement. Ideally, we would gain cap space in the deal to re-sign Nurse with, and to maybe bring in other players. Carolina has the space so it's logical.

It just makes so much sense to get Faulk. I mean, not only do we need a Dman for the PP, but Sekera had tons of chemistry with him in Carolina. Plus, Carolina is in the other conference, so I'd think a western team has the advantage in dealing with them. It feels like destiny

It actually makes no sense to acquire Faulk. Their two best Dman prospects excel on the PP and are close to NHL ready and the Oilers had a top 5 PP 2 seasons ago with the same D group they have now. While they wait for Bouchard and Bear to develop, Klefbom is perfectly capable of holding down the fort for a year or two assuming that he ever stays healthy.

Absolutely zero interest in giving up prime assets for a PP QB, the drafting of Bouchard really changed that equation.
I'd be more interested in Skinner but since the GM put the team in cap hell, can't do that unless they magically take on the Lucic contract.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It actually makes no sense to acquire Faulk. Their two best Dman prospects excel on the PP and are close to NHL ready and the Oilers had a top 5 PP 2 seasons ago with the same D group they have now. While they wait for Bouchard and Bear to develop, Klefbom is perfectly capable of holding down the fort for a year or two assuming that he ever stays healthy.

Absolutely zero interest in giving up prime assets for a PP QB, the drafting of Bouchard really changed that equation.
I'd be more interested in Skinner but since the GM put the team in cap hell, can't do that unless they magically take on the Lucic contract.
this is a fair opinion, but for me it is bigger than the PP. In general we are a team that scores on the rush, and doesn't make a lot of plays that cycle in the offensive zone, and we don't get quality point shots through. So yes, Faulk would help our PP, but I think he would help our team be better in the offensive zone in general. That team in 2016-17 did get it done, but with everyone going on all cylinders, and even that team had problems such the RNH and Eberle line never really playing well, so nearly winning the division was a bit of a mirage. We should be such a better team than this, and imo the problem is that our defense doesn't know what to do in the offensive zone.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Interesting that Karlsson's ask is 6.5mil and Vegas is offering 3.5mil.

Curious if both sides just want one year, because they don't really seem that far apart and Karlsson's ask seems quite reasonable considering he scored 40 goals last year.
Didn't he shoot something crazy like 23%. I'd be worried of a severe drop in production more in line with the rest of his career.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 year show me deal

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'd pass on Brouwer. Let's not forget his former coach is now an assistant with the Oilers. He'd likely still struggle under Mclellan's and Gulutzan's tutelage as GG would be in Mclellan's ear how to use him.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No.

Guy is bad and makes everyone on the ice worse.
At $1m he'd be a very good buy low option. This guy eclipses 200 hits a year, plays all situations including being a prominent PKer and also happens to be quite proficient on the dot looking at his time in Washington. Swiss army knife type forward. You're reading too far into the opinions of Flames fans who are biased due to his paycheck.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yeah I agree Brouwer might be worth a look on the cheap, though I think he signs with Chicago or Washington if they have interest.

Edit: It also tells me the Flames are expecting are expecting Hanafin to be expensive, as well, my conspiracy thought is they're trying to get Price out of Montreal.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah I agree Brouwer might be worth a look on the cheap, though I think he signs with Chicago or Washington if they have interest.

Edit: It also tells me the Flames are expecting are expecting Hanafin to be expensive, as well, my conspiracy thought is they're trying to get Price out of Montreal.

Price is just entering that huge cap with the big term and can't stay healthy at all, or so it seems. Mike Smith has started more games than Price has over the last four seasons...let Calgary have him :).

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I would. He has a lot of pride and a lot to prove. He was poorly used in Calgary and really suffered from their complete lack of offensive forward depth.
lmao so what he's going to come to the Oilers and succeed when the Oilers have just as bad forward depth?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I fell exactly the same way as you do.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Didn't he shoot something crazy like 23%. I'd be worried of a severe drop in production more in line with the rest of his career.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 year show me deal
I thought I read he'd be a UFA after 2 years. Not sure that is really ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad