Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What Comes First? A New HC, a New GM or a Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Any rumblings out there about a Talbot deal in the works? I don't have a verified source but am under the impression that he may be traded soon. Which teams could have interest and what could we get back?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Any rumblings out there about a Talbot deal in the works? I don't have a verified source but am under the impression that he may be traded soon. Which teams could have interest and what could we get back?

If we trade him we would need a backup goalie still. Montoya hasn’t been great in the AHL so he is not someone we can rely on.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Carolina or Philly.

My idea is Talbot + Benning for Gudas + Elliott.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Where did you get that?

Makes sense though. Talbot has struggled for a year and the team seems shaky in front of him.

Tikkanen had an intermission interview praising grant fuhr saying he gave them confidence to win. Is that how the obc feels? Is that an indixtment of talbot?

In any case the coach and players allude to two goalies so....not sure about that.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
This team desperately needs a 3C and a few wingers. Defense shouldn't be upgraded because we need to spend assets on offense imho.

I wonder if Vegas would trade Haula, and what they would want for him.
What about Brassard? Heard Pittsburgh willing to trade anyone.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'd keep an eye on Detroit if they start to fade they have a couple interesting pieces they may be willing to part with.

Green - I've wanted him of so long, think he would be a great fit. Vet puck mover who can still put up points from the back end, still skates well and great pp option. Has this year and next @5.3 and has a NMC but from Calgary may be willing to waive. Think the cost would be reasonable and his contract manageable for the next two seasons.

Nyquist - Bonafide top 6 winger. He'd likely be a pure rental for us but could help add some secondary scoring if Hitch can't find it from guys already here.

Glendenning - He'd probably serve as a good Strome replacement. Right shot C who is great on the dot, great PK'er and defensive player. Good skater, plays all 3 forward positions and is kinda of a jack of all trades. 2 more years at 1.8M

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

I doubt he gets traded. The tandem will be great if the team plays some decent defense. If they were to move him I hope it's after he's been on a hot streak and gives us something good in return. The team has been pretty bad in front of him.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'd keep an eye on Detroit if they start to fade they have a couple interesting pieces they may be willing to part with.

Green - I've wanted him of so long, think he would be a great fit. Vet puck mover who can still put up points from the back end, still skates well and great pp option. Has this year and next @5.3 and has a NMC but from Calgary may be willing to waive. Think the cost would be reasonable and his contract manageable for the next two seasons.

Nyquist - Bonafide top 6 winger. He'd likely be a pure rental for us but could help add some secondary scoring if Hitch can't find it from guys already here.

Glendenning - He'd probably serve as a good Strome replacement. Right shot C who is great on the dot, great PK'er and defensive player. Good skater, plays all 3 forward positions and is kinda of a jack of all trades. 2 more years at 1.8M

I like Glendening but I'm not so sure the Wings would move him. He's not flashy, but still a valuable piece in my eye. Him or Jesper Fast would make for a great bottom 6 forward.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Jets fans seem to be turning in Myers a bit. Could he a decent stop gap for the season here.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Myers
Russell-Wideman

Looks solid to my eye. Though I don't think it's possible salery cap wise?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
What type of players is Hitchcock looking for?
He likes two-way players and guys with size, appreciates players who play with some grit or an edge, or players who are tireless workers; has little patience for pure offensive guys, but isn't so stubborn that he won't use them entirely if they score enough, but will constantly try to change them into better defensive players and doesn't much care how much offense they sacrifice in getting there.

What he wants above all else is players who buy in to what he's trying to teach them and his defensive system or for the more pessimistic approach I believe a couple of his former players have accused him of wanting them to play like robots, devoid of any free will.

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
Jets fans seem to be turning in Myers a bit. Could he a decent stop gap for the season here.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Myers
Russell-Wideman

Myers has been pretty bad this season.

Taking bad penalties, not competing enough. The thing is, he has the ability to be better so it wouldn’t be the worst idea to give him a chance.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I demand a caggiula-sceviour-marody line

Also move pulju to center.

Rnh-mcdavid-drai
Spooner-jp-reider
Caggiula-sceviour-marody
Lucic-brodziak-chiasson

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Myers
Russell-Wideman

Spooner+Benning+? would be $5M to offset Myers' $5.5M.

Is that too much of a pipe dream? :P

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Would be great news for Katz and oilers management. Lots of money saved.

"Drew Dougthy sometimes skates for himself and not the team"

Doughty: "f*** you, go back to junior you piece of shit hack"

He would get eaten alive in that dressing room. They actually have winners in that locker room that know what they are doing. Their roster sucks make no mistake about it, but Todd is not going to fix that mess. The kings are in the midst of a rebuild and hes a terrible coach for young players.

Do it L.A.

Reactions: DipsyMcDoodles

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

With Pittsburgh's goalie woes and Murray placed on the IR again, their goalie situation is pretty bleak. I believe Talbot could become a Penguin and he'd waive for Pitt.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
With Pittsburgh's goalie woes and Murray placed on the IR again, their goalie situation is pretty bleak. I believe Talbot could become a Penguin and he'd waive for Pitt.
Pitts is the kind of team that would trade a 1st for Talbot too. Do it up

Reactions: McFuhryous

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Trade Talbot at your own peril. For one, it's still way too early to anoint Koskinen as the starter. It doesn't take a historian to know that 8 games means next to nothing in determining a goalie's ability to play in the NHL.

Two, Koskinen was brought in partly for the purpose of establishing a goalie tandem. He is supposed to push Talbot, and Talbot is supposed to push him. If you lose one goalie, then the tandem is broken and you've defeated one of the very reasons you acquired Koskinen in the first place.

I can't imagine Talbot is being actively shopped. Then again, this is Chiarelli we're talking about.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Trade Talbot at your own peril. For one, it's still way too early to anoint Koskinen as the starter. It doesn't take a historian to know that 8 games means next to nothing in determining a goalie's ability to play in the NHL.

Two, Koskinen was brought in partly for the purpose of establishing a goalie tandem. He is suppose to push Talbot, and Talbot is suppose to push him. If you lose one goalie, then the tandem is broken and you've defeated one of the very reasons you acquired Koskinen in the first place.

I can't imagine Talbot is being actively shopped. Then again, this is Chiarelli we're talking about.

No, I wouldn't trade Talbot right away either. I'm looking more February-ish myself. If Koskinen outright steals the #1 job and is looking like the long-term solution in net, I trade Talbot at the deadline or a week or two before. He's not going to sign for less money to be a backup again and you don't want to lose him for nothing either come July 1st.

Reactions: Pointteen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad